Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCU: The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
    Were people REALLY expecting an Avengers style spinoff from the name of the show or from the trailers and teasers? Full of action and special effects? Worlds ending and deaths of major characters?
    Quite a few people did, or expected it to a certain extent. Unless you expect everyone to have the same opinion.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

      Quite a few people did, or expected it to a certain extent. Unless you expect everyone to have the same opinion.
      It's a series though, not a movie.
      And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
        I feel like this is exactly the type of show that has replay value. There are so many little Easter eggs hidden in each episode. I love going back and seeing things I missed the first time. If you aren't a comic fan then I get that that might not be a big selling point for rewatchability lol but I love that type of shit
        Agreed. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. The whole concept of the show is so refreshing compared to the same old trope of the MCU movies.

        Comment


        • Its funny that they tried to make this viewer friendly. I love it but you really do need to know her comic history to appreciate so much of the show. Especially in the last 2 episodes
          Uk the only way

          Comment


          • I disagree. I’ve never read a Marvel comic and I’m loving this!

            Comment


            • Me too, it’s not the same as watching a movie without reading the book. Don’t have the time or constitution to read a comic but I am fully appreciating this show, the character interaction, plot and the acting.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
                Its funny that they tried to make this viewer friendly. I love it but you really do need to know her comic history to appreciate so much of the show. Especially in the last 2 episodes
                Although the mcu isn't comic-accurate in so many cases, i think that one can understand and enjoy the tv series WandaVision. Most people do not know what is Agatha Harkness to Wanda or have no idea about the white Vision, but they'll discover a new aspect of the characters and that's fascinating to them; in a way they'll get to know the mcu version of those characters.
                And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

                Comment


                • Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
                  Its funny that they tried to make this viewer friendly. I love it but you really do need to know her comic history to appreciate so much of the show. Especially in the last 2 episodes
                  Not true at all. I’m not a comic book fan but the MCU is completely it’s own beast. Yes there’s loads of Easter eggs for the comic book readers, but every time something or someone new is introduced to the MCU it’s new for the audience watching - they don’t share the same continuity.

                  My understanding, for example, is that in the comic books Magneto is Wanda’s father and Agatha knew Wanda when she was a child - yet evidently the MCU has opted not to go in this direction.

                  I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                  And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                  Kate Bush - Lily

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                    Me too, it’s not the same as watching a movie without reading the book. Don’t have the time or constitution to read a comic but I am fully appreciating this show, the character interaction, plot and the acting.
                    Marvel was founded over 80 years ago. There’s no way I’m reading 80 years worth of comics on the off chance I understand why Wanda’s wearing something red or why Agatha likes killing dogs
                    I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                    And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                    Kate Bush - Lily

                    Comment


                    • is WV ending this week or the next?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                        is WV ending this week or the next?
                        This week I believe.

                        Comment


                        • Yes, final episode this week with a ‘making of’ dropping the week after. Then the week after that we move onto the next MCU Disney+ series, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. I think the plan is for Disney+ to have a new Marvel episode every week for the rest of the year.
                          I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                          And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                          Kate Bush - Lily

                          Comment


                          • I'm guessing Black Widow has been pushed back even further then until cinemas re-open.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                              I'm guessing Black Widow has been pushed back even further then until cinemas re-open.
                              I suppose it has the advantage of being a standalone character film, rather than something that advances the overall story of the MCU in any meaningful way. It’s rather odd they waited until they had killed her off to give her a solo movie, but I’ll take it. I can see it being released in July though as a summer blockbuster and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings being pushed back, which is a shame as I’m really looking forward to them introducing new lead characters into the MCU - Captain Marvel feels like a lifetime ago but is still one of the better MCU movies.
                              I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                              And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                              Kate Bush - Lily

                              Comment


                              • Aw, kinda sad that this is already ending tomorrow. It's been so much fun! Agatha's reveal is probably one of my most favorite Marvel moments ever!

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  Aw, kinda sad that this is already ending tomorrow. It's been so much fun! Agatha's reveal is probably one of my most favorite Marvel moments ever!
                                  Yeah it's been great. While I'm looking forward to Falcon & The Winter Soldier, I feel like it will be much more generic than Wandavision has been.

