Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breatheonme
    replied
    Rotterdam hosting the Eurovision contest next year on Ukraine’s behalf would actually be a nice idea!

They didn’t get their chance at hosting because of the pandemic and this would be a nice gesture of giving them a second chance.

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

Why are they so obsessed with Rotterdam? Why not Amsterdam? Guess the arena in Amsterdam is busy and booked but i'd love to see Amsterdam playing host for Eurovision but at the same time Rotterdam was unlucky with the pandemic.
    I guess it has something to do with the amount of tourists in Amsterdam, it has been getting out of hand for a few years now and they are really trying the scale back on them all coming to Amsterdam and want to try people to visit other places in the country. So hosting in Amsterdam would not help with that.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    I hope Mika appreciates Eurovision now...

Leave a comment:

• arab
    replied
    I agree. Was shocked that during some performances backing vocals were louder than the actual ones (Armenia, Austria, Estonia, Finland, Norway, Czech Rep come first to my mind).

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied

Yes!!! TOp 10 for Portugal, beautiful song!

He's got a point..

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Netherlands: NPO and AVROTROS Would Host Eurovision 2023 If Asked

Marnix Kaart, director of Eurovision 2021 in Rotterdam and of S10’s performance in Turin this year, has stated that it would be be “fantastic” if Rotterdam stepped in to host on Ukraine’s behalf.

“That would be a nice gesture. So that is would not just be the Netherlands, I think all of Europe should work together on hosting. The finances also should be shared with one another. Then I think it’s a possibility.”

AVROTROS and NPO think it is too soon after Ukraine’s victory to say anything about possibly hosting the 2023 contest in the Netherlands. Spokespersons for both broadcasters think the question of whether they want to take over organising the contest because of the war is still a bit premature. A spokesperson for NPO stated:

“Tonight we first consider the beautiful and symbolic victory of Ukraine. Should the EBU request the NPO to take over the organisation of the Eurovision Song Contest again, we will think about it together with all parties involved.”
    https://eurovoix.com/2022/05/18/neth...2023-if-asked/

Why are they so obsessed with Rotterdam? Why not Amsterdam? Guess the arena in Amsterdam is busy and booked but i'd love to see Amsterdam playing host for Eurovision but at the same time Rotterdam was unlucky with the pandemic.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    SloMO better get that n1 in Spain (Bad Bunny is smashing it though)

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

SloMo now having more daily streams than Stefania.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    This is HUGE HUGE HUGE. Plus, millions watching Eurovision after the live broadcast on BBC iPlayer. It's important to note that TV shows in UK do not last for 4 hours like in Spain/Italy/Greece so it's amazing how it managed to keep big figures.
    Eurovision is a massive show for BBC and those Brexiteers saying it's a waste of taxpayers money (they don't mind when BoJo's gang gives our money to their buddies) are probably silent now... wonder why!

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
    Hope Chanel recorded some music meanwhile.

I never understood how Eurovision acts rarely prepared songs for after Eurovision. Especially if you know you're one of this year's favorites.

Usually they begin releasing new stuff like months after the final when no one really cares anymore.

So smart of them to release the Dancebreak version now and push the total streams of SloMo!

I wish they had released another single before Eurovision but i think it should come sooner or later.

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho View Post
    Recap of TV ratings published so far:

Poland: 3,766,000 viewers, share of 40.1%
    Ireland: 314,500 viewers, share of 33%
    Denmark; 529,000 viewers
    Lithuania: 800,000 viewers
    Greece: 1,955,000 viewers, share of 52.2%
    Estonia: 231,000 viewers
    Finland: 1,001,000 viewers
    Norway: 1,200,000 viewers, share of 89%
    Belgium: 1,419,000 viewers
    Australia: 400,000 viewers (Live + re-run)
    Austria: 503,000 viewers, share of 30.2%
    Romania: 369,000 viewers, share of 8.4%
    Portugal: 1,290,000 viewers, share of 41.2%
    Germany: 6,540,000 viewers
    Netherlands: 3,090,000 viewers, share of 68.6%
    UK: 8,900,000 viewers, share of 55.5%
    France: 3,180,000 viewers, share of 23.4%
    Italy: 6,590,000 viewers, share of 41.9%
    Spain: 6,835,000 viewers, share of 50.8%

Almost 50M viewers from these 19 countries out of 40 participating.
    Probably around 70-75M viewers adding those other countries left plus other European countries not participating.

I don’t know what Russian audience numbers have been on previous years but considering their population… I guess probably more than 20 million? (I assume they didn’t broadcasted it this year after not being allowed to participate, I was wondering how much they could have added to the total)
    Disappointing viewing figures in Romania and France. So sad to see France flopping and not caring much after Barbara's 2nd place.

