No announcement yet.

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - 14th May, Turin, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not outstanding and definitely no 'Love Injected' but this is imo by far the best of the Latvian candidates. It's really growing on me.
    Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus lā, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post

It's not outstanding and definitely no 'Love Injected' but this is imo by far the best of the Latvian candidates. It's really growing on me.
      Just like Cezar Ouatu and Elina Nechayeva comebacks this NF season...Not too exciting.
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Nothing exciting yet.. all the big boys have yet to get going...Im afraid it may boil down to the same few that dictate.. Sweden, Italy, Russia, etc..
        So plenty of time for a surprise.. but a word of caution San Marino was heavily tipped ( for what ever reason) and eventually did nothing....
        Down to Political voting !
        Only hope we dont end up with an over abundance of Maneskin covers with every entry.....

Comment

• I've started updating the first few pages with news, info and video links. Still a work in progress - but don't forget to have a look.

Comment

• Quite like Albania on first listen. Love classic Eurovision ethnic sound.
            1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

• I must be missing something or getting to old ..lol !!
              But Albania is nothing special, it reminds of something else/entry but cant quite my finger on it....

Comment

• what is this, Norway?

Comment

• ^^interestingly enough, unlike the Latvian (potential) joke entry, this kinda works for me
                  Some folks are saying the guys from 'What Does The Fox Say' are behind this
                  Last edited by flopho; Wed January 12, 2022, 16:43.

Comment

• The Rasmus will compete in the Finnish pre-selection!

Broadcaster Yle has announced the 7 artists competing in 'Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu' (UMK), the selection show that will decide Finland’s participant at the Eurovision Song Contest in Turin later this year.
                    • Cyan Kicks
                    • BESS
                    • The Rasmus
                    • Younghearted
                    • Olivera
                    • Tommi Läntinen
                    • Isaac Sene

Comment

^^interestingly enough, unlike the Latvian (potential) joke entry, this kinda works for me
                      Some folks are saying the guys from 'What Does The Fox Say' are behind this
                      It's either them of JOWST (from their 2017 "Grab The Moment" fame).

Comment

The Rasmus will compete in the Finnish pre-selection!
                        Hopefully not a repetition of Darude disappointment.

Comment

• true disaster bop of the season, some even compare it to Ava Max

Comment

• Well it‘s very Ava, that‘s true.

Really need to dive into this years ESC season soon!

Comment

• heppolo Thatīs my favourite entry in the Romanian NF.

Personally, I think that the Romania NF is very tragic. They came up with 46 songs and Iīm pretty sure that 40+ wouldnīt even survive the semis in Eurovision but "Do Svidaniya" could actually work on the Eurovision stage. Itīs a well-produced silly but catchy bop. I havenīt thought of Ava Max before but I can totally understand why people think so because it really sounds a bit like her (sounds-wise!) - The chorus is super silly (lyrically) but it is simply fun! I love the effects on "Do Svidaniya" and the arrangement is very "Eurovision/Romania" or at least, what people expect Romania to send to Eurovision (if they donīt follow the ethno-route).

Seriously, if they come up with a great choreo and a clever staging, I can totally see this finishing Top 10 in the televoting (and if you ask me...rightfully so).
                              Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• I can't decide if I like or hate it lmao. It's definitely memorable albeit corny.
                                And yeah the Romanian NF is a whole mess, they could've just cut these 40 entries to like 6 or 7 'final' entries and it would be an alright preselection, but this...don't know what they were thinking.

Comment

• Semi-final draw for Benidorm Festival. First four will advance to the final.

Comment

• Originally posted by AceReject View Post
                                    I've started updating the first few pages with news, info and video links. Still a work in progress - but don't forget to have a look.
                                    Thanks for doing this AceReject! The Czech entry has also been released already in case you wanna update it, however it wasn't uploaded on the official Eurovision Youtube channel yet, so maybe an official video is still coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                      Thatīs my favourite entry in the Romanian NF.

