Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCU: Shang-Chi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It’s a little too convenient having Geraldine as Maria’s daughter, but in a world already so large it makes sense to use existing characters. I could see Wanda going all villain and Captain Marvel being called to sort it - but I have no idea who my money would be on.
    Words are useless, especially sentences.
    they don’t stand for anything.
    How could they explain how I feel?

    Comment


    • Captain Marvel vs Scarlet Witch would be immense. Two of the most powerful Avengers. I’d put money on Wanda, I mean Thanos had to resort to opening fire on his own army to stop her.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spartan View Post
        Captain Marvel vs Scarlet Witch would be immense. Two of the most powerful Avengers. I’d put money on Wanda, I mean Thanos had to resort to opening fire on his own army to stop her.
        ... and that’s why she would be the perfect new Big Bad in the MCU. It would be epic as both sides have big fans. But who could step in and sort out an evil Scarlet Witch alongside Captain Marvel? Sounds like a job for the X Men to me - especially as in the comic books Magneto was Wanda and Pietro’s father.
        Words are useless, especially sentences.
        they don’t stand for anything.
        How could they explain how I feel?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

          ... and that’s why she would be the perfect new Big Bad in the MCU. It would be epic as both sides have big fans. But who could step in and sort out an evil Scarlet Witch alongside Captain Marvel? Sounds like a job for the X Men to me - especially as in the comic books Magneto was Wanda and Pietro’s father.
          I just hate seeing a character I enjoy as a hero become a villain so I’m hoping not.

          Comment



          • Episode 5 has been released.


            What the actual...

            The X-Men have entered the building! My mind is blown. Have they just made the entire X-Men series part of the MCU?

            I’m so confused right now. So Wanda isn’t behind it all, and whoever is just sent the X-Men version of of brother into the MCU? Vision has woken up (yey) but has no recollection of life before he died (boo).
            Words are useless, especially sentences.
            they don’t stand for anything.
            How could they explain how I feel?

            Comment


            • Geraldine showing empathy for Wanda when her colleagues think she’s evil hints that Wanda is still a good character.
              i guess Wanda is forced in some way to take part in this fantasy.

              Comment


              • Btw I cant stand that actor who plays Pietro

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                  Geraldine showing empathy for Wanda when her colleagues think she’s evil hints that Wanda is still a good character.
                  i guess Wanda is forced in some way to take part in this fantasy.
                  I agree. I think Wanda was very sincere at the end when she said she didn’t know how this started, so someone is pulling her strings. Her friend within the show knows what’s going on too I think.

                  But Geraldine/Monica said at the start it felt like grief, which is what we were all saying anyway. was I making things up or did Wanda slip back into her accent when she left The Hex?
                  Words are useless, especially sentences.
                  they don’t stand for anything.
                  How could they explain how I feel?

                  Comment


                  • Oh my GOD! That last scene literally BLEW my mind. When I first seen the back of the hair I was so excited that it was Pietro. But then when I seen it was Evan Peters I was slightly disappointed as I wanted to see a real reunion... and then it sunk it what that actually meant! I am so friggen excited over this!

                    This is such a fantastic show. It just keeps getting better!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                      Oh my GOD! That last scene literally BLEW my mind. When I first seen the back of the hair I was so excited that it was Pietro. But then when I seen it was Evan Peters I was slightly disappointed as I wanted to see a real reunion... and then it sunk it what that actually meant! I am so friggen excited over this!

                      This is such a fantastic show. It just keeps getting better!
                      There are so many implications! Disappointed they quietly confirmed Magneto wasn’t their father at the start of the episode though

                      I did wonder if these MCU shows would be a quick cash in for Disney+ (like the ABC/Netflix ones) but they’ve really well and have curated a very rewarding show in WandaVision. I don’t know how it will hold up in a few years from now once we know what’s going on, but for now it’s brilliant.

                      The Falcon and Winter Soldier starts in March and Loki starts in May, with 4 MCU movies due for release between May and December (unless they end up getting pushed back, which is likely). It’s going to be an exciting year in the MCU!
                      Words are useless, especially sentences.
                      they don’t stand for anything.
                      How could they explain how I feel?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                        I agree. I think Wanda was very sincere at the end when she said she didn’t know how this started, so someone is pulling her strings. Her friend within the show knows what’s going on too I think.

                        But Geraldine/Monica said at the start it felt like grief, which is what we were all saying anyway. was I making things up or did Wanda slip back into her accent when she left The Hex?
                        Yes I think she reverted to her sokovian accent when she was outside. And I suppose she had to act aggressively to sort of protect those people from the real danger whatever it is..

                        Comment


                        • I don’t really know anything about X-Men but even I could tell that last scene was a great twist, plus I enjoy Evan Peters as an actor so that’s fine. The argument between Vision and Wanda was fantastic, as was Wanda confronting S.W.O.R.D. I definitely feel like there’s more up with the lady neighbour.

                          Comment


                          • I believed Wanda when she said that she doesn't know who's doing this and there could be an outside force and now that we've seen the 'other' Quicksilver, could it be Professor X?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                              I believed Wanda when she said that she doesn't know who's doing this and there could be an outside force and now that we've seen the 'other' Quicksilver, could it be Professor X?
                              I think at this stage anything is possible, though I’m not convinced Professor X is going to become the new MCU villain. But he absolutely has the right power to control Wanda.

