X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Thanks for the info!
    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• I watched Wakanda Forever today at the premiere and I'm in awe. I'm sure Chadwick Boseman is proud from up there in heaven for everyone's work in this movie.
      Finally, the MCU is back on track after many missteps. Phase 4 got out with a BANG!!!

Comment

• I thought it was a good movie. I really enjoyed it.
        The storyline was really good and I thought it was a beautiful ode to Chadwick.
        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed the film - it was consistent and had a great mix of comedy, sadness and action. I'm sure Chadwick would be happy with this send-off. The acting was some of the best in the MCU. The four main ladies were amazing - especially Angela Bassett (no surprise there).

Comment

• Guardians Holiday Special is released today.
            I have a bad feeling about this.

Comment

• I finally saw Wakanda a couple days ago and it was much better than I expected it to be. The final part of the movie had me so sad. And the way the Marvel logo came in at the beginning was really touching.

Namor is hot, and I am here for the green speedo.

Comment

• I watched the Guardians special.

Spoiler!

I’m using spoiler tags because I’m sure some will be saving it for December - unlike me

But Guardians is the last release of phase four! It’s been an odd phase (and huge - 17 releases), but I think they did a great job bringing in some great new characters that will be great additions to The Avengers movies in 2025 and 2026.

It’ll be interesting to see how the navigate between movie characters and television characters going forward - hopefully lots of intertwining, like we’re presumably going to see in The Marvels next year.

Comment

• Mantis had never mentioned it before, I feel like they almost used this special to give her some character development because they didn't wanna give her the screen time in the main film.

It was a cute special though, funny at times and Pom did great helming the main role here.

Comment

• I watched the Guardians special last night. It was cute and funny. I quite liked the fact that Drax and Mantis had some more screentime.

Comment

• Jeremy Renner Hospitalized In Critical But Stable Condition (thedirect.com)

Comment

• So much has happened lately around the MCU.

Congrats to Angela Bassett and her stunning performance!
                        Her acceptance speech was so moving!

A new trailer for Ant-Man & the Wasp Quantumania was also released. Feels like an Avengers movie.
                        Who's ready?
                        Spoiler!

Comment

• I am so hyped for Phase Five.

Comment

• Angela deserves it, Id love her to get the Oscar nomination but won't hold out hope.

Comment

• I can't believe it took me so long, but I finally watched Wakanda Forever and I spent two-thirds of the movie in tears. It's so phucking sad!
                              Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Flowers
                              AlbumClash 2.0: [SZA vs. Ava Max]

"These gays, they're trying to murder me."

Comment

• I watched Wakanda Forever the other day and I have to say, I wasn’t overly impressed by it. I thought it was far too long and could have been cut by at least thirty minutes.

I think my issue with it is that as a self contained story it just doesn’t work. They spent so long building up Wakanda into a sort of Atlantis, with advanced intelligence and technology, only to become incredibly defenceless (and friendless) simply because they didn’t have a Black Panther. It doesn’t work for me.

I appreciate the story is worked around sad circumstances beyond anyone’s control, but at the end the only real progression feels forced - Shuri has her origin story as Black Panther, we get to see Val again, the MCU gets a five hundred year old mutant, Wakanda gets an ally that’s more powerful than itself and we get yet another child that can become a young Avenger.

(Seriously though, they’ve been building up this Young Avenger team for years, what’s going on with it?)

The idea that Shuri had never studied the heart shaped herb before (and thus didn’t have its genetic code) doesn’t ring true to her character either.

Not to takeaway from Angela Bassett but I thought Letitia Wright gave a far more deserving performance. She’s a worthy lead but I wish her origin story had been a Disney+ series so we could have just got on with business.

If there’s a third movie, and there will be, I’m not sure where they can take it.

Comment

• It did occur to me that the MCU has also been slowly building up the idea of death not being the end.

Wakanda has the ancestral plane, where we’ve seen dead kings and queens. Jane and Heimdall are in Valhalla (as seen in Thor: Love & Thunder), and in Moon Knight we see Steven/Marc sailing through Duat (the Egyptian realm of the dead) with a talking Hippo.

Maybe nothing comes of it, but it does make me wonder if the MCU is working towards potentially bringing back a character or two? Tony Stark would be the obvious character, but his arc ended. Natasha on the other hand, just felt like she was getting started…

Comment

• I get what you mean, but I think that would be a bad idea. If death is not permanent, then nothing has any stakes. They are already kinda pushing their luck with Loki's ongoing storyline and how he just seemingly will never go away.

I am very excited for Quantumania, I think it could be huge.
                                    Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                                      I get what you mean, but I think that would be a bad idea. If death is not permanent, then nothing has any stakes. They are already kinda pushing their luck with Loki's ongoing storyline and how he just seemingly will never go away.
                                      I get what you mean. Loki coming back from the dead (though technically he didn’t) makes sense in terms of how it happened, but the idea of Kang controlling everything and removing free will from every MCU movie is still something I have issue with - especially in terms of the infinity stones being redundant in that place beyond time and space Loki is currently in.

I am very excited for Quantumania, I think it could be huge.
                                      Me too. I think it’s going to be the game changer we all thought Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness would be. Now that they’ve announced new Avenger movies they need to start creating stories that begin getting to a place where they’re needed.

Comment

• QuANTuMANia will be awesome hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                        X