No announcement yet.

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - 14th May, Turin, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Eurovision is very far from my music taste now, but I like Diana Rotaru's song from Moldova NF.

In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
      Even Eurovision is very far from my music taste now, but I like Diana Rotaru's song from Moldova NF.
      No faves in Lithuanian NF? (Queens Of Roses?)
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Moldova's entry...

Well, it's clear that Bulgaria and Moldova definitely do not wanna host next year
        Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus lÓ, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
          Moldova's entry...

Well, it's clear that Bulgaria and Moldova definitely do not wanna host next year
          Don't count Moldova out just yet - it's a bit political (Chisinau-Bucuresti train, pro Romania-Moldova union song is going to raise quite a few eyebrows in Russia), it has some necessary budget and Zdob Si Zdub (Moldova 2005, Moldova 2011) will surely provide a crazy staging.
          Sounds better as a studio version though

Comment

• ^Yeah I actually rewatched the official video and the chorus kinda has its charm. And Moldova usually does joke/meme entries well so we'll see..kinda want them to have a train set for their staging lmao.

Comment

• SPAIN chose SloMo by Chanel!

She's a great performer and I don't hate the song, it actually kinda bops. It's just a bit ehh to see this winning out of such an interesting selection of songs. But I think it's safe to say they'll get more televoting and jury points than last year
              Feeling bad for Tanxugueiras considering they won the televote + demoscopic jury vote, and the professional jury f***** them over pretty badly. I'm not one for salty loser conspiracy theories, but kinda wonder whether political reasons played a role, considering how low they placed them. (they got the same points as Xeinn ffs ) Also, one of the jury members worked with Chanel before apparently. Anyway, Benidorm as a whole was an improvement, looking forward to next year, this was by far the most exciting NF I've watched (I haven't seen a lot tho haha)
              Last edited by flopho; Sat January 29, 2022, 23:42.

Comment

• So happy for her.

Lot of drama, though… Everybody was rooting for Rigoberta (#3 on Spotify Spain today)… but in the end Chanel was the winner for the jury (they placed Tanxugueiras 5th ).
                However, Tanxugueiras won the televoting and demoscopic votes…

Adding all points:
                Chanel 96 points
                Rigoberta 91 points
                Tanxugueiras 90 points

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                  Lot of drama, though
                  this omg, I was more nervous watching the televoting sequence than several actual Eurovision voting sequences lmao

Comment

• I feel like Fuego was such an iconic entry that everything similar to it since is going to get that comparison, which is a shame because entries like this have been Eurovision staples for years before Fuego. I like it, there's a chance it could stand out if we do get a lot of rock entries this year.
                    1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                      I like it, there's a chance it could stand out if we do get a lot of rock entries this year.
                      We're getting like 3 or 4 at best.

Comment

• I am so hoping Lithuania picks this avant-garde one

Comment

• I'm currently obsessed with the Finnish NF entry by The Rasmus. Lauri Yl÷nen Turin 2022!
                          Not feeling the Spanish entry at all. Probably Tanxugueiras would have been the better choice for an all-encompassing European audience.
                          Also, I am already dreading both the Swiss and German NF's...
                          trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                          trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            I'm currently obsessed with the Finnish NF entry by The Rasmus. Lauri Yl÷nen Turin 2022!
                            Not feeling the Spanish entry at all. Probably Tanxugueiras would have been the better choice for an all-encompassing European audience.
                            Also, I am already dreading both the Swiss and German NF's...
                            what do you think about Moldova's folk?

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

what do you think about Moldova's folk?
                              I love it. It's so far out of the ordinary yet it feels authentic and sincere, and will definitely stand out. The other question is whether anybody will vote for it (besides Romania, of course). And, props for being humurous in a relatable way.
                              trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                ^Yeah I actually rewatched the official video and the chorus kinda has its charm. And Moldova usually does joke/meme entries well so we'll see..kinda want them to have a train set for their staging lmao.
                                Oh would like that too!

Spain is boring, another rehash we dont need.

Comment

• I quite like Moldova I also liked their first entry but wasn't so keen on their last one.

Comment

• Ochman - River (Polish NF candidate)

I actually kinda like this, I guess the chorus could be a little stronger though
                                    Last edited by flopho; Wed February 2, 2022, 23:42.

Comment

• The hosts of this year's ESC will be Laura Pausini, Alessandro Catelan and 'Grace Kelly' singer Mika!

oh and more Benidorm drama: the detailed votes were revealed and Terra received 70% of the televote and Chanel 4%

the jury vote:

Last edited by flopho; Wed February 2, 2022, 21:24.

Comment

• I don't know Alessandro but the other 2 are big enough names that should be known across Europe.

Comment

• Mika addressed his stance stating that, “most of the songs sent to the competition are shameful, they are pure shit!” When the interviewer asked him to bring a good song to the contest, Mika added, “I don’t know if that’s allowed. It’s not part of the game, you have to make terrible songs.”
                                          I hope people won't remember this quote from Mika about Eurovision

Comment

• flopho do you know what’s the deal with the Czech entry? I know the act is confirmed as We Are Domi, but I’ve seen conflicting reports about the song selection. Some sources say the entry will be Lights Off and others say the song is yet to be revealed?

Comment

• Mika better prepare a new single and album for that period and shamelessly promote it and perform at Eurovision

Comment

• Originally posted by AceReject View Post
                                                flopho do you know what’s the deal with the Czech entry? I know the act is confirmed as We Are Domi, but I’ve seen conflicting reports about the song selection. Some sources say the entry will be Lights Off and others say the song is yet to be revealed?
                                                I think 'Lights Off' will be their entry, haven't read anything about them possibly entering another song so far.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
                                                    Mika better prepare a new single and album for that period and shamelessly promote it and perform at Eurovision
                                                    He was such a Eurovision hater back in the day, but I guess RAI desperately needs an English-speaking person, so ...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X