• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing Spain & UK do so well might be a wake-up call for Germany
    Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post
      Seeing Spain & UK do so well might be a wake-up call for Germany
      but France 2nd place last year hasn't turned their fortunes round as it turns out
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• So guys, another year with Germany failing. And I actually like the song. I knew the chorus from the radio, not the rest from the song though, so I heard the rap part live for the first time, and WOW - he aced it! But I guess it doesn't matter whether we send a good song or not - Europe hates Germany for whatever reason. I guess we can no longer blame it on Merkel, can we?

My favorites were Germany, Switzerland, the Ukraine, (Yes, I liked the song and not just because of the current situation), the UK, Romania (Though that one was very campy, let's be real there.) and Portugal. A lot of OK songs, and the Netherlands (Sorry RayRay !) and Australia (Didn't he sound like Sam Smith singing one of his 5/10 type of ballads?) were the lows for me.

Mika really owned that show with all those outfit changes, didn't he? Life in Cartoon Motion is still that monster of an album.

I agree with nympho that the ESC shouldn't be about politics. I would've had a big problem with the Ukraine winning if the song hadn't been good, but I viewed each performance objectively, and I have to say that I liked what they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Chanel ended 2nd in televoting…
          It was #3 behind Ukraine and Moldova
          Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• So proud of our Sam. So exciting. He slayed. That’s all for now.
            1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post

It was #3 behind Ukraine and Moldova
              Yep. My bad, I forgot about them.

So, Spain was 3rd for juries, 3rd for televote… and 3rd overall!
              Only country this year with a total match.

Ukraine: 4th juries, 1st televote
              UK: 1st juries, 5th televote
              Sweden: 2nd juries, 6th televote

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                Seeing Spain & UK do so well might be a wake-up call for Germany
                During the past 20 years, Germany has only made the top 10 5 times, and 4 out of those songs were kind of linked to Stefan Raab, the funny guy from 2000 who used to be a very big name in German TV until he officially retired and vanished from the public eye a couple of years ago.
                The problem is that no one in Germany knows how to get out of this damn situation of receiving close to no points year after year. They've sent so many different songs, but always the same result. Maybe a song performed in German would do better, I don't know...

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

During the past 20 years, Germany has only made the top 10 5 times, and 4 out of those songs were kind of linked to Stefan Raab, the funny guy from 2000 who used to be a very big name in German TV until he officially retired and vanished from the public eye a couple of years ago.
                  The problem is that no one in Germany knows how to get out of this damn situation of receiving close to no points year after year. They've sent so many different songs, but always the same result. Maybe a song performed in German would do better, I don't know...
                  Germany always does well, when the song is genuine.

Michael Schulte is the best example of that.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Im pretty sure Chanel will eventually pull a Paparizou/Bilan and come back soon. Its not that deep as twitter is making it look lol
                    Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Germany always does well, when the song is genuine.

Michael Schulte is the best example of that.
                      He's not really doing well on the national charts, but damn, German radio plays his songs all the time.
                      But then again, what's not genuine about that Rockstars song? Apart from the Twenty One Pilots-esque production, it's got an awesome text, you have to admit that.
                      Last edited by theMathematician; Sun May 15, 2022, 00:12.

Comment

• I'm glad Ukraine won with a better result than I expected. I'm also glad Serbia, Moldova and Norway ended up in the Top 10, even if Norway definitely deserved +300 points from the televote. So sad for France finishing 24th, even if their performance was a bit off (song is still a banger). And I'm enjoying the meltdowns of spanish and british fans a lot as well. Sweden or Serbia (or maybe Norway) could have won under normal circumstances, not those two.
                        Find me here:
                        https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                        https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• And please Eurovision has ALWAYS been political. It was created for political reasons, and politics have always been involved with it. Who cares if one more winner got more votes because of politics? There's been plenty before them.
                          Find me here:
                          https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                          https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• So without the jury votes and the sympathy vote, the winner was actually Moldova (the best song)

Comment

• Well done Ukraine and UK. Spain song is awful. Heard so much about it and finally listened but nah. Not good.
                              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

He's not really doing well on the national charts, but damn, German radio plays his songs all the time.
                                But then again, what's not genuine about that Rockstars song? Apart from the Twenty One Pilots-esque production, it's got an awesome text, you have to admit that.
                                He is doing well enough. His former ESC song reached #4 in the final and #3 on the GER singles charts.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  The public a bit more in tune with my own opinions this year, Australia also didn’t warrant a lot of points!

Watch me fuming when UK get 5 points
                                  it was delicious when Australia only got 2 points. That performance and performer were just cringe

Comment

• I love the Ukrainian song. Deserved winner on merit as Akini said.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post

it was delicious when Australia only got 2 points. That performance and performer were just cringe
                                      I have to agree. When will OZ learn that we want, need and deserve Angus Stone.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

He is doing well enough. His former ESC song reached #4 in the final and #3 on the GER singles charts.
                                        I wasn't talking about 'Alone', but the rest of his doscography like 'For a Second', 'Remember Me', 'Stay'.

Comment

• Semi results are out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovi...g_Contest_2022

https://eurovision.tv/event/turin-2022/first-semi-final

https://eurovision.tv/event/turin-2022/second-semi-final

Ireland fared worse than i thought. They just can't do well with pop songs. It's like they're forced to go back to folk music or ballads. Croatia 11th and many points behind Iceland.
                                          Last edited by Blondini; Sun May 15, 2022, 00:35.

Comment

I wasn't talking about 'Alone', but the rest of his doscography like 'For a Second', 'Remember Me', 'Stay'.
                                            which is out of context.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• ???

Comment

• Ukraine song is actually incredibly catchy while being a little left field and is definitely a song that could have done extremely well in any given year. Their performance was fantastic too. Worthy winners IMO. Far better than that Manneskin crap that won last year.
                                                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                                Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                  Ukraine song is actually incredibly catchy while being a little left field and is definitely a song that could have done extremely well in any given year. Their performance was fantastic too. Worthy winners IMO. Far better than that Manneskin crap that won last year.
                                                  I agree.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                    Well done Ukraine and UK. Spain song is awful. Heard so much about it and finally listened but nah. Not good.
                                                    The lie tho

Anyway, Maneskin’s performance was super weird wasn’t it? I mean they didn’t even perform their winner song (or did I miss it?) and they seemed super arrogant somehow. Not likeable at all.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X