No announcement yet.

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - 14th May, Turin, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukraine really should have won last year.

although if they had, I’m guessing they wouldn’t have been able to host this year

Comment

• This was overall a really bad year anyway. Hardly any memorable songs unlike 2021.

Comment

• Wow, Sweden really smashed their semifinal. Almost 400 points.
        Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I agree.
          50 percent of the time its like one mind innit
          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post

The lie tho

Anyway, Maneskin’s performance was super weird wasn’t it? I mean they didn’t even perform their winner song (or did I miss it?) and they seemed super arrogant somehow. Not likeable at all.
            They already were in 2021. Wasn't the lead singer putting his leg on the table and drinking straight from the bottle at the press conference last year?

Comment

• Well... with some perhaps disappointed that Ukraine won the televote... the big disappointment/shock is Moldova doing well. That performance is like a bad Adam Sandler film. It's very Eurovision from 20 years ago in a way.

That Moldova ranked higher than the UK, Spain, Sweden... that's a bit on the nose.

Norway is another one... but it didn't generate the same public support.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Great job Chanel. What a performer she is <3

Comment

• Love a little controversy to go with it all...

https://escxtra.com/2022/05/15/ebu-s...rovision-2022/

During tonight’s jury voting process at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022, the EBU released a statement to explain that the national juries from six countries in the second semi-final were removed from the contest. These were then replaced by an aggregated result based on countries with similar voting patterns in both the second semi-final and the grand final.

The six national juries that were removed from Eurovision 2022 were from the following countries:
                  • Azerbaijan
                  • Georgia
                  • Montenegro
                  • Poland
                  • Romania
                  • San Marino
                  Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• I'm surprised that so many of you liked the Spanish song. I listened to it again, and it sounds like that typical entry you'd expect from countries like Cyprus, Serbia or Azerbaijan . I mean, there are like two types of songs that always appear at the ESC. The big (yet unspectacular) ballads in combination with long, flowing hair; and the Baltic-sounding dance songs with the calmer chorus, then the singer drops the song title and in the next step, an instrumental dance part sets in. That's your traditional 5/10 material, but favorites' potential?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

50 percent of the time its like one mind innit
                      it really is. <3
                      My Chart

Comment

• After some more listens, I really love the Swedish song the most, I think. It's so good.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                          Love a little controversy to go with it all...

Just saw this on Twitter. Irish fans are going mad. How are we meant to trust any of this if they're just using estimates?

Comment

• Moldova was awesome. Me and my gf hosted a Eurovision watch party with people from several places in Europe and everyone got in on the Moldova hype. Deserved.
                            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post

The lie tho

Anyway, Maneskin’s performance was super weird wasn’t it? I mean they didn’t even perform their winner song (or did I miss it?) and they seemed super arrogant somehow. Not likeable at all.
                              That's what I thought about them last year every time they were on the screen.
                              Find me here:
                              https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                              https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post
                                Ukraine really should have won last year.

although if they had, I’m guessing they wouldn’t have been able to host this year
                                THIS. That's why I'm glad they've won now. People will only remember SHUM in a few years anyway.
                                Find me here:

Comment

• Moldovas song was utter crap. Just noise. Couldnt even get through the performance.
                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Love a little controversy to go with it all...

Wait what, why?!

Love the drama though.
                                    Find me here:

Comment

• Btw maybe it's just me, but nobody seemed to be as energetic or as exciting as they were in their respective National Final performances. While last year we had so many amazing performances at the Eurovision Grand Final. Like not even Norway sounded or looked as cool tonight. And the same happened in the Semis, compared to previous performances. What did RAI/EBU exactly do, to make all of them look "not as great"? Am I the only one who thinks this?