                                  Comment


                                  • I’m looking forward to Loki more, which they’ve already renewed for a second season.
                                    I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                                    And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                                    Kate Bush - Lily

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                      I’m looking forward to Loki more, which they’ve already renewed for a second season.
                                      I don't get all the Loki character hype personally but Hiddleston does a great job with the role in making us actually root for him (at times).

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Spartan View Post

                                        I don't get all the Loki character hype personally but Hiddleston does a great job with the role in making us actually root for him (at times).
                                        Oh the hype is just silly - I don’t get it either. Same with Benedict Cumberbatch, though he’s a much better actor overall (though the best actor in that age group is easily David Tennant).

                                        I actually saw Tom at the Donmar Wearhouse doing Shakespeare a few years ago and the woman sat next to me was basically hyperventilating when he came onstage. This was before I started watching the MCU so I was there for the Shakespeare but she was there for some sort of sexual gratification I guess
                                        I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                                        And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                                        Kate Bush - Lily

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                                          Oh the hype is just silly - I don’t get it either. Same with Benedict Cumberbatch, though he’s a much better actor overall (though the best actor in that age group is easily David Tennant).

                                          I actually saw Tom at the Donmar Wearhouse doing Shakespeare a few years ago and the woman sat next to me was basically hyperventilating when he came onstage. This was before I started watching the MCU so I was there for the Shakespeare but she was there for some sort of sexual gratification I guess
                                          Whatever floats her boat I guess. Tbh I've been to plays in the West End solely because I found the actor attractive. *cough*RusselTovey*cough*

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Spartan View Post

                                            Whatever floats her boat I guess. Tbh I've been to plays in the West End solely because I found the actor attractive. *cough*RusselTovey*cough*
                                            Thank you for introducing me to his ex.

                                            Anyways, WandaVision is great!

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by jason2379 View Post

                                              Thank you for introducing me to his ex.

                                              Anyways, WandaVision is great!
                                              Did I introduce you? Sounds like something I would do.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Spartan View Post

                                                Whatever floats her boat I guess. Tbh I've been to plays in the West End solely because I found the actor attractive. *cough*RusselTovey*cough*
                                                I think I’ve only seen him in Angels in America. There was so much going on in that play that I still find myself thinking about it, but one my biggest memories of it is thinking ‘oh, his has a nice bum’ when he stripped on stage

                                                I’ve never gone purely because of looks, but that was at least 50% of the reason I went to see Jeremy Jordan at Cadogan Hall a few years ago, and Jake Gyleenhall being sex on legs is at least 90% I have tickets for Sunday in The Park With George.

                                                I did go to a premiere once just to steal Brad from Angelina, but I hadn’t counted on her actually being there and ruining my plans.
                                                I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                                                And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                                                Kate Bush - Lily

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                                                  I think I’ve only seen him in Angels in America. There was so much going on in that play that I still find myself thinking about it, but one my biggest memories of it is thinking ‘oh, his has a nice bum’ when he stripped on stage

                                                  I’ve never gone purely because of looks, but that was at least 50% of the reason I went to see Jeremy Jordan at Cadogan Hall a few years ago, and Jake Gyleenhall being sex on legs is at least 90% I have tickets for Sunday in The Park With George.

                                                  I did go to a premiere once just to steal Brad from Angelina, but I hadn’t counted on her actually being there and ruining my plans.
                                                  I know I'm diverging severely off Wandavision topic but I really need Sunday in the Park with George to still come on in the West End, such a great musical.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Spartan View Post

                                                    I know I'm diverging severely off Wandavision topic but I really need Sunday in the Park with George to still come on in the West End, such a great musical.
                                                    I’m already mad Hello Dolly isn’t happening, so Jake coming to town better still happen. I’m so in love with his Finishing The Hat and I’ve loved him for decades, long before he turned up in the MCU - I hope he’s in phase four somehow (there we go, back on topic )
                                                    I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                                                    And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                                                    Kate Bush - Lily

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X