Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreekGeek
    Legend
    • 23 Sep 2013

Episode 3 is everything! Loved every second of it!
    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• Artoo
      • 01 May 2005

Originally posted by GreekGeek
      Episode 3 is everything! Loved every second of it!
      I’m starting to find it a bit dull - I feel like I’m watching a movie and pausing it for a few days. This feels like it would work better binged.

Loved Sharon being back and honestly, the only real takeaway from the episode was the fact shes either undercover or working for the power broker (probably both). The cameo at the ending went completely over my head as I’ve only seen the MCU movies once, but I get the gist
      I don't need no good advice, I'm already wasted​.

Comment

• Tansike
        Site Supporter
        • 28 Jan 2012

Yeah, I also find this rather dull to be honest. Half is already over and for me, it‘s nowhere near as good as WandaVision.

Not that it‘s bad though. It‘s probably just not for me so far and I‘ll still watch every upcoming episode.

Comment

• Artoo
          • 01 May 2005

Also, who needs an army of super soldiers when Sharon can take on 10 men and come away with just a scratch or two?

Comment

• Spartan
            Moderator and Site Supporter
            • 28 Feb 2009

Honestly I could do without the Flagsmashers, I zone out a bit during their scenes. This was definitely an improvement on the Sharon we've seen before - more characterisation in this episode than in the movies she appeared in.

Nice to see a Wakandan - wasn't sure if we've seen that character before. I only really remember Okoye (she's the best) and Shuri. I don't even remember T'Challa's love interest.

Comment

• SpyVsSpy
              Superstar
              • 16 Feb 2008

So suddenly sharon becomes and edgy super fighter lol I like her better this way but the switch feels so weird.

Comment

• GreekGeek
                Legend
                • 23 Sep 2013

Originally posted by menime123

I’m starting to find it a bit dull - I feel like I’m watching a movie and pausing it for a few days. This feels like it would work better binged.

Loved Sharon being back and honestly, the only real takeaway from the episode was the fact shes either undercover or working for the power broker (probably both). The cameo at the ending went completely over my head as I’ve only seen the MCU movies once, but I get the gist
                I understand how you feel because the show is predictable but i enjoy it more and more because it's funny -at least so far- and full of action. In comparison, i believe that WandaVision is the better show because it has mystery, it is very controversial and emotional.

The girl at the end is Ayo, one of the Dora Milaje. We saw her in "Civil War" for the first time. Iirc, she was quite contentious to Black Widow implying that she could beat her in a fight, but Corvus Claive knocked her out with just one blow when she was protecting the Vision in Infinity War.
                Last edited by GreekGeek; Sat April 3, 2021, 19:21.

Comment

• GreekGeek
                  Legend
                  • 23 Sep 2013

Btw, we have a new trailer for the Black Widow movie:

Comment

• Spartan
                    • 28 Feb 2009

Black Widow looks great and I'm really looking forward to it, but it should've come out five years ago. Yeah, it'll be some nice background to Natasha but, as we know her outcome, it all seems rather "pointless" in a way.

Comment

• Artoo
                      • 01 May 2005

Originally posted by Spartan
                      Black Widow looks great and I'm really looking forward to it, but it should've come out five years ago. Yeah, it'll be some nice background to Natasha but, as we know her outcome, it all seems rather "pointless" in a way.
                      Agreed. Considering it was supposed to be released a year ago and they’ve already explored the ‘Russian agent academy for kids’ in Agent Carter, I’m not sure what the point is.

I’m very glad to have it, but it feels like fan service and an excuse for Natasha to kick some asses more than it being plot driven - unless the plan is to somehow have an alternative Natasha appear once the multiverse arrives and this is a way of keeping Scarlett around in the interim. To be fair, I think I’d have preferred a Black Widow Disney+ series.

I’m actually sat re-watching Iron Man 2 and I forgot she was in this. It’s funny watching a movie about the military wanting to own and weaponise Iron Man, now knowing all the back history around the super soldier stuff from Captain America, Bucky’s storyline across movies and now from TFATWS.

Honestly, it feels like I’m watching a movie about a bunch of dicks antagonising the new dick on the block because his toys are better than theirs. Also I hadn’t really realised before, but Iron Man is basically everything the military wanted to achieve with Captain America, with Vision then being the next incarnation of it.

Comment

• Spartan
                        • 28 Feb 2009

Iron Man movies are, as a whole, the worst out of the franchise IMO. But I enjoy that they sewed Natasha gradually into the movies throughout the franchise and that she gradually became the leader of Avengers and the one to hold it all together during the blip.

Comment

• Jason2379
                          Legend
                          • 09 Nov 2005

Episode 3 was the ‘best’ so far but it’s still really quite bland for me.

I agree with Black Widow being 5 years too late. I’m not quite sure what the point of it is now.

Comment

• HouseTargaryen
                            Legend
                            • 27 Jan 2008

Black Widow baby!!!

I'm so ready for this movie. I've been waiting years for this.

Comment

• BehindBreakaway
                              Superstar
                              • 01 Nov 2016

Yeah I'm also looking forward to black widow. Yes it should have been released years ago, but in still super hyped for it!

I agree. I'm also not loving the Falcon and Winter Soldier as much as Wandavision, but there's still enough going on to keep me interested and wanting more. However. We are already half way through and it feels like the story has barely started.
                              Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                              'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• Artoo
                                • 01 May 2005

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway
                                I agree. I'm also not loving the Falcon and Winter Soldier as much as Wandavision, but there's still enough going on to keep me interested and wanting more. However. We are already half way through and it feels like the story has barely started.
                                This is exactly why I feel like I’m watching a movie and I’ve paused it after 40 minutes, and why it’s probably a binge worthy series.

