Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - 14th May, Turin, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    I'm sad about Ireland. Brooke had a really good song this year. It just didn't seem to click with people
    She had no chance. It was forgettable and too teensy.
    ​​​​​​
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

I'm sure she'd be getting a ton of jury points for the big names in the team, all the major label connections, an actual jlo reject song. The thing with the televoters though, would they give more than let's say 100-120 pts? Didn't Chanel get like 3.9% of the televote at the Benidorm final with a much better performance?
      Sorry, but I think you don’t know much about it…

She got that % of the televoting because Tanxugueiras were singing in Galician and, guess you don’t know much about Spanish politics and history, but as it would happen if someone was singing in Catalan, the nationalism was above the music. Benidorm Fest share in Galicia was HUGE. Everybody there were rooting for Tanxus. Even “Ay mama” by Rigoberta, the true favourite of the night and a huge hit in Spain got only 18% of televoting (vs 70% Tanxugueiras).
      So the % she had in Benidorm Fest has absolutely nothing to do with public not liking the song.

In fact I think it’s going to be the other way round… I think she’ll do better with public votes than jury’s votes.

Regarding the “major label connections”… she’s signed to BMG Spain, which is a really small label right now, they’re just getting started (not to be confused with the old BMG, absorbed by Sony Music years ago). And, in fact, she’s the biggest act they have right now. So I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I get it, it’s not your type of song, or your kind of winner… we all have different tastes, but enough with the lame excuses of the reasons she might end up with a good result.
      She’s an amazing artist, with major dance skills, good voice and her performance is, by far, one of the best of the final (even if you dislike the song).

Comment

• They really did Netherlands dirty with that position between Spain and Ukraine, probably the two flashiest entries Hoping it's still enough for a top 5.

Estonia is coming just like Italy 2018 as that top 3-top5 nobody is betting on.
        Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Did not think I would enjoy Romania... but here we are. It's a spritely little number.
          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Another batch of dull songs getting through, at least that awful/amazing Serbia one went through I was mesmerized.

This year's contest is one of the weakest in recent memory for me though, especially after last year's.

Comment

• 2nd Semifinal Performances Videos - ESC YouTube Official Channel

#1 - Serbia - 963k views
              #2 - Spain - 554k
              #3 - Poland - 300k
              #4 - Romania - 223k
              #5 - Cyprus - 213k
              #6 - Finland - 154k
              #7 - Sweden - 141k
              #8 - San Marino - 133k
              #9 - UK - 127k
              #10 - Israel - 125k
              #11 - Czech Republic - 91k
              #12 - Ireland - 89k
              #13 - Azerbaijan - 88k
              #14 - North Macedonia - 85k
              #15 - Australia - 80k
              #16 - Belgium - 79k
              #17 - Estonia - 69k
              #18 - Malta - 63k
              #19 - Germany - 47k
              #20 - Georgia - 45k
              #21 - Montenegro - 37k

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Sorry, but I think you don’t know much about it…

She got that % of the televoting because Tanxugueiras were singing in Galician and, guess you don’t know much about Spanish politics and history, but as it would happen if someone was singing in Catalan, the nationalism was above the music. Benidorm Fest share in Galicia was HUGE. Everybody there were rooting for Tanxus. Even “Ay mama” by Rigoberta, the true favourite of the night and a huge hit in Spain got only 18% of televoting (vs 70% Tanxugueiras).
                So the % she had in Benidorm Fest has absolutely nothing to do with public not liking the song.

In fact I think it’s going to be the other way round… I think she’ll do better with public votes than jury’s votes.