Russian numbers were never too huge, i remember in 2009 it was max 10m Russian viewers. Russian fans can always watch it the show online on YT (with VPN)
    The live streaming has like 15m views on Youtube + streaming online on Peacock/SVT/RAI/RTVE etc. BBC iPlayer had 2,2 million streams (!!)

In general, you should remember that when EBU says '180-200m watched Eurovision', they mean ALL live shows (TV, streaming etc) and they count the 'at least 1 minute' figures (not the average numbers of viewers).

Last but not least, Eurovision is watched by more people than Superbowl. It truly is the most watched music TV show on earth.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Huge numbers all around. I also think that non-EU countries have been watching the final either on the internet or somewhere else. I guess sth like 90-100 million people should be the ballpark.

I love how huge this has become. Winning the ESC should value more than a Grammy at this point.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

and we don't like it. Mans is the KING of ESC. It should be made mandatory that he does sth each ESC, preferably shirtless.
    No, he could not let Eurovision go just like that

Leave a comment:

• jordi_89
    replied
    Can't wait to see the total European / Global numbers. It'll drop from last year because of Russia, but it's had record or very big numbers in a few countries, so maybe that lessens the fall.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Recap of TV ratings published so far:

Poland: 3,766,000 viewers, share of 40.1%
    Ireland: 314,500 viewers, share of 33%
    Denmark; 529,000 viewers
    Lithuania: 800,000 viewers
    Greece: 1,955,000 viewers, share of 52.2%
    Estonia: 231,000 viewers
    Finland: 1,001,000 viewers
    Norway: 1,200,000 viewers, share of 89%
    Belgium: 1,419,000 viewers
    Australia: 400,000 viewers (Live + re-run)
    Austria: 503,000 viewers, share of 30.2%
    Romania: 369,000 viewers, share of 8.4%
    Portugal: 1,290,000 viewers, share of 41.2%
    Germany: 6,540,000 viewers
    Netherlands: 3,090,000 viewers, share of 68.6%
    UK: 8,900,000 viewers, share of 55.5%
    France: 3,180,000 viewers, share of 23.4%
    Italy: 6,590,000 viewers, share of 41.9%
    Spain: 6,835,000 viewers, share of 50.8%

Almost 50M viewers from these 19 countries out of 40 participating.
    Probably around 70-75M viewers adding those other countries left plus other European countries not participating.

I don’t know what Russian audience numbers have been on previous years but considering their population… I guess probably more than 20 million? (I assume they didn’t broadcasted it this year after not being allowed to participate, I was wondering how much they could have added to the total)

Leave a comment:

• arab
    replied
    Almost 8.8 mln people watched at least 1 minute of the Grand Final in Poland
    ​​​​​​https://m.wirtualnemedia.pl/m/artyku...losowanie-jury

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I never understood how Eurovision acts rarely prepared songs for after Eurovision. Especially if you know you're one of this year's favorites.

Usually they begin releasing new stuff like months after the final when no one really cares anymore.
    I guess it has to do with the fact that most Eurovision acts are newcomers with bad/inexperienced management. Kalush Orchestra released their debut album in 2021, Chanel and Sam Ryder have yet to release theirs.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Is this the first Eurovision without any involvement from Mans Zelmerlöw ever since has won?
    and we don't like it. Mans is the KING of ESC. It should be made mandatory that he does sth each ESC, preferably shirtless.

Leave a comment:

• arab
    replied
    Ochman, for instance, released deluxe edition of his debut album on Friday with River and 2 new english songs Storyline and Overthinking.

Btw, TVP (Polish broadcoster) published Ochman's live on tape performance of River on Saturday. I guess, it's the only country that released a studio performance so far. Checked YT and there's only River available.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

She was in Miami in April recording her new single and (I think) new music video.
    I guess she’ll release it in June.

Leave a comment:

• breatheonme
    replied

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    Malta was afwul and cheap.

It was more children eurovision

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    My favorites were:

The Netherlands
    Romania
    Malta (shame she couldn't sing live and didn't pass the semi final)

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    I rlly do hope she’s going to be next big thing. Can’t wait for new music.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan View Post

So happy to see Chanel smashing in Spain, but also doing well on a more worldwide level. Global popstar incoming.
    Spotify has now updated and the dance-break version of SloMo had 426k streams yesterday… SloMo would have been Top 50 worldwide on Spotify today if they had merged both versions’ streams…

Leave a comment:

Working...
X