Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars 7 (Winners Season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I for sure thought she looked like Dolly.

I agree Yvie having 2 stars (underserved) is kind of a joke. I don't feel like she was top this week. I didn't get the judges comments when they said she looked like a pop star. I'm almost certain they've never seen a pop star before if that's what they think they look like...

Also. Why does Monet insist on wearing outfits like that during challenges. She's puts no effort in.
    Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
    'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• The Vivienne is growing on me each week - super talented.
      I thought she deserved that top two spot.
      Surprised a bit at Yvie's top two... but she was so ridiculous in every component that it was actually quite entertaining.

I thought Monet and Jaida both did well enough to deserve a top two placement, especially Monet. This is her kinda challenge!

Shea was right in her confessional that she is afraid to be flying under the radar. Though I thought she did well this episode (save for that runway - oooof).

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• [
        Last edited by Plym; Sun June 19, 2022, 00:50.
        what's going on?

Comment

• Delrte
          what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
            Delrte
            Are you ok? Do you need assistance
            Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
            'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• I was shocked Jaida was not top 2 this week. I loved the entire second group, though (Jinx is just brilliant! So hilarious; and so is Viv).

Shea was not that great IMO, Money and Trinity did much better. I also loved Raja’s look.

the runway was fun! Jinx killed me with her walk, I loved it!
              Last edited by mattsky; Sun June 19, 2022, 02:49.
              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• I honestly thought this was a super fun episode and both songs are awesome Surprised they're not liked by most of you guys, IMO it's way better than Legends for sure but also better than many other RPDR songs.

Poor Vivienne being yet another queen who wins yet was blocked. Her and Yvie's win was justified IMO, they both did well and Vivienne slayed that Dolly runway and that lipsync, woah! Even though Yvie is so out of the box with everything she does... she's still kinda samey for me lately. But at least that pulled through in the actual challenge and her runway was pretty good, too.

There were also ways to justify a Shea / Monét win this week but with the stories of teaming up etc. it was clear from the start which team will have the winners. Also, Shea's runway was easily the worst this week (just adding up to my thoughts that she's an overrated runway queen, for me personally at least). Raja and Trinity had great runways, but not the best (though still fun) verses in the challenge. Jinkx was fun in both... and then there was Jaida. I was surprised they didn't even mention her during deliberations? Her verse was so much fun, she also performed so well, plus her runway was good, too. But I imagine they couldn't give her a third star and make her the frontrunner?

Comment

• Happy insta wednesday!

#1 (=) Shea Couleé - 1,529,824 (+4,151; *)
                  #2 (=) Jinkx Monsoon - 1,410,865 (+11,845; **)
                  #3 (=) Trinity The Tuck - 1,302,563 (+4,133; *)
                  #4 (=) Yvie Oddly - 1,153,207 (+4,116; **)
                  #5 (=) Monét X Change - 1,132,713 (+4,421; *)
                  #6 (=) Raja - 1,101,809 (+8,969; *)
                  #7 (=) Jaida Essence Hall - 891,663 (+4,034; **)
                  #8 (=) The Vivienne - 512,374 (+8,931; *)

Compared to one week ago.

Overall I think the least impactful episode of the season so far, with just one queen gaining over 10k new followers this week: Jinkx Monsoon, with over 11,8k. This obviously gives her the biggest update of the week despite not being one of the top performers in the actual challenge. She also takes that title back from Raja, who owned the biggest increases for the past two weeks, and has the second biggest increase with over 8,9k new followers this time.

Very close to Raja's number is The Vivienne, who also gets over 8,9k new fans this week with the third biggest increase.

Jaida remains incredibly underrated in these rankings... even though I feel like the fan reception has been awesome, she only has 4k new followers this week. Same applies for Yvie, who gains less followers than last week with 4,1k, despite being one of the two challenge winners.

There are some new milestones with Jinkx passing the 1,4m mark, Trinity passing the 1,3m and Raja passing the 1,1m marks.

Comment

• I'm really shocked at how badly Viv is doing in these insta rankings.
                    As the only UK queen on the US show and also after winning a series which wasn't *as* covered as the later UK ones, I expected challenge wins or heavily focused episodes to at least pull in 20k followers.

Jaida, I can actually understand getting low amounts of followers because she won so recently and then wasn't really able to do any promo other than online which (for the online community) may have seemed in your face (without any performances or tv to back it up).

I think perhaps next year (unless Instagram gets its faulty algorithim and useless features together and we get DR back on a Netflix type level) we're gonna have to rely more on TikTok rankings/followers...I cringe as I type that.
                    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• ^ I don't even have TikTok A thing that makes me realize that I'm not young anymore because even though several close people have it, I often get annoyed when I are browsing through it...

Anyways... Jaida... yes she's recent but she's also having the least amount of followers for all winners up to her point, which is why I expected a bigger boost for her. She's also soooo light hearted this time which is awesome to see. Well, at least Raja & Jinkx are benefitting a lot from this.

Comment

• So glad Shea didn’t win. She is so one-note in these challenges - which is being super serious and professional. She’s obviously a very good performer and has more experience than others, but that isn’t fun for me to watch on this type of show. I enjoyed watching Raja more because it felt like a drag queen doing something challenging and having fun with it, rather than watching some wannabe pop star go for the audition of their life.

and her verses across her entire run are sounding the same now, with that little fast rap thing she usually does in the middle.

I’ve really gone off her this season, she just needs to relax. She’s got the talent but she’s losing the CUN in my opinion.