Regarding the “major label connections”… she’s signed to BMG Spain, which is a really small label right now, they’re just getting started (not to be confused with the old BMG, absorbed by Sony Music years ago). And, in fact, she’s the biggest act they have right now. So I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I get it, it’s not your type of song, or your kind of winner… we all have different tastes, but enough with the lame excuses of the reasons she might end up with a good result.
                She’s an amazing artist, with major dance skills, good voice and her performance is, by far, one of the best of the final (even if you dislike the song).
                I know the whole Tanxugueiras subtext, Chanel's televote was not strong in the Benidorm SF either, so that's where my doubt has formed.
                Your description makes BMG Spain look like Sonido Muchacho
                I am actually ok with the song, just not the winner for me imo
                Her team of choreographers and art direction is general is so top notch, I don't think there's a match, juries would recognize those names immediately
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                  Did not think I would enjoy Romania... but here we are. It's a spritely little number.
                  it's infectious, but very 2001.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post
                    Yea they are surely doing well and honestly it's deserved.
                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• I wish Poland would finally win, but this year Serbia has the best song for me.
                      Christina Aguilera / ROSALÍA / Nathy Peluso

Comment

• Romania was most memorable last night, and I was worried for WRS before semi 2.

Serbia was the most hipnotizing.

Poland killed any chance for top 5 with those awful cheap effects and lights. Very disturbing.

I think top 5 might be:
                        Serbia
                        Spain
                        Ukraine
                        Romania and Moldova might suprise, and do better than Norway
                        UK
                        BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                        YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Great to see UK on 22nd…. But they sandwiched it between two other male ballads
                          1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post
                            They really did Netherlands dirty with that position between Spain and Ukraine, probably the two flashiest entries Hoping it's still enough for a top 5.

I really think Estonia will flop. The staging is terrible
                            and the song is just fine. It seems overhyped.

I watched the UK SF performance and wow! They’d really be in for the win if it was any other year.

I don’t think there can be any doubt now that Ukraine will win. They will probably get a historic score in televoting, I can’t see any other outcome
                            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• But if Ukraine wins, where will they host?

Imo Spain & UK deserve it more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                Great to see UK on 22nd…. But they sandwiched it between two other male ballads
                                I think it's good for UK. It's better to perform an uptempo/mid-tempo song between 2 ballads (well, River is not a typical ballad) then having another strong bop around. Anyway, the final part of the show is huuuge (#20-25). Pity there's no Czech Republic in the 2nd half as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
                                  But if Ukraine wins, where will they host?

Imo Spain & UK deserve it more.
                                  I heard that one of the big 5 will host next year, if Ukraine wins. If it's true, then it should take place in the highest ranked country.

Comment

• Originally posted by arab View Post

I heard that one of the big 5 will host next year, if Ukraine wins. If it's true, then it should take place in the highest ranked country.
                                    Please not Italy

Comment

• Brooke is really loved regardless of the result (some countries can't relate)

Comment

• Even though I am not a fan of the song, but Norway storming the televote and winning because of the jury vote being split 5-6 ways is probably the best scenario of this whole mess. It's as ridiculous as the Eurovision itself, might be a viral hit and is going to return us either to the glorious era of early 2000s Eurovision or to the complete disdain for any public vote.

Comment

• Besides one spoiler my mom told me today, I actually was able to avoid social media & all ESC related stuff today... and finally caught up with the 2nd semi...

Finland - I like The Rasmus and the song, but Lauri's vocals were so underwhelming. The stage was great, but don't think they will qualify.

Israel - one of the biggest growers this year for sure, glad the song and Michael get so much love from the crowd & the song works really well on the Eurovision stage! Crossing my fingers for Israel to make it through!

Serbia - another song that works even better on Eurovision stage than just as the song itself. Definitely a standout!

Azerbaijan - a cutie with great vocals and a good song... just not all too memorable, and Australia's got a song with a similar vibe, yet more memorable IMO...

Georgia - staging was really good, but still zero points for me.

Malta - wait, this is somehow giving me Demi Lovato in her Disney time vibes. Very cute and uplifting performance... I don't think the song itself is strong enough to get through to the final, but the performance overall should push it there.

San Marino - basically a copy of what Maneskin did in the last 12 months. I don't get why they seem to get so much love? Among my least favorites in the 2nd semi, but somehow I think San Marino may get their best result of all time with this.

