No announcement yet.

MCU: Shang-Chi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I forgot to comment on these…

Black Widow is a superb movie in my opinion. I remember when the movie was first announced, I wasn’t that enthusiastic, but my goodness I was wrong. Scarlett was fantastic, and I loved the introduction of Florence Pugh (whom I’m looking forward to seeing much more of). Russian Ray Winstone gave me a chuckle. A really strong opener to Phase 4 in my opinion. It’s just a shame the scheduling order has been thrown out so much by Covid.

I enjoyed Loki, but think it could have been better. It felt very much like watching Doctor Who with a bigger budget (which isn’t a bad thing). I would, however, have liked to see more twists, deception and trickery, given the titular star. A character like Loki deserves some really creative, intelligent writing in my opinion.

Next up, I have yet to watch The Falcon and Winter Soldier. I’m not really one for watching things out of sequence, but my friend was desperate for me to watch Loki with him, so I caved in.

Comment

• Scarlett Johansson sues Disney over 'Black Widow' streaming release
      https://www.rfi.fr/en/scarlett-johan...eaming-release
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Loved Black Widow, definitely a positive surprise because honestly, I didn't know what to expect exactly going into the movie. But I was impressed, loved most characters and the storyline, too.

We started to rewatch Phase One and just finished it with the first Avengers movie yesterday and it's even cooler watching everything now knowing some of the back stories like Black Widow or where Loki will end up etc.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• flopternals
              what's going on?

Comment

• Ugh, Eternals looks so epic!!

Soon every known actor has been somehow part of MCU...

Comment

Comment

• After watching that trailer earlier today, i'm so d@mn hyped for the new Spider-Man movie!!! It's going to be amazeballs!!!
                    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-...breaks-records

Comment

• Shang-Chi was so much better than I expected. Fantastic ensemble, engaging plot and some nice cameos.

Comment

• For the time being i'll skip it and i'll watch when it comes out on Disney+. I'm not that keen on this movie, even if it looks fantastic in the trailers.

Does anyone watch "What If...?"?

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                            For the time being i'll skip it and i'll watch when it comes out on Disney+. I'm not that keen on this movie, even if it looks fantastic in the trailers.

How are you not keen on it if you haven't seen it ... yet you think it looks amazing in trailers.

It genuinely surprised me how good it was.

Comment

• I kinda get GreekGeek as I'm the same and wait for the Disney+ release - for now. Maybe I'll change my mind in the next few weeks, depends on its run in the cinema.

My roommate is watching What If and loves it. Haven't seen it yet though, "real life" Marvel stuff >>>

Comment

• I just feel that, with movies, they’re so much better watched at the cinema. More immersive experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                  I just feel that, with movies, they’re so much better watched at the cinema. More immersive experience.
                                  Totally agree with this! However, i don't feel like going to the cinema for this movie...

Comment

• 10/10

my current top 5 MCU movies:
                                    infinity War
                                    Endgame
                                    Winter Soldier
                                    Shang-Chi
                                    The Avengers

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                                      For the time being i'll skip it and i'll watch when it comes out on Disney+. I'm not that keen on this movie, even if it looks fantastic in the trailers.

Shang-Chi should be watched on the big screen because the movie is beautifully edited especially the final action sequence.

Comment

• Shang-Chi was great. I heard a few people say it’s the best debut for a Marvel superhero but I don’t know if it was THAT good.

Comment

Comment

• ^ Hailee Steinfeld is playing his daughter, right? Happy for her to get on the Marvel train as well!

Comment

• Not them trying to make it festive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                                Not them trying to make it festive.
                                                Why? It's nice to have different aesthetics for almost everything they offer to us.

Comment

• I was absolutely blown away by Shang-Chi & The Legend of the Ten Rings.

I'm a big MCU fan and I've seen every new film at the cinema since around 2014. This was the most impressive stand-alone hero film the MCU has produced since Black Panther, in my opinion.

It has heart, solid humour, good pacing, awesome action and stunts, and a great central story for both its hero and its villain. Not to mention, and this is something BP did very well too, the supporting female characters all have backstories, agency and interesting elements.

What Shang-Chi does better than BP is its special effects work, especially in the third act. Holy hell, it is STUNNING to watch.

I'm so happy that we finally have an Asian-led Western blockbuster; I'm even more excited that it is, on its own merits, one of the MCU's better efforts.
                                                  Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                                                  My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                                                  www.rawirijames.com
                                                  #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

• I absolutely loved Shang-Chi. Up there with Black Panther for me in terms of solo MCU movies.

I’m not really feeling the trailer for The Eternals, but I trust Marvel.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X