RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    And... WOW! Some massive increases after the first split premiere.
    Was UK S2 the last time we saw such huge increases for queens from the franchise?
    Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time [2022 Edition: #95]
    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [4 weeks]
    AlbumClash 2.0: [Kendrick Lamar vs. Florence + the Machine]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Was UK S2 the last time we saw such huge increases for queens from the franchise?
      Yes, or maybe even since S13. UK and US are not easy to compare as UK queens usually have less followers going into a season and they usually reach less viewers as well.

Plus I was late doing these insta updates for S13 / UK S2 at the beginning.
      I think we can compare better once we reach episode 3 of S14.

Comment

I think it’s also because their numbers were very low to begin with

Comment

Jorgeous is gorgeous.

Comment

Maddy Morphosis has possibly the worst entrance outfit I’ve ever seen.

Comment

A solid second episode. I think this latter half of queens were stronger collectively, but Kornbread was the best overall across the two premieres, for me. Also, as much as I love Angeria, I felt Jasmine was actually the best in the talent show. Maybe there were too many strong dance performances for her to stand out.

I absolutely agree with the bottom two and absolutely agree with the eliminated queen. Very little riggory so far and I'm happy about it.

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

I found this second talent show a bit boring.

I only liked Angeria and Camden (and Maddy ). Rest was blah.

Comment

What a boring talent show.
                  Maddy’s runway look is upthere as one of the best ever.
                  Angeria screams Jaida Essence Hall.
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

This talent show was worse. Get rid of them.

Early favourite gone already. This is by far the most likeable cast they’ve had for years and it pains me that we have some going home so early and we had to put up with the season 13 cast for what felt like years. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                      Angeria screams Jaida Essence Hall.
                      Slightly less sharp, but yeah, the commonalities list is long.

Comment

Watched the two first episodes.

On the first episode I really enjoyed Kerri Colby, she looks like a star
                        Bosco gave me Sasha Velour vibes in a cheap version at first but I kind of liked her at the end of the episode.
                        Kornbread was fun but didn't deserve the win tbh. Her look was so unpolished...
                        Willow Pill ... well yeah

Second episode:
                        Jorgeous was the STAR for me Looking forward to see more of her, incredible.
                        Jasmine Kennedie was good too.
                        While I enjoyed Angeria Paris, I didn't think she would win the episode either.

Glad Daya Betty left because she was the weakest throughout the whole episode.

Deja Sky's lipsync was amazing

Comment

I don’t dislike anyone after two episodes. Actually excited to watch the next episode, last season was such a chore I never even watched the finale.

Comment

I like the Queens on this second episode a lot more. They seemed to have such great personalities and not trying as hard. I enjoyed this episode more than the first.

My big criticism is that there was too much lip syncing in the talent show. But perhaps they should just change the talent show into a lip sync showdown anyways. I still find the talent show to be so low energy and despite them saying it is to get to know the Queens, I really dont feel like I do anyways.

Alicia Keys was cute but was fairly reserved and low energy at times. I think they should choose celebrity judges who arent afraid to push the button and actually give funny and insightful critique. Perhaps use people like Alicia for Werk Room motivational messages as i thought that was a very nice moment she shared with the Queens.
                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

This second group of queens are way more fun to watch, and their talent show was better as well. But, somehow it feel like the first ep left a better mark than this one... anyway. Angeria, Jasmine and Lady Camden are my top3 of this ep.

Comment

The second group of queens was much, much worse. No one impressed me in the talent show. One of the worst episodes in a long time.
                                Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
                                  Kornbread was fun but didn't deserve the win tbh. Her look was so unpolished...
                                  Who do you think should have won E1?

Comment

Second batch of queens were really the worst, i'd get rid of them before eliminating the first 6.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Maddy’s talent show performance belongs to them same iconic category as Coco’s dance routine

Not sure why Angie won, we’ve seen it all before.

Comment

Really enjoyed the second episode.

Were they the best entrance looks? Nah, never.
                                        Was it the best talent show? Nah, not at all.
                                        But the cast is just so damn likeable! Similar to the first group I actually have a soft spot for them all.

