Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Marvel Universe Thread (contains spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merci
    Originally posted by AussiePopStar8
    GotG Marvels "surprise" hit!!!
    it's far from a surprise, it's Marvel/Disney, they can do no wrong at the moment, plus it's probably the most marketed movie this year
    I seen about 5 seconds worth of trailer on television, no posters, no ads, no nothing. The only reason I knew this film was coming out was from a fellow Marvel fan.

Comment

loved gotg. the footloose bit was hilarious!

Comment

Going to see this now.

Comment

Guardians of the Galaxy Is Now the Highest-Grossing Movie of the Year

Domestic: $262,142,000 51.7%
          + Foreign: $245,300,000 48.3%

= Worldwide: $507,442,000

Comment

Originally posted by ferrero
            Guardians of the Galaxy Is Now the Highest-Grossing Movie of the Year

Domestic: $262,142,000 51.7%
            + Foreign: $245,300,000 48.3%

= Worldwide: $507,442,000
            In the US maybe, worldwide no!
            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Teaser Trailer (OFFICIAL)
              "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT WAIT
                Originally posted by Thriller
                Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

Time for you to change the thread title!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
                    Lemme stan for GotG for another month.

Comment

Originally posted by kushi
                      Lemme stan for GotG for another month.
                      Okay, we still have 6 months to wait anyway.

Comment

Benedict Cumberbatch is Doctor Strange!

Comment

Benedict Cumberbatch is Doctor Strange!
                          Good if not a bit of an obvious choice.

Comment

Rumours about the Civil War storyline to be introduced into the Marvel Universe continue. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige says to not expect the same Avengers lineup after Avengers: Age of Ultron.

"The Old Order Changeth!" Stan Lee famously set as the title for "The Avengers" #16 (a nod to Alfred Tennyson's "Morte d'Arthur"). That issue, which hit the stands in 1965, offered the first roster shift for Marvel's mighty superhero team. Now, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige confirms to BuzzFeed that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is likely to follow suite in the wake of next summer's Avengers: Age of Ultron.

"It's like as it was in publishing," Feige tells the outlet, "when each of the characters would go on their own adventures and then occasionally team up for a big, 12-issue mega-event. Then they would go back into their own comics, and be changed from whatever that event was. I envision the same thing occurring after this movie, because the [Avengers] roster is altered by the finale of this film.”

In the original comics, the founding members of The Avengers included Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp and Hulk. Hulk quit during the second issue and Captain America joined in issue four, but the significant shakeup that happened in issue 16 saw Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man (Giant-Man by then) and Wasp leave the team, making room for Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to continue alongside Captain America.

"It has to be this way" Iron Man says in that very issue. "The ranks of the Avengers will always need replenishing! The old must ever give way to the new!"

Of course, that original storyline sees relatively amicable departures for everyone involved. After last week's epic trailer, it's probably a safe bet that that's not going to be the case on the big screen!

Comment

Benedict Cumberbatch, the star of "Sherlock," The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and the upcoming The Imitation Game, has, according to Deadline, taken the leading role in Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange!

Doctor Strange is based on the character created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, who made his first appearance in 1963's "Strange Tales" #110. It follows the adventures of Stephen Strange (nodded at in this year's Captain America: The Winter Soldier), a brilliant neurosurgeon who, following a car accident, loses precision in his hands. His quest to regain his former skills sets Strange on a path to become the "Master of the Mystic Arts."

Although no official release date has been set for the film, the time table for production would lead one to believe that Doctor Strange will land on the July 8, 2016 release date that Marvel has already bookmarked for a theatrical release.

Comment

Marvel are making an announcement at the El Capitan Theatre, Los Angeles today.

Sources say that it's to announce The Pink Print has officially been pushed back to December, but idk.

Comment

If there going to pursue the Civil War storyline then Iron Man and Captain America have to stay, surely.

I heard that there in talks with a deal to include Spiderman in a future film as well, which must be the Civil War storyline. Be cool if they did the same with the Fantastic Four.
                                  Classics VS Future Classics Survivor

Winner

Comment

Phase 3 announced:

Comment

I'm so excited for all of them (except Inhumans).

Comment

poor DC
                                        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

The films in chronological order:

Also, Black Panther is going to be played by Chadwick Boseman (42). Here is some concept art:

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Watch before its deleted. Scene from Age of Ultron between Cap and Tony.

