No announcement yet.

Squid Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colbie's right. As someone who's a fan of anime, I like both dubs and subs and can switch between both pretty easily. As for reading subtitles, you just gotta read a little bit faster than usual.

Comment

Yeah as an anime fan myself I’m also used to reading subs but I never found it hindering to the experience. However the Squid Game dub made me want to turn it off

Comment

Just finished episode 6.

Good series but I feel it's a bit overhyped.I think without the hype I would have been much more impessed.

But ill make final judgments after the finale.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

It was a bit boring for me. Nothing fancy, I don't understand the big hype. 6/10
          Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

I’m glad I watched this before it became such a hype as I got to really enjoy it

Comment

Started to watch this last night as a rather random choice and it got me so much that I had to watch four episodes in a row A good sign, so far I'm really, really enjoying this. Also watching original Korean audio

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                Started to watch this last night as a rather random choice and it got me so much that I had to watch four episodes in a row A good sign, so far I'm really, really enjoying this. Also watching original Korean audio
                That's good to hear. You'll definitely like the next batch then.

Comment

In the end, I found this to be overhyped.

Some of the storyline was really boring and it felt like it lingered a lot. Outside the general concept, this show is fairly unremarkable.

Comment

We get some numbers in from a leaked data report:

https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...ta-1235091156/

132 million Netflix accounts have streamed at least two minutes of the show, 89% watched more than one episode and 66%(or 87 million) finished the entire series within the first 23 days of release. Also, Netflix paid $21.4 million for all 9 episodes, slightly less than the $24.1 million they paid for Dave Chappelle's newest stand-up special. They're also predicting that they'll make $891 million back in impact value.

Comment

Finished this series already yesterday, so I binged it over the weekend and after being really interested due to a strong start, overall I have to agree with bm08 that...

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      In the end, I found this to be overhyped.
                      Yes, it has tons of great parts. Yes, I think the acting is just outstanding. Yes, all characters end up being lovable despite their past or despite how they act every now and then. And yes, I really like the story. But at the same point, it drags on for way too much starting in the middle of the series and it keeps being like that until the final. They could've cut so many scenes in half and it wouldn't have lost something important at all. Also because of the hype and due to all the memes out there, I ended up being disappointed in basically all but the first game.

Despite the negative parts I'd still recommend this of course, but it simply isn't among the best series ever IMO.

Comment

I've been calling this Squid Games for the longest.

Anyway, this was wild and at times the violence was too much for me. Good series, though!
                        Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2021: [100-96]
                        Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2021: [Starting 12/22]
                        Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2021: [Starting 12/27]
                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Easy on Me [4 weeks]
                        AlbumClash 2.0: [ABBA vs. Adele]

She would stand around after she had set the table and listen to the family give, in unison, thanks to the long-haired man whose gaze always turned upward – probably because he couldn’t bear to see the havoc wreaked in his name.

Comment

Amazing show, the best Netflix show for sure. The marble and bridge episodes were amazingly shot and heartbreaking! The last episode was a bit meh though, and not THAT cute old man being one of the main instigators. I was stanning for him! Although I wished the north-Korean girl would have won it… that was sad!

The only points of critic for me center around the VIPs, the last episode and the whole police man storyline (bar giving us information about the whole thing what was the point? Maybe something for season 2 I guess).
                          Eudaimonia
                          Last.fm
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post
                            We get some numbers in from a leaked data report:

https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...ta-1235091156/

132 million Netflix accounts have streamed at least two minutes of the show, 89% watched more than one episode and 66%(or 87 million) finished the entire series within the first 23 days of release. Also, Netflix paid $21.4 million for all 9 episodes, slightly less than the $24.1 million they paid for Dave Chappelle's newest stand-up special. They're also predicting that they'll make $891 million back in impact value.
                            A return on investment of almost 4,100% - not bad.

Loved this, slightly underwhelmed by the final episode - though what a total plot twist with the old man, who I really loved throughout.

I found the scene where the two Korean women at the end with the marbles game who spent the 30 minutes of time mostly getting to know each other really touching - and from that point forward, I really wanted the remaining woman to win it. The episode with the glass bridge was insane.

Comment

Spoiler!

Comment

I watched this a few episodes at a time over last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Mesmerizing production design, very tense action, and written with biting social commentary. I called one of the twists (involving the Front Man's identity) though not the big reveal in the final episode. May have to watch it again to see if there were any clues.
                                She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

The only clue I could remember was when the fighting broke out in the contestants dorm that night and the Front Man stopped it right away when the old guy started shouting for it to stop.

Comment

This was fine, but too overhyped. Growing up watching a lot of East Asian movies of a similar genre, I have seen this concept so many times already but in much better forms. I commend the drama aspect though, Koreans are really good at that so they were able to perfectly combine that here.

Comment

The director was defiant about the end episode criticism - Non spoiler here

Comment

You know the show is already a cultural touchstone when the kids are mimicking it:

Comment

Some British schools also had to write to parents to ask them not to let their kids watch it as they were recreating the games in the playground I mean how dangerous can red light green light be at primary school?

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                            Some British schools also had to write to parents to ask them not to let their kids watch it as they were recreating the games in the playground I mean how dangerous can red light green light be at primary school?
                                            Um the school I went to? Very dangerous
                                            Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

looks like dressing up in that red jumpsuit thing was the biggest Halloween costume trend this year

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                                looks like dressing up in that red jumpsuit thing was the biggest Halloween costume trend this year
                                                Totally expected. Both guards and candidates are easy costumes to mimic and very recognisable, even to people who haven’t watched the show.

Comment

Squid Game's popularity is spilling over to another Netflix series in the same genre, this time it's Japan's Alice in Borderland:

Comment

No surprise. When Squid Game came out, I immediately thought of Alice In Borderland (which I started months ago, but never finished).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X