Angeria is a star and such a clear winner of the second group.

Not mad at Daya leaving because she's probably the queen I enjoy the least from the cast so far.
                                        Going into S14 I had the least expectations on Jasmine and Deya so it was nice to see them getting some airtime, now I'm definitely excited to see what they bring in the future.

Jorgeous is so gorgeous, I think I'm having a crush
                                        Her, Angeria and Lady Camden are easily my faves of the second group. Add Kornbread, Willow and Kerri and these would be my Top6.​​​​​

The only thing of S14 that really annoys me so far is how production handles the Maddy situation. All the shady noises they play when another queen was talking about queer people etc. and then showing Maddy and just these little things ... I think we as queer people would know how it is to be outsiders so no idea why so many people from the fandom and apparently production as well acts like bullies towards Maddy now.

Comment

I agree that the cast is likeable. I hated the way Ru handled Maddy's situation.
                                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

I liked the show, I actually loved the runway of the firl who was saved (I don't know many names yet and was drinking).

Me and my friend both laughed at the big as hell hips but thought it was a beautiful look like a studio ghibli villain.

I'm glad the show is back and I agree, the cast is pretty likeable.

I didn't think Maddy was that great, she reminds me of Aiden Zhane.

Myself and my friend both eyerolled at it being an 'identify as straight' yet I think that had more to do with the huge influx of guys on grindr doing so and not a drag queen identifying as straight....
                                            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Happy insta-wednesday!

#1 (=) Kornbread Jeté - 155,523 (+19,684)
                                              #2 (=) Willow Pill - 125,284 (+17,578)
                                              #3 (=) Kerri Colby - 119,620 (+12,713)
                                              #4 (=) Bosco - 87,538 (+15,193)
                                              #5 (=) Jorgeous - 83,185 (+29,115)
                                              #6 (=) Maddy Morphosis - 75,811 (+23,011)
                                              #7 (=) Alyssa Hunter - 65,276 (+8,153)
                                              #8 (=) Daya Betty - 58,152 (+13,522; 13th/14th)
                                              #9 (+4) Angeria Paris VanMichaels - 51,397 (+22,398)
                                              #10 (-1) June Jambalaya - 45,569 (+5,492)
                                              #11 (=) Jasmine Kennedie - 45,319 (+10,129)
                                              #12 (-2) Orion Story - 43,092 (+6,268; 13th/14th)
                                              #13 (-1) Lady Camden - 40,379 (+10,177)
                                              #14 (=) DeJa Skye - 32,776 (+6,076)

Compared to a week ago.

First things first - the second group of queens had their premiere and their increases are much less than the ones for the first group. The first group went from 301,255 to 556,821 followers, which was an increase by 84.83%. The second group started with 272,591 and went to 387,019 followers, which is an increase by just 41.98%!

IMO, Angeria Paris VanMichaels was the undeniable star of the second episode and honestly, it's beyond my imagination why she only has the third biggest increase of the week and only less than 3k more new followers than Kornbread does this week. Despite that, she's still the biggest climber in the ranking, as she rises four spots and is the ninth most followed queen of the season now.

Kornbread, Willow and Kerri are still ahead with comfortable leads.

Jorgeous scores the biggest increase of the week with 29k new followers, followed by Maddy Morphosis with 23k new followers.

Comment

Thanks for the numbers Tansike…you wouldn’t happen to have the list of the most followed drag race queens of all time?
                                                "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

I admit I wrote this season off when I saw the intros... I was still somewhat over the show after the debacle of Down Under, and the last season of Drag Race which was... a bit tiring.

But this cast is so likeable thus far. I like both groups - some real interesting queens.

It's only 1 episode so far which means nothing yet, but Kornbread already seems like a star right out of the gate. Hope she keeps this level up.
                                                  And Willow won me over with her entrance look - her talent was nuts and I loved it
                                                  Bosco is gorgeous in drag with the cutest laugh
                                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Thx Tansike, love you for doing the statistics
                                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Tansike
                                                      Tansike commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Aw, thanks <3
                                                  Working...
                                                  X