Comment

Glad The Avengers goes for a more darker tone. The first one was way too light in my opinion. Interesting to see that Cap and Iron Man will fight each other in Cap 3.

I'm not really into the whole Marvel comic thing. But the progression is really nice in the cinematic world. Looking forward to all of these movies.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see who turns against Iron Man after Age of Ultron. I know I'll be on Cap's side.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see who turns against Iron Man after Age of Ultron. I know I'll be on Cap's side.
                                                  The vibe I get from Age of Ultron is that everyone 'blames' Tony Stark for creating the monster that turns out to be Ultron. I'm certainly Team Cap, especially considering what a turd of a film Iron Man 3 was.

I also want Marvel to announce an E! Fashion Police special with Taneleer Tivan, Giuliana Rancic & Kelly Osbourne.

Comment

From the clip between Cap and Tony:

Tony: Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?
                                                    Steve: Sometimes my teammates don't tell me things. Kinda hoping Thor would be the exception.
                                                    Tony: Yeah, give him time. We don't know what the Maximoff kids showed him.
                                                    Steve: I don't know what she showed you, I just know it made you do something stupid. Earth's Mightest Heroes. Pulled us apart like cotton candy.
                                                    Tony: Seems like you walked away all right.
                                                    Steve: Is that a problem?
                                                    Tony: I don't trust a guy without a dark side. Call me old fashioned.
                                                    Steve: Well let's just say you haven't seen it yet.
                                                    Tony: Banner and I were doing research...
                                                    Steve: That would affect the team...
                                                    Tony: ...that would end the team! Isn't that the mission, isn't that the "Why we fight?" So we can end the fight, so we can go home?
                                                    Steve: Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time..?

Comment

The vibe I get from Age of Ultron is that everyone 'blames' Tony Stark for creating the monster that turns out to be Ultron. I'm certainly Team Cap, especially considering what a turd of a film Iron Man 3 was.
                                                      He does create Ultron so it's pretty much his fault and I don't think he'll get away with it. It'll be interesting to see if they dare make Tony Stark a villain in future films.

Comment

Well there are a few interviews going around stating the by the end of "AOU" The Avengers will be a different team.
                                                        I'm guessing they're factoring in that they may not have Robert Downey Jr forever and the other heavy hitters like Thor and Cap either have their own film series or their contract only locks them in for a certain ammount of films.
                                                        Adding Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to the mix is a start but with the universe expanding more and more in the next few years you never know who'll be Assembeling in upcoming films.
                                                        Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Comment

Yeah that's what Kevin Feige said:

Kevin Feige has hinted that we are going to see an 'altered' Avengers line-up by the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The first trailer for Age of Ultron dropped earlier this week, and it promises to push our heroes further than ever before.

And with the inclusion of some new faces, the team is going to look very different by the time the credits rolls on Age of Ultron.

Speaking to BuzzFeed, Feige said: "The Avengers films, ideally, in the grand plan are always big, giant linchpins.

"It's like as it was in publishing, when each of the characters would go on their own adventures and then occasionally team up for a big, 12-issue mega-event. Then they would go back into their own comics, and be changed from whatever that event was.

"I envision the same thing occurring after this movie, because the [Avengers] roster is altered by the finale of this film."
                                                          I'm reading the Civil War comic at the moment.

Comment

Daniel Bruhl (Rush, Inglourious Basterds) has been cast as the villain in Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War.

Marvel announced the casting, with Deadline following up that the actor is playing the villain in the film. The site adds that in addition to Chris Evans and Robert Downey, Jr. starring in the project as Cap and Iron Man respectively, and Chadwick Boseman making his debut as Black Panther, Sebastian Stan, Samuel L. Jackson, and Scarlett Johansson are all expected to reprise their roles as well.

“With Daniel's ability to deliver intense, nuanced performances, we knew we had found yet another great actor to share the screen with some of our biggest heroes,” said producer Kevin Feige.

Now the questions is, which villain is Bruhl playing…?
                                                            Is Red Skull returning to the Captain America franchise?

I've also watched GotG again. I love the videos on youTube of Bradley Cooper recording the voice of Rocket which will be on the DVD/Blu Ray.

I also want to do naughty naughty things to Lee Pace, but also Brad of UKMIX.

Comment

I really hope Marvel & Disney push for Ophelia Lovibond's portrayal of Carina in GotG to be nominated during awards season.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X