I doubt they will, but I’m pretty sure both WandaVision and TFATWS could be edited into 2 hour movies - you can see what’s superfluous in TFATWS easily enough (the therapy stuff, the boat drama etc) and WandaVision I’m pretty sure could quite easily get a ‘Monica Cut’.

Comment

• GreekGeek
                                  Legend
                                  • 23 Sep 2013

Am i the only one loving this Marvel overload lately?

Comment

• Rawiri James
                                    Legend
                                    • 27 Dec 2001

Originally posted by Spartan
                                    Couldn't agree more.

I really enjoyed Black Widow in the MCU but I was one of the people who thought the decision to kill her off in Endgame made a lot of sense, and did justice to her story. To ask an audience to invest in a character in their own standalone movie when they've just dispensed with them, is beyond BS in my book.

"Yeah, but it's prequel," people keep telling me. So what? It's overdue and the reality is, the investment in the character is warped from the opening seconds because regardless of how Marvel interweave the other characters and plotlines, the reason for the whole movie's existence is moot.
                                    Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                                    My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                                    www.rawirijames.com
                                    #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

• Artoo
                                      • 01 May 2005

Originally posted by Rawiri James

"Yeah, but it's prequel," people keep telling me. So what? It's overdue and the reality is, the investment in the character is warped from the opening seconds because regardless of how Marvel interweave the other characters and plotlines, the reason for the whole movie's existence is moot.
                                      I think that’s potentially a little short sighted - using this logic, no one would ever make a biopic movie and yet Hollywood is full of them. Bohemian Rhapsody’s lead character died 30 years before the movie was made and still grossed $1b+ at the box office.

Then there’s adaptation movies where people already know the ending because they’ve read the books or seen the original movies - knowing a character is going to die by the end doesn’t distract from their journey nor the story.

Because that’s what matters - the story is king. In many ways Natasha is a blank canvas and despite her death, we have no idea how the story may bleed into others - there might be unknown links that setup something the MCU has already shown, or maybe it sets up something that will become important in future MCU properties.

Look at The Hobbit trilogy and how that sets up and compliments The Lord of The Rings, Star Wars Episodes I - III, or even something like Monsters University - collectively we’re talking about 7 prequel movies that grossed over $6b at the box office.

Personally I think Gamora is the real problem in the MCU. The Gamora the audience knows and built a relationship with is dead and gone, yet replaced with a time travelling version of her - essentially a reboot of the character. I find that very shaky ground to be on.

And because I’m talking about problems, I have a real issue with Captain America’s ending - the MCU has Peggy Carter growing old and having kids, presumably with Steve. So there’s kids/grandkids with super soldier blood running around? I don’t believe Peggy nor Steve would have let that happen.

Comment

• Spartan
                                        • 28 Feb 2009

I always assumed FakeGamora disappear when Tony did Snap 2.0. I didn’t mind Gamora dying, as sad as it was. Also the character growth for Nebula was some of the best IMO, I was hoping she’d be the one to kill Thanos tbh.

O/T: Credit to Zoe Saldana for featuring in the two highest grossing movies of all-time.

Comment

• Rawiri James
                                          Legend
                                          • 27 Dec 2001

Originally posted by menime123

I think that’s potentially a little short sighted - using this logic, no one would ever make a biopic movie and yet Hollywood is full of them. Bohemian Rhapsody’s lead character died 30 years before the movie was made and still grossed $1b+ at the box office.

Then there’s adaptation movies where people already know the ending because they’ve read the books or seen the original movies - knowing a character is going to die by the end doesn’t distract from their journey nor the story.

Because that’s what matters - the story is king. In many ways Natasha is a blank canvas and despite her death, we have no idea how the story may bleed into others - there might be unknown links that setup something the MCU has already shown, or maybe it sets up something that will become important in future MCU properties.

Look at The Hobbit trilogy and how that sets up and compliments The Lord of The Rings, Star Wars Episodes I - III, or even something like Monsters University - collectively we’re talking about 7 prequel movies that grossed over $6b at the box office.

Personally I think Gamora is the real problem in the MCU. The Gamora the audience knows and built a relationship with is dead and gone, yet replaced with a time travelling version of her - essentially a reboot of the character. I find that very shaky ground to be on.

And because I’m talking about problems, I have a real issue with Captain America’s ending - the MCU has Peggy Carter growing old and having kids, presumably with Steve. So there’s kids/grandkids with super soldier blood running around? I don’t believe Peggy nor Steve would have let that happen.
                                          All good points, and I know not everyone shares my view about the Black Widow situation.

I don't think biopics are reasonable comparisons in this sense. Marvel chose to write her off, this is a very different thing to capturing the story of somebody whose passed, because you haven't invested in a character through multiple films in the same way. Nor was the death of the person a choice.

I take your point about adaptations etc. I can't think of an instance where a spin off/standalone film was created for a character whose just died in the greater story universe. And if there is, I doubt it came out within a couple of years of the death.

Undoubtedly the MCU will reveal new info about Natasha that will have impact on the MCU at large. I expect that, and we should have some 'aha' moments in terms of understanding her better. My comment comes from the scope of that learning - any revelation can only inform the character in the past, never in the future, and I guess this is where the scope of 'aha' is limited.

Nothing wrong with a prequel at all, but again, I can't think of an instance where the lead character was dead in the ongoing, main story.

Right about Gamora - why invest in this character? We liked a different version of Gamora! This will be similar I guess to Loki. One of the downsides to using time travel.

Interesting take on Cap and Peggy. Hadn't thought of this. Story-wise either they didn't have children or the children were raised in secret..
                                          Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                                          My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                                          www.rawirijames.com
                                          #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

Working...