Australia - fantastic vocals and he's super likable, should go through.

Cypurs - ah, my runner-up tonight, though I'm sooo worried about her going through. Fingers crossed, as I love the song... but truth be told, the magic didn't translate on stage until the final chorus and her vocals were shaky

Ireland - YAS glad the crowd immediately clapped along. Another standout for me, this is the Pop I love. Somehow this reminds me of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream era in the best possible way <3

North Macedonia - not that good, sadly.

Estonia - My favorite of the year prior the contest. I think the performance on Eesti Laul was slightly better, but Stefan still did great!! Especially for there to be just himself on the stage. A shame for the black sun thingy in the background though, definitely a performance that suffers from that malfunction.

Romania - could've gone through if part of the first semi and the performance was better than expected... but still not among the ten best ones in the 2nd semi.

Poland - My 4th favorite for tonight and sadly I was a bit disappointed, the overall presentation felt a bit all over the place. Still hope Poland makes it though (also side note, this reminds me so much of Kristian Kostov).

Montenegro - not bad, but still a sure non qualifier

Belgium - I always liked this when I heard it & it's also catchy, but I always kept going back to many other songs instead... so I'm somewhere in the middle with this... I'd be more than fine if it qualifies, but also wouldn't be sad if it doesn't.

Sweden - still think this is totally overrated this year I'm surprised to be honest, many people love this but it's actually my least favorite Swedish entry since... don't know, since I've started following Eurovision 15 years ago? Anyways, while I still "hope" it won't qualify, it surely will and fingers crossed it may finally grow on me through the aftermath of the 2nd semi.

Czech Republic - My 3rd favorite tonight and I'm not sure if they really delivered what had to be delivered. Fingers crossed simply because I love the song itself so much, but not too sure about how I feel about the live performance.

...overall thoughts: as expected, the muuuuch better semi and I liked the flow a lot more (less breaks between the songs than on Tuesday). The moderation trio is still not the best but I think they also did better this time.

Excited for the rest & results now... will also read through all the pages to see what I've missed out yesterday <3

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                            Even though I am not a fan of the song, but Norway storming the televote and winning because of the jury vote being split 5-6 ways is probably the best scenario of this whole mess. It's as ridiculous as the Eurovision itself, might be a viral hit and is going to return us either to the glorious era of early 2000s Eurovision or to the complete disdain for any public vote.
                                            Originally I thought Norway could go big, but it didn’t actually pack the same punch that I expected on the semi. Though I guess I’ve been seeing these yellow wolves for sometime and am a bit over it, so maybe people will enjoy it who haven’t seen them before.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Originally I thought Norway could go big, but it didn’t actually pack the same punch that I expected on the semi. Though I guess I’ve been seeing these yellow wolves for sometime and am a bit over it, so maybe people will enjoy it who haven’t seen them before.
                                              At first it gained views slowly, but now the ball kinda started rolling and unlike Konstrakta it's spread all over Europe. I don't think they're really winning, but I am feeling a solid 150 points televote is still likely

Comment

• Woah, didn‘t expect Belgium, Azerbaijan, Finland and Romania to go through, while Israel isn‘t??????? And also super sad for Cyprus and Ireland

Israel not making it is the most upsetting result of the year, it was so much better than Romania. What happened there?

Comment

• Ok, just read through the pages & didn‘t know about the stuff around Israel so that probably explains it

Also Malik for Germany seems so likable, hopefully not last place this year! Sam and Chanel are also sooo sympathetic, hope they do well!

So excited for tomorrow! Ukraine at 60% in the odds now, but there really is no real competition for them this year.

Comment

• I should probably explain why Brooke is doing "ole ole" chants. I think it might have something to do with the chant being used in Ireland's World Cup single from 1990. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5PT65I2ny8

Although she's too young to remember that it might be big enough in Irish / Northern Irish culture that everyone knows it.
                                                    Last edited by Blondini; Fri May 13, 2022, 21:28.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X