Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - 14th May, Turin, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post
    Umm... wow, definitely was not expecting those 10.

I'm super surprised that Latvia didn't get through.
    Yeah I really expected Latvia to qualify too.
    "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• Sad for Austria and Albania...and Croatia too.

Comment

• Pretty happy with the results! My faves made it!

Comment

• Albania was THE song, wtf is wrong with people. It's like when Mata Hari (Azerbaijan) only finished 20th place on last year's Final. Doesn't make any sense.
          Find me here:
          https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
          https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• Originally posted by jordi_89 View Post
            Albania was THE song, wtf is wrong with people. It's like when Mata Hari (Azerbaijan) only finished 20th place on last year's Final. Doesn't make any sense.
            Being the first performance, her vocals and the showing that part for the recap definitely didn‘t help them. A shame really.

Comment

• Originally posted by jordi_89 View Post
              Albania was THE song, wtf is wrong with people. It's like when Mata Hari (Azerbaijan) only finished 20th place on last year's Final. Doesn't make any sense.
              The performance was all over the place, her singing was well not good at times and the song just wasn’t it in my opinion. I felt like the whole package in the end turned out to be a little mess.

Comment

• sorry I luh you Switzerland + you were doing great lately, but there's absolutely no way we needed that song in the final. WTF, I still can't believe it

Happy for Iceland even though I've never ever expected it, however I do understand why many find it boring. Yay for Netherlands, Portugal, Armenia
                Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus lā, baby

Comment

• I'm not too much this year but Croatia and Austria out? it's not okay!

Comment

• Did anyone expected Croatia to go to the finals?

Anyways what a BAD semi this was… awful camera angles, boring songs, bad hosts… ugh
                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
                      sorry I luh you Switzerland + you were doing great lately, but there's absolutely no way we needed that song in the final. WTF, I still can't believe it

Happy for Iceland even though I've never ever expected it, however I do understand why many find it boring. Yay for Netherlands, Portugal, Armenia
                      I kinda agree with Switzerland but honestly I‘m still super happy of course… Swiss people are always soooo negative towards the contest so I‘m glad we didn‘t go back to flopping again.

Comment

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post

The performance was all over the place, her singing was well not good at times and the song just wasn’t it in my opinion. I felt like the whole package in the end turned out to be a little mess.
                        I disagree. There were a couple times where her vocals weren't excellent, sure. But she had the energy and charisma needed for a competition like this. The first 3 to qualify definitely didn't do better in my opinion. :/
                        Find me here:

Comment

• Goad Armenia and Norway got into the finals, sad for Latvia.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I don’t remember exactly but there was a bit of a backlash when she was bookies favourite, there was claims that Malta were trying to rig the bookmakers odds or something like that, fans kept down voting her song on YouTube, online polls etc
                            That seemed kinda obvious with the amount of points they got from the juries. But it's not surprising. Lots of countries want to win (specially those that haven't won yet), you do what you have to do.
                            Find me here:

Comment

• Pretty boring semifinal yet I'm very pleased with the results. I wouldn' t vote for Lithuania, Armenia and Iceland but there weren't better choices tbh.

Ranking:

Greece>Moldova>Ukraine>Netherlands>Norway>Portugal>Switzerland>Lithuania>Armenia>Iceland

PS. Albania was rightfully eliminated. The song maybe deserved it but the performance was a sloppy mess☠️.
                              Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• I have to say I was hugely disappointed tonight. There was just something lacking. The energy was just not there and the whole thing seemed quite amateur, bad camera work, terrible staging, the sound was not good, a lot of the energy seemed zapped from the performances especially Bulgaria, Norway and Moldova which should have lifted the mood.

I felt bad for Albania because it is my favourite of the 40 songs going into this week, but the staging just wasn't right for it. The other 2 I felt bad for were Croatia and Denmark, because although they weren't two of the ones I thought would qualify, I thought they gave two of the most polished performances of the night.

The ones that really surprised me were Portugal and Iceland, two songs I hadn't got on board with, but really enjoyed both tonight. Where as the other two I haven't understood the hype for, Greece and Netherlands, I have to say I still didn't get why they're so popular.

I really hope the second semi is better, I look forward to seeing Poland, Serbia and Sweden on the stage.
                                1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

• Also annoyed that they blocked the youtube feed in the UK as I can't get on with Scott & Rylan chatting crap over everything, also I believe that may be the reason the sound was so bad for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                    Also annoyed that they blocked the youtube feed in the UK as I can't get on with Scott & Rylan chatting crap over everything, also I believe that may be the reason the sound was so bad for me.
                                    As if to compound matters, Scott's voice was louder than Rylan's.

Comment

• Moldova went through, I was really surprised.
                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• I’ve watched most of the SF1 qualifiers on YouTube. Netherlands was so emotional, loved it! Greece was fantastic too.

A winner besides Ukraine seems unfathomable at this point tbh.

Albania was quite messy and Ronela struggled to make the choreo look natural. How disappointing
                                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• When I woke up today, I had Moldova stuck in my head

Comment

• iTunes, Spotify and Apple Music positions for the 1st Semi Finalists: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10892998

Looking at these, I think Austria would've qualified for sure if it was just for the televote.