The Final itself was decent, way better than the Semis. But not great.
                                      Find me here:

Comment

• There's some pretty interesting semi final vs grand final results...
                                        • Moldova only came 8th in the semi final, but somehow grew to come 7th overall
                                        • Australia came 2nd in the semi final, but only 15th in the grand final
                                        I must say with Moldova, their energy felt much stronger in the final than the semi. I'm not sure if this was them, or more the timing of them after those slow songs.
                                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                                          It’s so sad that Spain didn’t won. But congrats.

Also Serbia cooooongrats.

Does this means that Ukraine will win every year from now?
                                          It was evident that Ukraine will take a win. I hope that piece will come to this country and the next year ESC will be held under a pieceful ukrainian sky.
                                          But, frankly speaking, my winning performance is definitely Spain. She had everything to win, her plastic(I love her body movements, although it reminds me J.Lo's 'I'm Glad' music video) her good vocal, her catchy pop song, Chanel was on fire. Definitely, she is a winner for me. However, I'm glad for Ukraine to become a winner.
                                          https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
                                          https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                            I'm surprised that so many of you liked the Spanish song. I listened to it again, and it sounds like that typical entry you'd expect from countries like Cyprus, Serbia or Azerbaijan . I mean, there are like two types of songs that always appear at the ESC. The big (yet unspectacular) ballads in combination with long, flowing hair; and the Baltic-sounding dance songs with the calmer chorus, then the singer drops the song title and in the next step, an instrumental dance part sets in. That's your traditional 5/10 material, but favorites' potential?
                                            The Spanish performance is beyond the song. She delivered a great dance routine and she owned the stage. It wasn't even my fav song during the Spanish selection contest, but Chanel is an awesome performer and entertainer. This is the best production, overall, my country has done in years.

Comment

• ^
                                              Exactly. If you just listen to the song on Spotify it’s obviously not the best of the night… Now watch her performance and that’s a different story. Even Eurovision’s official Twitter account posted after her performance that it was probably the best choreography on ESC’s history… And she wasn’t even out of breath and she was able to hit each and every single note of that ad-lib after the dance break. She’s a trained professional.

Regarding what theMatematician said about this being a song you’d expect from… Cyprus… the thing is Spain finally brought to the competition what people expect from Spain!
                                              We’re seeing almost every year other countries having good results with songs with a Latin vibe, fiesta vibe, lyrics in Spanish, a J-Lo type of diva… and yet Spain seemed to be ashamed of that and had entries during all these years that sounded nothing like the music people listen to in Spain or what people in other countries relates to Spain.
                                              But just this song with a weak performance… would have never ever placed in top 10. It was thanks to Chanel’s (and her dancers) charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent…

Comment

• Chanel was bloody fantastic and absolutely the highlight of the evening! The star power she has is insane and everything about it was 10/10. I also really like the song, after listening to it for a few months now I think it really stands out as a great, fun pop song. Romania was a surprise for me, such a cute guy and FUN performance.
                                                My other top five entries were Italy (not the best performance but adore the song), The Netherlands (stunning!) and Sweden.

The less said about Norway and Moldova the better, yikes. Also do not get into the UK hype at all. That song is so.. bland? Shocking to see it that well, although the televoting wasn't that impressive (compared to the judges).
                                                without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                                                like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Spain's was a Performance and a Show (capitalised).

The song was pretty solid too... sure, subjectively not the best of the night, but certainly not generic like so many other songs. So many. It was a highlight.
                                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

There's some pretty interesting semi final vs grand final results...
                                                    • Moldova only came 8th in the semi final, but somehow grew to come 7th overall
                                                    • Australia came 2nd in the semi final, but only 15th in the grand final
                                                    I must say with Moldova, their energy felt much stronger in the final than the semi. I'm not sure if this was them, or more the timing of them after those slow songs.

Yep, Moldova was what the people needed after an ambush of ballads, it doesn’t surprise me they did so well on the televote.

Spain was THE performance. Spanish music has been a major force for years now, why it took them so long to send something like this to ESC I dunno, but then I can say the same
                                                    about the UK too!
                                                    1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

Working...
                                                    X