RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willow Pill is my fav from ep 2.

Her entrance look gave me early 00's Tara Reid, Paris Hilton and Mean Girls vibes.

Yeah, she seems like a messy queen, and I'm here for it, her twisted humor in that talent show was hillarious.
    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Underwhelming premiere. Kornbread and Willow are two clear standouts of this first bunch of queens, but I liked Bosco as well, even though her talent show was nothing special. Kerri made me excited when she talked about her number to RuPaul, but the actual thing was not interesting enough for me. For Alyssa I had high expectations bc she was one of my favorites based on her MTQ, but on this episode she was my biggest disappointment. June and Orion screamed filler queens and here they proved me right, but June was better on the lip sync and now I just hope she has a better chance to shine before leaving the show (BTW, thank God they decided to eliminate the queens even with split premieres!).

Let's see next week now.

Comment

It was a good premiere IMO, I liked that we saw different types of talents. I also completely agree with Orion going home, although they seem like a lovely queen.

I'm not quite on the Willow bandwagon, but I absolutely loved Kerri Colby's performance. IDK what the judges were on about, it was fierce af before she even got to her skipping rope. She was the easy winner for me, Kornbread second.

Boy Alyssa is also hot af, but definitely got a villain edit, so I'm hoping that turns around.
        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Am I the only one who thought Orion won the lipsync?
          Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
          'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

I really enjoyed the premiere.

Great first half of the cast, I actually liked them all. I kinda hate when someone enters the workroom and they already get these sounds... like when Orion entered, you knew exactly that she'll be an early out and she definitely was the weakest of the seven, so I wasn't surprised to see her go. Still, it was sad... she seems to be a very lovely person and she actually did well in the lipsync, June was just stronger.

June is giving me some LaLa Ri vibes aka lovely queen but probably another early out.

Kornbread was the clear winner of the first episode - what a star! Definitely frontrunner material right there.
            Willow is cute, I thought she was the second best in the episode.
            Not sure what to think of Bosco yet, she comes across as a bit too confident for my liking. I also didn't enjoy her Talent Show that much, we had way better similar performances in the past.

Still, overall the placements all made sense. Kerri looks STUNNING and also seems so lovely. However, she could've turned her talent show way more than she did.

It was also nice to have a photoshoot again... that plus Talent Show + best Drag runway = a fantastic way to get to know the queens, so I'm really excited for the second premiere now.

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
              I agree.

Oh, and I do not find Boy Alyssa attractive at all. Not my cup of tea. And I disliked her runway look. The makeup was like a weird combination of Yara and Coco. Montrese.
              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                She did
                You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Worst talent show ever
                  • Kornbread was the best of a very weak bunch but she ain’t no Silky Nutmeg Ganache
                  • Too bad the talent show was charisma, nerve and talent, but not uniqueness
                  • Not here for skinny Ross
                  • Here for Alyssa out of drag

Comment

Originally posted by hun View Post
                    • Worst talent show ever
                    Down Under?

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Down Under?
                      I only watch US and sometimes U.K.

Comment

I liked it but didn't love it. I'm kind of sick of the splitting the queens in half etc, I'd rather be overwhelmed with them all in episode one.

Saying that, I did like Kornbread. She was a bit of Silky mixed in with Mayhem and then performed like Ginger Minj in that one funny as hell lipsync she did in allstars.

I'm glad it's back and I'm glad the photoshoot was back, reminded me of ANTM.
                        "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Worst talent show ever
                          • Kornbread was the best of a very weak bunch but she ain’t no Silky Nutmeg Ganache
                          • Too bad the talent show was charisma, nerve and talent, but not uniqueness
                          • Not here for skinny Ross
                          • Here for Alyssa out of drag
                          I disagree with every single point

Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Good episode, though I would’ve preferred it there wasn’t an elimination right away.

Wish Orion had stayed some more, she seemed intriguing.

Current faves are Willow and Bosco.
                            last.fm

Comment

Thank all the gods ever created for that!!!!!