                              I think we need to make sure Quicksilver is definitely Quicksilver first before we can assume others are going to be introduced. Episode 5 made a quiet announcement at the start by confirming Magneto was not the father of MCU’s Wanda (her parents’ names were mentioned) but in the X-Men series I believe it’s already been confirmed that that version of Pietro is the son of Fassbender’s Magneto.

                              Also, the timelines don’t work. Peter Evan’s Quicksilver appears in the X-Men’s historical timeline - I think Days of Future Past was in the 1980s whereas Dark Phoenix was 1990s. WandaVision (outside of the sitcom) is supposedly set in 2023 - meaning Wanda has just potentially recognised her twin that was born like 20 years before her in the 1960s.

                              It’s worth noting that in the X-Men timeline, in 2023 Wolverine and Professor X are dead. If we assume in the multiverses time run parallel (e.g. if it’s 2023 in one, it’s 2023 in the other) then I don’t know how Quicksilver can really be there nor how Professor X could be behind it.

                              I think we have to assume time does run parallel though, based on the multiverse stuff from Spider-Man: Far From Home.

                              It’s all so confusing so I have to stop thinking about it. I hate that Disney+ are only dropping episodes weekly (but secretly love it at the same time)
                              Words are useless, especially sentences.
                              they don’t stand for anything.
                              How could they explain how I feel?

                              Comment


                              • Episode 6 was...

                                ... rather pedestrian. Sadly it isn’t the Fox Pietro and TPTB were just messing with us - at least I assume, because he referenced his MCU death.

                                The Halloween costumes were genius. Agnes appears to just be another resident. Monica has obtained powers from going into the hex which I assume will be explored in Captain Marcel 2. I have no idea who her friend is but clearly they’re introducing someone new to the MCU as it’s been foreshadowed too much.

                                Also, is Kick Ass coming to town? I hadn’t realised he was Marvel too

                                I honestly don’t know where this series is going. I assume we’ll find out who is behind everything but I’m not convinced it will all be resolved - it wouldn’t surprise me if Wanda ends the series by putting the whole of a state or maybe even the entire US ‘under the dome’.

                                Vision is going to have some strong words for Wanda when he gets home!
                                Words are useless, especially sentences.
                                they don’t stand for anything.
                                How could they explain how I feel?

                                Comment


                                • I totally had to Google the Kickass reference It's been so long since I watched it I forgot the two starred in it.

                                  It was a good episode but on the lower end of the spectrum. On par with the first 2 episodes but I still quite liked the few twists it had.

                                  Also I felt like this was a different Quicksilver to the one from X-Men, he felt like a slightly different character to me. I get that's probably the route they're going down but I'm not quite sure how I feel about him just yet
                                  Last edited by jason2379; Fri February 12, 2021, 23:59.

                                  Comment


                                  • I loved this episode. Yeah i don't trust the new Pietro.. I think he could be a mole sent in by the SWORD guy.

                                    I think something else is controlling Wanda as well.

                                    I enjoyed all the costume references and the setting up of the young avengers in a few years! (along with hawkeye TV show and ant man both introducing members of the young avengers)

                                    3 episodes left and I can't wait to see how this turns out.....
                                    Rolling back the rivers in time...

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

                                      I enjoyed all the costume references and the setting up of the young avengers in a few years! (along with hawkeye TV show and ant man both introducing members of the young avengers
                                      I forgot about this! You’re so right, and Tony Stark had a daughter too...
                                      Words are useless, especially sentences.
                                      they don’t stand for anything.
                                      How could they explain how I feel?

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                                        I forgot about this! You’re so right, and Tony Stark had a daughter too...
                                        Ohhhh yes of course!!
                                        Rolling back the rivers in time...

                                        Comment


                                        • I forgot to say how much I enjoyed E6. Everything with the twins channelling Malcolm In The Middle and Evan Peters' character was great, and the ending where she expands the town was good. Maybe everyone overthought the whole Quiksilver thing. I enjoyed the balance of West View and the S.W.O.R.D. stuff, really shaping up to be good. I'm still expecting a cameo from a big name.

                                          Did anyone else notice how distrusting Pietro was of Vision? Also love that they censored Darcy saying "oh f***" into "oh fudge" as she was encapsulated by the town.

                                          Comment


                                          • I want the Nexus pill they advertised

                                            Comment


                                            • So there was a villain in disguise all along... feels kinda lame though

                                              Comment


                                              • I kinda loved the reveal! I'm just a little ashamed I didn't catch on sooner, it seems obvious now

                                                Comment


                                                • So this is an origin story for whoever Monica is. Loved her superhero pose moment. They still haven’t revealed who ‘her guy’ was, so I’m expecting a big reveal in the finale.

                                                  This witch woman - why? There’s so much to go through with only 2 episodes left. Not really sure this show will be as good on repeat viewing now we know there’s a lot of the WTF moments are complete misdirection, but I’ve seriously enjoyed it more than I I thought I would.

                                                  But if Wanda doesn’t go all out Scarlett Witch soon I’m going to very unimpressed. No idea what the point of Vision is at this point now he knows he’s supposed to be dead.

                                                  Surely he’s smart enough to know he has to destroy himself to prevent his body being used? The bigger problem is which AI are they going to download into him? Please don’t tell me someone has a backup of Ultron on a hard drive waiting to be downloaded (they’ve mentioned him a few times for a reason, right?)
                                                  Words are useless, especially sentences.
                                                  they don’t stand for anything.
                                                  How could they explain how I feel?

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Love seeing Monica but this is getting boring. The reveal seems so cheap and badly written. We need some action now.
                                                    Diva!!!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X