Comment

• This episode was a little uneventful after their rehearsal, so I'm not surprised by the lacking of a better new followers update. Still, interesting to see The Viv so close to be the second this week.

P.S.: It just occurred to me now that this episode was the first one where Jinkx didn't win anything. From ep 1 to 5 she either won the maxi challenge or the mini challenge. So it was good to see her back at #1 on this week's update.

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post
                            So glad Shea didn’t win. She is so one-note in these challenges - which is being super serious and professional. She’s obviously a very good performer and has more experience than others, but that isn’t fun for me to watch on this type of show. I enjoyed watching Raja more because it felt like a drag queen doing something challenging and having fun with it, rather than watching some wannabe pop star go for the audition of their life.

and her verses across her entire run are sounding the same now, with that little fast rap thing she usually does in the middle.

I’ve really gone off her this season, she just needs to relax. She’s got the talent but she’s losing the CUN in my opinion.
                            I totally agree!

Comment

• People are clearly not connecting with Jaida, i never liked her tbh. I don't dislike her and i do think she has some talent but overall she's the least likeable queen this season.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                People are clearly not connecting with Jaida, i never liked her tbh. I don't dislike her and i do think she has some talent but overall she's the least likeable queen this season.
                                That's interesting! IMO Jaida is one of the most likable queens. I am not connecting with Yvie and Shea, though. I like them on their seasons but they both irritate me on AS, especially Yvie. While Monet is clearly the weakest link, I find her likable.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post

That's interesting! IMO Jaida is one of the most likable queens. I am not connecting with Yvie and Shea, though. I like them on their seasons but they both irritate me on AS, especially Yvie. While Monet is clearly the weakest link, I find her likable.
                                  Haha same

Honestly for me Jinkx & Jaida are the most likeable this season, followed by Vivienne & Trinity (two surprises for me!!).

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                    People are clearly not connecting with Jaida, i never liked her tbh. I don't dislike her and i do think she has some talent but overall she's the least likeable queen this season.
                                    um, it's the exact opposite. jaida is the MOST likeable...
                                    what's going on?

Comment

• If I'm watching this flat, I find Viv the least likeable. At first she was humble but now she's started to throw 'tantrums'. Yet as I knew her, I know she can be b*tchy when people downplay her talent or she feels it isn't seen.
                                      Monet is a great host, and I find her funny but I don't think of her as a great queen, I don't know why tbh.
                                      Trinity is hilarious to me yet I don't think in lipsyncs or challenges based around dance/music, (which so much seem to be about) she does well.
                                      Jinkx is the revelation to me, I didn't really notice her much in her series or think about her much afterwards yet she has been consistently hilarious, almost superfluous to the show. She can't dance or lipsync 'DR traditionally' but her comedy and humour transcends that for me.
                                      Shea I love and she is my favourite yet as someone said above, it's like she's at the first audition when she needs to relax into her talent.
                                      Yvie actually does my head in but I like her all the same, I just don't think her drag is elevated (even as an alternative queen)
                                      Like Jinkx, Raja is a revelation to me, many of us didn't think she'd be able to 'keep up' but she's doing great, is hilarious and beautiful and an elevated of odd/fashion that Yvie lacks right now.

Jaida, I love and have since day 1. I don't think she's the most polished or sure of herself but she is funny, can dance, looks beautiful in drag and has the total package IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
                                        Monet is a great host, and I find her funny but I don't think of her as a great queen, I don't know why tbh.
                                        totally agree with you about monet, i think she just wants it TOO much and it's a bit off putting.
                                        for some of the others, challenges come effortlessly like fashion or comedy but i don't think they do with Monet.
                                        plus, her lipsyncs in the all stars were dreadful, valentina and naomi ran rings around her and i was shocked she won
                                        what's going on?

Comment

• In terms of how I feel about them right now in the context of this season…

1. Jinkx
                                          2. The Vivienne
                                          3. Jaida
                                          4. Raja
                                          5. Trinity
                                          6. Shea
                                          7. Monet
                                          8. Yvie

Comment

• I’ve never been able to connect with Jaida since her Untucked argument with Aiden. She bullied her in that. From that moment I didn’t really like her (but cannot deny her talent)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason2379 View Post
                                              I’ve never been able to connect with Jaida since her Untucked argument with Aiden. She bullied her in that. From that moment I didn’t really like her (but cannot deny her talent)
                                              I cannot for the life of me remember that. Was it still on Netflix then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason2379 View Post
                                                I’ve never been able to connect with Jaida since her Untucked argument with Aiden. She bullied her in that. From that moment I didn’t really like her (but cannot deny her talent)
                                                I don't remember the reason, it could be for this moment you pointed as well, but I didn't like Jaida at first on S12 either. But something changed midway point because at the end I was rooting for her so hard, it was not even cute. But this time around her editing has changed so much cause they show us more of her goofy, funny side, and I'm living for her all over again. She's currently my second favorite queen to watch, after Jinkx. And when they are both together is peak television!

Comment

• My personal ranking:

1. Jinkx
                                                  2. Raja
                                                  3. Trinity
                                                  4. Jaida
                                                  5. The Vivienne
                                                  6. Monet
                                                  7. Shea
                                                  8. Yvie

Comment

• I just don’t understand why Viv didn’t do Kim Woodburn for Snatch Game. So many one-liners she could have used.

And she does a Mrs. Doubtfire impression in this week’s opening scene. Would have been a great character

Comment

Working...
                                                    X