Only Murders in the Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Murders in the Building

From the minds of Steve Martin, Dan Fogelman & John Hoffman comes a comedic murder-mystery series for the ages. Only Murders in the Building follows three strangers (Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez) who share an obsession with true crime and suddenly find themselves wrapped up in one. When a grisly death occurs inside their exclusive Upper West Side apartment building, the trio suspects murder and employs their precise knowledge of true crime to investigate the truth. As they record a podcast of their own to document the case, the three unravel the complex secrets of the building which stretch back years. Perhaps even more explosive are the lies they tell one another. Soon, the endangered trio comes to realize a killer might be living amongst them as they race to decipher the mounting clues before it’s too late.
    https://www.hulu.com/series/only-mur...50ddf?dl=false

Trailer:

The first three episodes of the critically acclaimed comedy show will be released tonight on Hulu in the US and on Disney+ outside of the US. It's certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and currently has a score of 74 on Metacritic based on 19 reviews.

I'm SO excited.
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue August 31, 2021, 11:44.
    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

I’ll check this out.

Comment

Just watched the first two episodes (because the third one isn’t available on Disney+ for some reason?) and yup this is gonna be my new obsession. The dead cat and my father has ALS scenes made me laugh so hard.

Selena was ACTING ACTING in episode two. And she’s so cute in every scene ugh.
      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Watched the first 3 episodes, great to have Steve Martin and Martin Short in a good show together, for someone who isn't obsessed with Selena Gomez and doesn't see her through Rose Coloured Glasses, Selena is . . . ok, her acting ability is at least better than her singing ability. This is definitely gonna be a must watch!

Comment

Yes. :,)

Episode 3 will come out next week here.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Over 948k households watched the show's premiere in the US during its first week.

Comment

Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu September 9, 2021, 00:23.

Comment

Very entertaining !

Comment

I keep reading this as Olly Murs in the Building.
                      I don’t need dollar bills to have fun tonight… cheapthrills is paying $$$

Comment

I personally think Selena is so stiff in this show. The 3 of them dont click. I dont feel any chemistry. If this show wasnt about murder mystery, I wouldnt watch it.

Comment

Renewed for season 2 yaaay! And we're only halfway through the first season.

Comment

I find this a bit lackluster

Comment

Originally posted by Bney? View Post
                              I personally think Selena is so stiff in this show. The 3 of them dont click. I dont feel any chemistry. If this show wasnt about murder mystery, I wouldnt watch it.
                              I would hope Steve Martin & Martin Short "click" seeing as they have been friends for 35+ years.

The problem with this show is Selena, I am enjoying it but yes, she is very stiff and lifeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

I would hope Steve Martin & Martin Short "click" seeing as they have been friends for 35+ years.

The problem with this show is Selena, I am enjoying it but yes, she is very stiff and lifeless.
                                Steve and Martin are fine. They did good.

I wonder what Selena was dealing with in her personal life that affect her acting in the show because she was normally not bad in other projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Bney? View Post

Steve and Martin are fine. They did good.

I wonder what Selena was dealing with in her personal life that affect her acting in the show because she was normally not bad in other projects.
                                  This is the first time she’s had to show any range in her acting, that’s the problem.

Comment

It’s not surprising that UKMIX is the one place where Selena's acting is being criticized. Who could’ve seen that coming lol.

Anyway episode 4 came out last night and it was easily the best and funniest episode so far. Probably also because Tina Fey was involved and I think that woman is a comedy legend and that entire scene in her office was hilarious. The Sting scene and the date were funny as well and the end of the episode was great because I've been waiting for Charles and Oliver to find out about Mabel.

I don’t understand why Disney+ is one episode behind Hulu btw.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                      X