Personally, I think that the Romania NF is very tragic. They came up with 46 songs and Iīm pretty sure that 40+ wouldnīt even survive the semis in Eurovision but "Do Svidaniya" could actually work on the Eurovision stage. Itīs a well-produced silly but catchy bop. I havenīt thought of Ava Max before but I can totally understand why people think so because it really sounds a bit like her (sounds-wise!) - The chorus is super silly (lyrically) but it is simply fun! I love the effects on "Do Svidaniya" and the arrangement is very "Eurovision/Romania" or at least, what people expect Romania to send to Eurovision (if they donīt follow the ethno-route).

Seriously, if they come up with a great choreo and a clever staging, I can totally see this finishing Top 10 in the televoting (and if you ask me...rightfully so).
                                      One of the theories was that a huge number of entries is necessary to drown out the competition for Cezar
                                      His fake national anthem of *insert a generic country's name* is both cringeworthy and ironically funny, I can envision it working well for an older demographic at the Eurovision in a Jacques Houdek way, but the fandom will hate it if Cezar comes back to Eurovision with this.

Comment

• Apparently, we will be getting a last-minute national final from Poland this time!
                                        The Polish media outlets and Eurovision fans are going insane right now.

After pushing back the date of the announcement of the Polish entrant, extending the deadline of submissions and going for an internal selection, TVP (the Polish broadcaster) couldnīt decide on a single entry for whatever reason.

According to Dziennik Eurowizyny, the national final as well as the participants will be announced in todayīs show "Pytanie na Śniadani" around 10 am!

Doda - one of the most successful female artist - submitted this song to TVP last-minute:

It was produced by Patryk Kumór (another great Polish artist) and Tom Martin (who usually works with Tiesto).
                                        I thought that this song would be the epitome of being trash but I genuinely love it (itīs very 90īs but still current if you compare it to other famous DJīs work right now)

Ochman (The Voice winner) also announced that he submitted a song to TVP. Apparently, itīs an English version of this one:

Before all this mess, people claimed that the current Polish radio hit "Paranoia" by DARIA had been chosen as the Polish entry - she even hinted at this on her socials but deleted these posts (probably because TVP did make a turn?):

According to Jastrzab Post (Polish press), Lidia Koponia will take part in the national final as well. Sheīs about to perform an English ballad. She took part in Eurovision 2009 and didnīt make Poland qualify that year.

Other rumored names include Karolina Stanisławczyk (I submitted this song to ukmixīs FSC and ended up being 4th) and Kuba Szmajkowski

sources: dziennik Eurowizyny, Doda, Ochman, Wiwibloggs, jastrzabpost.pl

Comment

• The Polish national final will be held on 19th February:

Ania Byrcyn - Dokąd?
                                          Daria - Paranoia
                                          Emilia Dębska (Mila) - All I Need
                                          Karolina Lizer - Czysta woda
                                          Karolina Stanisławczyk & Chika Toro - Move
                                          Kuba Szmajkowski - Lovesick
                                          Lidia Kopania - Why Does It Hurt
                                          Ochman - River
                                          Siostry Szlachta - Drogowskazy
                                          Unmute - Głośniej niż decybele
                                          No Doda but the other acts were correct.

Comment

• Welp looks like there's still hope for Bulgaria. Now get another artist and song pls

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                              The Polish national final will be held on 19th February:

No Doda but the other acts were correct.
                                              Daria v. Ochman it looks like

Comment

• Presumptive Norwegian fave and AQ performed live for the first time yesterday. I have to say it's kinda dull.

Comment

• Just like with every single ESC comeback attempt this season, it's really safe. Ieva's voice kinda makes up for a relatively uneventful tune.

Comment

• ^^not really feeling these two unfortunately, the chorus of 'Death of Us' is kinda interesting though

I kinda like this one from the Estonian pre-selection, just not sure about the tempo change, the 2nd chorus is kinda too fast-paced for the overall vibe of the song, but that's just my personal impression

Tomorrow we're getting the Maltese songs and two (out of six) from Ireland
                                                    Last edited by flopho; Sun January 16, 2022, 15:50.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X