Ukraine being the clear frontrunner. But Netherlands looks to be a clear second.

Norway and Portugal doing really well, too!

Switzerland also doing better than I thought.

Bulgaria, Croatia and Slovenia probably being bottom 3 (at least with the public)

Comment

• I found the source that says Switzerland had 0 points on televote, and Ukraine winning both jury and televoting.
                                              BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                              YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Iīm glad this topic has been so alive last night!

Personally, I predicted 9/10 countries correctly (usually, I do waaaay worse) but honestly, Iīm really deliriously happy about the results.

I had Austria as the 10th qualifier (Switzerland was #11) - thus, Iīm not disappointed that it was the other way round.
                                                My parents loved Switzerland and after 30-40 seconds, my father turned around and said: "What a voice! He will clearly qualify!" - I didnīt believe this would be possible but it seems that there was a surprise.

When it comes to the show, I think that the camera angles have been quite messy and even though I love to see more of Italy (so many hidden gems and underrated travel destinations!), I think that the whole drone conept/animation is incredibly lazy. I was hoping for better postcards - especially since the stage design had been that ambitious.

Speaking of the stage.. the malfunction of the kinetic sun didnīt harm most countries, imo. But letīs wait for semi final 2 because I think that Poland and especially Estonia will be more struggling because they wanted to tell a story via LEDs (forests, the Plains, etc.).

Prior the contest, Albania was my favourite song in this semi but that performance was the worst one of the night, imo. Even though it was quite an energetic opener, I think that I even enjoyed watching Bulgaria and Latvia more. Ronelaīs vocals were too shouty, she looked like a mess in her pyjamas, the performance was a bit too vulgar and the camera angles sucked big time. Also, she came across as very aggressive and such performances never perform well at Eurovision. And let us not forget about the horrible "dried ice" effects/pyros. They made the catchy instrumental part inaudible and that ethno part is crucial to make viewers like the song because they frame the whole brilliant but also VERY CHAOTIC structure of the song.

Btw, most fans concluded that Albania will be in the final no matter what - because they had the best conditions (many diaspora votes, "neighbours" in the semi like Switzerland, Slovenia, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Austria, France etc.). Personally, I think that her non-qualification proves that diaspora votes, friendly votes, sympathy votes donīt play such a big role in Eurovision anymore.

Ukraine had the best package of the night. Thatīs why Iīve become a Eurovision fan: Showcasing a countryīs language, culture whilst being totally authentic and even combining it with contemporary/modern sounds. Also, the staging was incredible - the usage of the LED floor was stunning and I liked the outfits and the colours as well.

Same applies to Moldova - The song itself is definitely way weaker but it was fun to watch. I was not surprised that it qualified - it was a televoting magnet, for sure - especially in a semi with more mid-tempo songs and quite a few ballads.

Iīm very happy that Iceland qualified - absolutely stunning performance. They were able to create a very intimate atmosphere despite the big stage (and the malfunction/dead sun). Personally, I think it was the best performance of the night (tied with Ukraine and Greece).

Also, I didnīt think that Lithuania was a sure qualifier and thatīs why Iīm deliriously happy it advanced to the final. Her performance was very classy.

Since I read a comment about Croatia,.. itīs a cute, subtle and inoffensive song - in terms of Eurovision, that means "dead upon arrival" - I would have liked to see it in the final since itīs really pleasant to listen to this track and Mia sang it very beautifully but it was obvious that it would never qualify - especially since the performance didnīt suit the song well, imo. The last verse performed in Croatian was a nice twist, though!

I also hope that the stupied and incredibly problematic narrative that "neighbours/Eastern European countries only vote for themselves" narrativ will finally die: 5 Western and 5 Eastern European countries qualified last night. 5 songs from the first half and 5 songs from the second half qualified. 6 countries (partly) singing in their native language qualified.

Eurovision has changed - you canīt win because of diaspora, sympathy, friends anymore.
                                                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• I agree about the parts of ronelas instrumental being inaudible Sven, that sound that comes in 30 seconds from the end is my favourite part, but it was drowned out by whatever was going on as the dancers tried to form a line.

I didn’t think Croatia was dead on arrival since we had songs like Love Is Forever and Loin Dici qualify in recent years.

the song hampered most by camerawork for me was Slovenia as the camera man struggled to keep up round the disco ball, we kept getting shots of elbows and shoulders.

Comment

• Personally, I thin kthat "Love Is Forever" was cuter, more accessible - it was that "straight-into-your-face-kind-of chess". Also it got accompanied by a great and entertaining performance (making use of a big prop, charming costumes).
                                                    Croatia, however, (I really do like the song) was simply forgettable and the songīs melody is kinda subtle and less memorable than "Loin Dīici" which also got a visually stunning performance, imo - All three songs fall into the same category (I agree with you on that one) but both songs are more accessible and "catchier" and were accompanied by great performances.

Honestly, I wouldnīt be shocked if Croatia ended up being Bottom 3 in the televoting.
                                                    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Working...
                                                    X