No announcement yet.

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - 14th May, Turin, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm issa big 'meh' from me..it's not bad though..maybe my expectations were just too high.
    Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus lą, baby

Comment

• ^welp actually it's growing on me now...lyrically it sounds really off in some parts though

The Maltese preselection is kinda underwhelming tbh, this is probably the entry with the biggest chances....

I like that it's in Maltese I guess, that's about it though.

Comment

• Aiden also signed a big hit last summer in Malta and since then he has been very popular.

Comment

• The Finnish pre-selection is shaping up to be quite strong this year.
          Was expecting to cringe my ass off to Rovaniemi when I saw the title, but I actually like this one

Most likely won't stand a chance against the two favorites though, the 'the Rasmus' song above and this:

Comment

• This one from the Irish pre-selection is super generic and sounds like an Ed Sheeran demo...but I actually kinda dig it

This has more personality, but not completely sure if it's suited for Eurovision

Comment

• flopho I think Loving Me is the best of the Irish pre-selection songs so far
              You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• ^I really don't like that one at all unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by AceReject View Post
                  You can find all of the information about upcoming events including national selection heats and finals here.
                  Just updating the opening post and thought I'd share this calendar link with everyone - very handy if you want to follow all of the build up!

Comment

• not feeling the logo..MoroccanOil Song Contest

Comment

• ^ Exactly! Don't know why they did that.

Comment

• Lithuania NF delivered
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Spain: Luna Ki withdraws from Benidorm Fest over auto-tune ban

Luna Ki has decided to withdraw from Benidorm Fest as they’ll not be able to use ‘auto-tune’ in their performance.

RTVE broke the news this morning. The artist told the organisation the reason behind their withdrawal was the ban on using autotune live.

In a further communication, Luna’s team stated that their decision comes after the EBU forbid the use of autotune.

“We’re sad about it because autotune is a musical tool used by artists like Cher since 1998 and that represents the sound and identity of a generation. Luna considers that their songs has been composed with that tool and that its sound is an indispensable part of the interpretation”.

In the communication, the team states: “Luna is a sensitive person who’s going through a delicate emotional moment, that’s why we ask for respect and kindness”.

“Luna feels a responsibility with the audience of Benidorm Fest, the rest of participating artists and RTVE, that’s why they’ll give a detailed explanation of the decision. Luna Ki will give a press conference on Monday at 16.30 to explain further details.”
                          Not the Cher example…

To be honest, Luna can’t sing AT ALL. When they all were asked to sing a bit of their songs a capella during the press conference she was the only one who refused to do it… “reciting” some verses of the song instead.
                          Several blogs and journalists revealed yesterday it’s not only about using auto tune but Luna wanting to use a pre-recorded track for her voice and using other voice tools… basically to hide she can’t sing live at all. Which she knew right from the start it won’t be allowed… But she achieved what she wanted, attention and new fans.

Comment

• Semi-Final allocation draw

France and Italy will vote in SF1 and Spain, Germany and the UK in SF2

Comment

• Anyone watching Benidorm, nympho ?

Rooting for the Tanxus ofc but the staging was kinda chaotic, while Blanca and Chanel really slayed their performances, the latter being the surprise of the evening imo.

Hoping for Tanx, Blanca, Varry and Chanel in the final

edit: wow that jury voting was a MESS! And yes Chanel had a flawless performance, still surprised to see her winning the semi...the song really isn't that strong. It's gonna be difficult for Tanxugueiras knowing that the jury isn't behind them.
                              Last edited by flopho; Wed January 26, 2022, 23:06.

Comment

• ^
                                Yep. Just finished watching it.

Sad for Azścar Moreno… I wanted them on the final… but their performance wasn’t good tonight. Live vocals on the verses were terrible.

Chanel was A-MA-ZING. Pure fire.

And I loved Tanxugueiras as well. I (like everyone else) was shocked with the jury’s votes leaving them out… Wtf were they thinking?

Let’s see what happens tomorrow.

Rigoberta will win the televoting by far… but after what happened tonight with the jury… we’ll see what happens on Saturday’s final.

It’s either Rigoberta, Tanxugueiras or Chanel for the win at this point.

Comment

• I'm kinda rooting for Rayden atm (and Tanxu) but it will heavily depend on his live performance, it can really make or break a song as we saw today. (I'm also not sure whether he is really famous in Spain, but that didn't help Azucar Moreno either)

Comment

• The videos of the performances last night of the 4 songs going to Saturday’s grand final:

Comment

• That last one is pretty catchy
                                      1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

• I like it too, it's a bit too similar to this tho, not sure if this shouldn't be considered a sample lol

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                          Anyone watching Benidorm?
                                          It was good, Chanel served, "Rafaella" was my fave, Blanca has a certain appeal, Tanxugueiras is a promising choice for the Eurovision, they need to fix the staging.

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                            I like it too, it's a bit too similar to this tho, not sure if this shouldn't be considered a sample lol

Oh wow that is similar
                                            1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

• Today's semi was a bit of a mess, especially the the vocal peformances. Sara Deop had an awful song, Javiera is great but she has better tracks too. Marta was cute, I liked Xeinn's song but the performance was kinda ehh.
                                              Still rooting for Rayden, but these backing vocals in the chorus..no ma'am. I like Rigoberta's song a lot but it's not suited for the Eurovision audience at all imo. Most people outside of Spain won't get it, some even think it's a joke entry...and I'm not sure that staging was the best either.
                                              Atm it looks like it's between Chanel and Rigoberta and maybe Tanxugueiras..we'll see.

Comment

• I agree. 1st semi was superior even when it was on the 2nd semi where most favourites were performing.

I have very mixed feelings about Rigoberta’s performance. She’s mostly an indie underground artist so it was expected that her performance could be “artistic” or even weird… but yes, I doubt the average ESC viewer in… Bulgaria or Austria would understand her performance at all… and sadly, as you say, unless you know what the lyrics are about (or even if you do…) it could be perceived as an entry joke.

Rayden was good… the backing singer wasn’t. It all seemed a bit messy sometimes and kind of a drunk friends on a pub at 3:00 am type of performance at the end.

What are your thoughts on Chanel? I think her performance was amazing, pure fire, way above the average Spanish pop star. But could that be enough? Or is it just the same gay diva performance we’ve seen 100 times by now on Eurovision?

I’m sure Rigoberta will win, Chanel 2° and Tanxugueiras 3° on Saturday.

Comment

• Benidorm Fest 2nd semi winners going to the finale:

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

What are your thoughts on Chanel? I think her performance was amazing, pure fire, way above the average Spanish pop star. But could that be enough? Or is it just the same gay diva performance we’ve seen 100 times by now on Eurovision?
                                                    It's both and more. Shame about the song being kinda average, but Chanel surely made a name for herself. Rigoberta is going to win with ease unless those juries throw a hissyfit.

Gonzalo making it to the final with just the music video was the funniest part of Semifinal 2.

Controversially I think Varry Brava would have been the least risky choice for Spain, a fun and quirky disco would help them to avoid bottom 5.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X