Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurovision Song Contest 2022 - Italy

Welcome to the UKMix thread for the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 which will be hosted by Italy.

In the post below, you should find all of the latest news and information relating to the contest.

The subsequent posts are arranged alphabetically and dedicated to each of the countries that are likely to enter. Please note that at present, many countries have yet to confirm their participation. As more information and music becomes available, I will update these posts with the relevant links and videos. The final few posts are reserved for information about other countries that are either part of the EBU or are connected to the contest in some other way.

Please feel free to comment on and discuss everything Eurovision 2022 in this thread.

Finally, a huge thank you to Mainshow who has traditionally ran and maintained these threads in past years. Unfortunately, other commitments mean that he does not have time to run the thread this year. However, I hope that he will still join us here for discussion. The general format and layout of this thread is all borrowed from his threads, and I must therefore credit him for doing the hard work in previous years.
    Last edited by AceReject; Thu September 9, 2021, 15:24.
    Keep an eye on Dan. Promise me you can. He gets out of hand if you let him…

News & Information

The Eurovision Song Contest 2022 is set to be the 66th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest. It will take place in Italy, following the country's victory at the 2021 contest with the song Zitti e buoni by Måneskin. This will be the third time that Italy hosts the contest, having previously done so for the 1965 and 1991 contests, held in Naples and Rome respectively, as well as the first EBU event to be held in the country since the last edition of Jeux Sans Frontières in 1999. The contest is due to be organised by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and host broadcaster Radiotelevisione italiana (RAI).

Source

I will update this section with more news and information as it becomes available.

Last edited by AceReject; Thu September 9, 2021, 15:12.

Comment

ALBANIA

Comment

ARMENIA

Comment

AUSTRALIA

Comment

AUSTRIA

Comment

AZERBAIJAN

Comment

BELARUS

Originally posted by Eurovoix News

Belarusian broadcaster suspended until 2024

Ivan Eismont the Director General of BTRC has revealed that the Belarusian broadcaster is currently suspended from the EBU until 2024.

In an interview with SB.by Ivan Eismont has revealed that BTRC is currently suspended from the European Broadcasting Union for a period of three years from July 1, 2021. This means that currently BTRC will not return as a full member of the European Broadcasting Union until July 1, 2024.

ESCPlus has confirmed that three years is the maximum length of time that a member broadcaster of the EBU can be suspended from the organisation. The EBU does have the ability to review the suspension of BTRC at any time during this three year period and reduce the suspension if it so desires.

The 2024 date means that the next competitive EBU organised competition that BTRC could compete in would be the 2024 edition of Junior Eurovision, while they could not compete in the Eurovision Song Contest until 2025.

BTRC was suspended from the EBU as a result of the use of the channel by the Belarusian Government as a propaganda tool. In August 2020, the Presidential election in Belarus in which incumbent Alexander Lukashenko was re-elected to a sixth term was the subject of widespread claims of electoral fraud. International monitors have labeled the election neither free nor fair. Following the election, significant and widespread protests have occurred in Belarus.
                Source
                Last edited by AceReject; Thu September 16, 2021, 12:26.

Comment

BELGIUM

Originally posted by “Eurovoix News”

Jérémie Makiese will represent Belgium at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Italy.

Jérémie Makiese was revealed as the Belgian representative for Eurovision 2022 during Le 8/9 on VivaCité radio. The song that Jérémie will perform in Italy will be revealed at a later date.

Jérémie is 20 years old and was born in Antwerp but moved to Uccle in Brussels with his family at the age of six. This April, he won the ninth season of The Voice Belgique. He also plays as goalkeeper for Royal Excelsior Vitron in the Belgian First Division B. He is the fifth consecutive former The Voice Belgique contestant to be chosen by RTBF to represent Belgium and the first winner of the show since Roberto Bellarosa in 2013 to represent the country. Jérémie had previously stated his interest to go to Eurovision in an earlier interview.

This was the third time in four years that Belgium was the first country to reveal their Eurovision entrant. Sennek and Hooverphonic were the first acts to be announced for the 2018 and 2020 contests respectively.
                  Source

Example track (not the competition entry):

Last edited by AceReject; Thu September 16, 2021, 14:08.

Comment

BULGARIA

Comment

CROATIA

Comment

CYPRUS

Comment

CZECHIA

Comment

DENMARK

Comment

ESTONIA

Comment

FINLAND

Comment

FRANCE

Comment

GEORGIA

Comment

GERMANY

Comment

GREECE

Comment

HUNGARY

Comment

ICELAND

Comment

IRELAND

Comment

ISRAEL

Comment

ITALY

Comment

Working...
                                                  X