Kornbread was funny, gave other Queens their time, wasn't a mess, looking forward to see more of her.

Comment

Hating on Silky is so 2019

Comment

Wait, people actually think Orion should have won the lip sync?

Comment

Hating on Silky is so 2019
                                    If you think pulling food out of your clothing is a talent good for you

Looking forward to watching Kornbread this season.

Comment

Just watched the first episode. It was quite boring to me tbh. I dont think I like talent show episodes.

Quite a few of these new queens reminded me of other queens. I dont know if that is a good thing or not just yet. But maybe that played a part of it feeling boring to me.

I disagree with the lipsync winner.

I was thinking at the end of the episode there would be a twist

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

If you think pulling food out of your clothing is a talent good for you

Looking forward to watching Kornbread this season.
                                        Her act in the talent show was playing the piano.

Pulling items out of her bosoms is part of her entertaining lip syncs

Comment

honestly, pulling food out of clothing is quite the talent, id be super impressed if someone did that in front of me, don't even care where from. they could pull some Ben and jerrys phish food from their sock and id still be lovin it
                                          what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym View Post
                                            honestly, pulling food out of clothing is quite the talent, id be super impressed if someone did that in front of me, don't even care where from. they could pull some Ben and jerrys phish food from their sock and id still be lovin it
                                            I thought it was super funny/impressive the first time, the 5th not so much.

Differing opinions I guess.

Comment

She pulled a cookie out when she entered S11, and upgraded it to a cookie and a glass of milk when she entered AS6.

Then she pulled out an entire cocktail set during one lip-sync.

Haters spin this narrative that she overused the trick throughout her run.

Comment

Yeah Silky’s lip syncs would have been better with a death drop. I don’t think we’ve seen enough of them. That’s real talent.

Comment

I was never a huge Silky fan but she killed the majority of those lip syncs let's not lie and say she didn't. Even if I personally feel she had 1 too many gimmicks she deserved those wins
                                                  Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                                  'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

Happy insta-wednesday!

#1 (=) Kornbread Jeté - 135,839 (+68,982)
                                                    #2 (+2) Willow Pill - 107,706 (+58,297)
                                                    #3 (-1) Kerri Colby - 106,907 (+45,984)
                                                    #4 (+2) Bosco - 72,345 (+27,835)
                                                    #5 (-2) Jorgeous - 54,070 (+3,851)
                                                    #6 (-1) Maddy Morphosis - 52,800 (+5,608)
                                                    #7 (+1) Alyssa Hunter - 57,123 (+23,583)
                                                    #8 (-1) Daya Betty - 44,630 (+4,147)
                                                    #9 (+3) June Jambalaya - 40,077 (+15,503)
                                                    #10 (+4) Orion Story - 36,824 (+15,382; 13th/14th)
                                                    #11 (-2) Jasmine Kennedie - 35,190 (+3,081)
                                                    #12 (-2) Lady Camden - 30,202 (+2,932)
                                                    #13 (-2) Angeria Paris VanMichaels - 28,999 (+3,361)
                                                    #14 (-1) DeJa Skye - 26,700 (+2,905)

Compared to a week ago.

And... WOW! Some massive increases after the first split premiere.

Our winner Kornbread Jeté more than doubles her followers and also has the biggest increase of the week with nearly 69k new followers, bringing her total to an already respectable 135,8k.

Willow Pill owns the second biggest increase as she gains over 58k new followers. Going by percentage, her increase is actually the biggest compared to her total from a week ago. She also surpasses the 100k mark this week and rises to become the second most followed queen of the season for now.

Additionally, Kerri Colby gets nearly 46k new followers as the third biggest gainer and she's also the third queen to already surpass the 100k mark this week.

Bosco gets nearly 28k new followers, closely followed by Alyssa Hunter with 23,5k new followers.
                                                    The bottom two of the week also have the smallest increases and they're also near to each other, as both get around 15,5k new followers. I guess June definitely did better in the episode overall, but Orion gets a similar amount of followers due to an elimination boost.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X