Pretty Little Liars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Little Liars

retty Little Liars is an ABC Family network television series based on the Pretty Little Liars series of novels by Sara Shepard that premiered on June 8, 2010.[1] The series follows the lives of four girls — Spencer, Hanna, Aria, and Emily — whose clique falls apart after the disappearance of their queen bee, Alison. One year later, they begin receiving messages from someone using the name "A" who threatens to expose their secrets — including long-hidden ones they thought only Alison knew.[
    Main characters

Aria Montgomery (Lucy Hale) moves back to Rosewood after a year's absence in Europe with her family, which consists of her mother, father, and younger brother. On her first day back, after dropping her brother off at school, Aria decides to visit a bar, where she meets a man who she instantly has a connection with, and begins a love affair with. The following day, on her first day back at school, she realizes that the man she fell for is her English teacher, and soon the whole class realizes the connection. Aria first gets a message from "A" during class, involving the affair between Aria and her teacher. Aria's father and mother are also on a rocky marriage, especially since her father was having an affair before their move to Europe, though Aria's mother is still unaware of that fact. Aria and Alison found out while walking home to find Aria's father's car parked in secret and him kissing another woman.

Hanna Marin (Ashley Benson) becomes the Queen Bee after Alison's disappearance, and distances herself from the others to gain popularity. When she was younger, she was fat, and had become more slim to fit in with the stereotypes and become popular, and Alison usually reminded her to limit her food from time to time, causing a strained friendship. At the Rosewood Mall, Hanna steals a pair of sunglasses and presumably gets away with it, until later that night when the police come to her house and interrupt dinner with her mother, and soon the two are taken to the police station where Hanna's mother tells her she will sort it out. Later, her mother is seen kissing the police officer before taking him to her bed.

Spencer Hastings (Troian Bellisario) is the smart and intelligent one, who reserves herself in books. When her sister and her sister's boyfriend move in after their house is being renovated, Spencer is forced to give up her hard work on her loft that she created from scratch, and after good behaviour and promises by her parents, Spencer was to move in, but her sister stopped her plans, causing a sibling rivalry. Spencer also finds herself increasingly attracted to her sister's boyfriend, who "A" warns not to kiss or she will tell. Through a flashback, we see Spencer once kissed one of her sister's past boyfriends. At the sleepover where Alison is last seen alive, Spencer had woken before the others and had already looked around for Alison and returned when Aria, Hanna and Emily woke.

Emily Fields (Shay Mitchell) is an athletic and competitive swimmer, who is introduced as the jock-type. Her mother tells her to introduce the new neighbours, who have now occupied the house Alison's family lived in before the family fell apart. Emily meets Maya, who asks for help with boxes, and in her room they discuss boyfriends while Maya introduces Emily to weed. Emily and Maya soon grow closer, and share a slight kiss when Emily walks Maya home the following day. A message from "A" depicts Emily as to be curious about her sexuality, after having kissed Alison beforehand also.
    Big.Big.Booty.

A saw the trailer for this a few weeks ago and it looks interesting but i don't know if it's a show i would watch!
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I'm downloading the pilot, looks interesting!
      I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

OMG loved it! can't wait to see what happens throughout the season, should be interesting!

Comment

Interesting, indeed!

The story is intriguing and scandalous with all the "hidden" stuff they do.. affairs, smoking weed, lesbian sexual tension, crimes! I didn't expect it to be quite "dark".

The plot isn't that original with all the secret messages that reminds me of Gossip Girl and some other scary flicks.. but I I like it!

"I'm still here, bitches, and I know everything. - A"

Comment

I downloaded the pilot and i have to agree with everybody here! The story is really mysterious and interesting!
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

This show will be the death of Gossip Girl.
              The pilot was brilliant

PS. I just realised that new girl Mya is Kendra off Buffy! She looks young for 30!

Comment

OMG at the Jenna Thing.. I mean the second episode! The last part is a shocker!

Emily is so obvious now about her feelings with the new girl! It's the first episode where all their BFs were shown. I still think Mr. Fitz is the hottest! The cheating fiance with the accent is hot too!

Exciting. Can't wait for the third episode!

Comment

I've just seen the first two episodes and I love this show!
                  It's so dark and creepy! I'm really looking forward to see how this all will work out.

Emily reminds me of a younger Nicole Scherzinger and Spencer of Vanessa Carlton LOL.
                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by BanZai
                    Emily reminds me of a younger Nicole Scherzinger and Spencer of Vanessa Carlton LOL.
                    Yeah.. probably because they have similar ethnicity. They're both half-Filipino. There is actually an actress here that looks exactly like Emily!

Spencer does look like Vanessa Carlton in some angles!

Comment

I want more of this show. Can't someone just leak the whole season on the net? :(

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                        I want more of this show. Can't someone just leak the whole season on the net? :(
                        Haha! I know right!
                        I've been very dissapointed with all the shows that were cancelled this season, but I think this is a very nice replacement.
                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Kinda excited to watch this! I might download the pilot.
                          Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

Loved episode #3
                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

This is actually based on a series of books, one of which I've read. It was a fantastic book for a teenage novel, which isn't really something I should admit to enjoy, but ah well.

I might consider giving this a go, but I know what I'm like - I'll critise everything that the show erases from the book.
                              The alternative to the real world.

Comment

What happened to that scene where Spencer caught Jenna talking to the phone and overhearing her instructing someone to send the message?

Loved the third episode.. it's getting more exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by xtofer
                                  What happened to that scene where Spencer caught Jenna talking to the phone and overhearing her instructing someone to send the message?
                                  I know, they totally forgot it happened

Comment

^ Yeah. I guess Spencer is keeping it as her 'secret'.. gaaa, these girls and their secrets!

Oh, and Emily and the girl's making out and the pictures at the end.. whoa!

Mr. Fitz is so hot.. and that guy with the British accent and the way he says "Spen-saah"

Comment

Originally posted by Merci
                                      Originally posted by xtofer
                                      I know, they totally forgot it happened
                                      She didn't even mention it when the bushes were rustling, that's what made me laugh! Surely she realised that it could just be the blind girl spying, and she's not exactly a threat

The ending was quite horrible!

Comment

Oooh I was quite excited about this show. Now that my computer & ipod are back I'm gonna have to watch it!
                                        late.

Comment

it definately gets better as it goes on. the first episode was a bit ropey I think.

I can't believe the actress playing Alison is only 14! Mental. Weird seeing Holly Marie Combs playing a mother to a 16 year old too.
                                          Uk the only way

Comment

ABC Family has picked up 12 additional episodes of Pretty Little Liars, three weeks into the newcomer's promising freshman run. That brings the show's total first season order to 22 episodes. Pretty Little Liars launched as ABC Family’s No. 1 series debut ever. Based on the Harper Teen novels by Sara Shepard and produced by Alloy Entertainment and Warner Horizon, the hourlong series stars Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Holly Marie Combs, Lucy Hale, Ian Harding, Bianca Lawson, Laura Leighton, Chad Lowe, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse. I. Marlene King, Oliver Goldstick and Leslie Morgenstein executive produce. The shows airs every Tuesday night at 8pm on ABC Family.
                                            !
                                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I've watched the first three episodes. This is amazing. The atmosphere reminds me of 'The Vampire Diaries' so much and the characters are great. I love seeing the old chubby Hannah, so cute with her cookies. <3
                                                I'm so glad they've picked this up for 12 more episodes, but how will they continue this once the mystery is solved? Will they drag it on through many seasons, finish the show once it is solved in this season, or continue the show once the mystery is solved?
                                                late.

Comment

Episode 4 was another good one!
                                                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X