No announcement yet.

MCU: Shang-Chi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally @ Black Widow! It's been ages...

Also, I had like no expectations going into The Falcon And The Winter Soldier simply because I never really cared for him so far, but the first episode was really good. Not as strong as the start to WandaVision IMO, but definitely another great set up. Can't wait to see how it will continue - kinda meh that there'll be only six episodes.

Comment

• The second episode was so much better than the first one in so many ways!
      Sebastian Stan is really wondeful, he's doing an amazing job with Bucky!
      And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• What an incredible episode. I never knew about Isaiah Bradley but boy, his story is incredible.

I'm just blown away!
        Diva!!!

Comment

• I got lost off a little with the second episode. So Bucky just turns up to complain about the new Captain America then invites himself along on an unofficial mission?

Like, why did they put Isaiah in prison for 30 years? He never actually says. I’m hoping he comes back in a later episode. With so many Captain America’s running around in the show now, I’m really hoping Chris Evans is going to pop up (Steve’s alive, right?) and we have a scene with all of them together before this is over.

I don’t know how but every time this show ends, I’m not ready. That’s twice now it’s ended in such a random place and I’ve gone ‘is that it?’

Honestly, it’s beginning to feel like this was a movie and they’ve just padded out the script into a four hour epic.
          I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Also, another young Avenger popped up in episode two. Marvel are so going there in phase five.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
              I got lost off a little with the second episode. So Bucky just turns up to complain about the new Captain America then invites himself along on an unofficial mission?

Like, why did they put Isaiah in prison for 30 years? He never actually says. I’m hoping he comes back in a later episode. With so many Captain America’s running around in the show now, I’m really hoping Chris Evans is going to pop up (Steve’s alive, right?) and we have a scene with all of them together before this is over.

I don’t know how but every time this show ends, I’m not ready. That’s twice now it’s ended in such a random place and I’ve gone ‘is that it?’

Honestly, it’s beginning to feel like this was a movie and they’ve just padded out the script into a four hour epic.
              It does feel like an extended movie. I really enjoy it though. I guess for Isaiah they will reveal the details in the coming episodes. My only complaint is the new Captain feels low budget

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

It does feel like an extended movie. I really enjoy it though. I guess for Isaiah they will reveal the details in the coming episodes. My only complaint is the new Captain feels low budget
                The new Captain America is played by Kirk Russell and Goldie Hawn’s son... so I’m fairly sure he isn’t low budget

But I know what you mean. They’ve set it up so that this new Captain America doesn’t feel permanent and frankly, quite unlikeable. I’m projecting here, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s a semi villain who ends up injecting himself with the serum at some point in his desperate need to prove himself worthy... whilst making himself very unworthy in the process.

As for Isaiah, I suppose he implied his imprisonment was a way of them to keeping him where they needed him, so they could continue experimenting.

I’m not sure they will explore it in more detail - I honestly feel like they’ve setup another Disney+ show, where they can show us the mission he speaks of fighting the Winter Soldier... he mentions it was during the Korean War, so the 1950s, which would be a perfect way of bringing Peggy Carter, Howard Stark and Jarvis back into the MCU.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• In the comics, Isaiah uses Captain America's suit despite which was considered treason according to them. He was used by US and thrown away after being used.

Here is a 6min video on Isaiones background.
                  Last edited by TIfan; Mon March 29, 2021, 03:24.
                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Wyatt Russell's character is altered from the comics in which he was essentially the dark reflection of Steve Roger's and was patriotic in a more confederate flag way. When Steve returned as Captain America he came U.S agent.

But in this show Steve is now dead (the first scene was his funeral) so its more likely that Sam or Bucky (who have both been CA in the comics) will take the title and John will become slightly villainous.

As far as the movie vibes, these were shot in mind of a six hour movie broken into story acts. Its why Wandavision has some quite odd lengths along with the fact an entire episode was removed due to covid changing the story.
                    Uk the only way

Comment

• The difference between WandaVision and TFATWS though are that TFATWS doesn’t appear to have episodic arcs. They just end randomly and pick up randomly. The episodes aren’t following the traditional three act structure.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I didn’t find Bucky attractive in the movies but he’s hot in this one

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                          I didn’t find Bucky attractive in the movies but he’s hot in this one
                          He’s ageing nicely. Thought he looks a lot like Mark Hamill.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I didn't realise that Wyatt Russell was Goldie Hawn's son (nor that he's the half-bro of Kate and Oliver Hudson), but I can see the Kurt Russell in him.

I'm really enjoying it still. I don't know why some people thought this would be like WandaVision - that was so unique. This is much more generic but still really enjoyable, they love gay-baiting the Sam-Bucky relationship as well. But this show is doing a much better job of exploring their characters than the movies ever did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                              I'm really enjoying it still. I don't know why some people thought this would be like WandaVision - that was so unique. This is much more generic but still really enjoyable, they love gay-baiting the Sam-Bucky relationship as well. But this show is doing a much better job of exploring their characters than the movies ever did.
                              Stylistically, it’s very in line with the tone of Captain America movies, particularly in its bleakness and colour pallet. It’s such a change from WandaVision, but I’m enjoying it. Annoyed Sharon hasn’t shown up and we’re almost half way through.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
                                As far as the movie vibes, these were shot in mind of a six hour movie broken into story acts. Its why Wandavision has some quite odd lengths along with the fact an entire episode was removed due to covid changing the story.
                                Also keep in mind that the length of sitcom shows is about 20'. When the sitcom reality ended, the length of the episodes also changed. ;)

Comment

Stylistically, it’s very in line with the tone of Captain America movies, particularly in its bleakness and colour pallet. It’s such a change from WandaVision, but I’m enjoying it. Annoyed Sharon hasn’t shown up and we’re almost half way through.
                                  I know you're a fan of Emily VanCamp but do people actually like Sharon? I just feel like her and Steve were forced in Civil War and I didn't buy it. I wonder if when Cap went back in time, he told Peggy he'd been with her niece.

Comment

I know you're a fan of Emily VanCamp but do people actually like Sharon? I just feel like her and Steve were forced in Civil War and I didn't buy it. I wonder if when Cap went back in time, he told Peggy he'd been with her niece.
                                    Sharon was poorly handled, but full of potential.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Kinda surprised to find out that there are Marvel fans on Ukmix.

Comment

He’s ageing nicely. Thought he looks a lot like Mark Hamill.
                                        Now that you’ve mentioned it, yes I see it now.

Comment

Agreed. The romance between Nat and Bruce was also forced, imo.

Comment

• Great episode. John showing more of his comic side. Good comedic chemistry between everyone and Sharon actually being a badass. Also yay for the cameo at the end.
                                            Uk the only way

Comment

• I am so anticipating the next episode. Holy crap
                                              Diva!!!

Comment

• I dunno, it’s not really grabbing me. It all feels fairly generic. Maybe that’s the wrong word and it’s really just not to my liking. The only part that grabbed my attention was the semi homoerotic therapy

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                                  I dunno, it’s not really grabbing me. It all feels fairly generic. Maybe that’s the wrong word and it’s really just not to my liking. The only part that grabbed my attention was the semi homoerotic therapy
                                                  Did you enjoy WandaVision more?
                                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• To be fair I remember by episode 2 of WandaVision that it wasn’t impressing me that much either.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X