Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Apprentice 2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The decision was very abrupt, but probably because it was the only logical choice to make. Congratulations to Harpreet - I’m over the moon that she won.

    Kathyrn really showed herself up IMO. She didn’t have a business plan, she just imports pyjamas from China and sells them at an expensive price. Yes, it’s a very classic example of entrepreneurship but the consumer shouldn’t know that.

    On that note, so many things from last week were just completely forgotten.

    Harpreet’s sister - not once mentioned. There was also a subtle hint that Harpreet doesn’t make the desserts herself - disappointing as she can clearly bake. But I guess she is the owner, not the cook.

    Kathryn designing her own pyjamas for the very first time in her life this episode, because she had already admitted that she has never designed them herself before as she just orders them from China. Again, that major detail was not mentioned at all and suddenly she was designing her own prints - no wonder she floundered.

    Navid had the potential to become a UKmix darling. A shame he went too soon, but everything he did or said in this episode was iconic enough.

    I’ve heard that Queen Shama was on ‘You’re Hired!’ so I should watch that.

    Comment


    • Harpreet was the only choice this episode. Like you said Hun, she got ripped apart last week and this week, crickets. In the end, she was a worthy winner.
      "What goes around comes back around my baby"

      Comment


      • It just goes to show that most of his "concerns" are overblown and unsubstantial to create tension for the viewers.

        Comment


        • I won’t lie, I’m tempted to order some of those cookie cups

          https://ohsoyum.co.uk
          Straight white men rule everything around me

          Comment


          • Both businesses weren’t great, but I feel like they can just give Harpreet the money and she can go away and get on with it. Where as Katherine had no clue. Why was she crying at that awful advert and jungle print designs are about as “on trend” as the word boujee.

            Also, why do they have to come up with names for their existing businesses …
            1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

            Comment


            • Harpreet’s business already has a huge turnover. Food will always sell, so opening a new branch elsewhere should, in theory, be profitable. Kathryn’s was too much of a gamble in the end - and I really don’t think she had a profitable business model at all.
              Straight white men rule everything around me

              Comment


              • I enjoyed the show overall but I do think it’s lost any credibility due to the candidates, the fake handling of business plans (from day 1) and the fake drama Sugar creates.

                Id love it if at least some of the candidates had some skill.
                "What goes around comes back around my baby"

                Comment


                • I don’t understand why they think the audience prefers to see candidates fail rather than succeed. I’m not saying make it easy, but don’t set them up to fail.
                  Straight white men rule everything around me

                  Comment


                  • Agreed.
                    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

                    Comment


                    • On This Morning, she confirmed what I suspected from last nights episode that two endings had been filmed like on Drag Race.
                      1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

                      Comment


                      • I love seeing them succeed and do well in the tasks. Really makes me smile.

                        Comment


                        • Good episode. Happy to see people succeed here.

                          Both businesses were quite frankly, a bore. Nothing about either of them was unique and the ideas seemed quite amateur.

                          This is my first time watching this show and it really needs to be reworked. The logical order of things is ridiculous. Why arent people given the opportunity to fix issues that are identified before final presentations and after communication from the other side of their team, for example?

                          Hopefully next season seems more true to what you may think happens in real life.

                          My favorite episode was the interviews.


                          Originally posted by hun View Post

                          Navid had the potential to become a UKmix darling. A shame he went too soon, but everything he did or said in this episode was iconic enough.
                          I found his antics to be out of place, out of touch and quite frankly inappropriate. The whole Cardi B sounds made my skin crawl coming from a non-Black person.

                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                            On This Morning, she confirmed what I suspected from last nights episode that two endings had been filmed like on Drag Race.
                            Which is silly from a business point of view, as interest will never be higher than it is now and she has nothing prepared without the investment.

                            I get it from a TV show perspective in terms of avoiding leaks but it just reinforces the idea that this is all done for TV and the business comes second.
                            Straight white men rule everything around me

                            Comment


                            • I agree I did not find Navid funny at all. It felt sooo forced like Laganja on drag race. The boy bye and Okurr where just uncomfortable.

                              Harpreets food looks beautiful. But 20 for 4 items seems quite expensive.

                              It was clear who was going to win from the beginning of the episode. She just has a better business. And Kathryn saying her pyjamas are affordable when to get the full set comes out close to 150 was a bit of a joke.
                              Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                              'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

                              Comment


                              • I’m glad Harpreet won, she was the best candidate and shone in the final. Sure her business is not unique or anything but she’s running it successfully so seems like a good investment.

                                But I agree the show is more for entertainment than a search for a good business partner/ investment. People seem to get fired for all the wrong reasons. Like when Aaron got fired for making bad baby food. Like how does that reflect on how successful someone will be as a business partner? For all we know someone could have had a great business plan and been fired in like week 4/5 or something for a small mistake.
                                "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                  Harpreets food looks beautiful. But 20 for 4 items seems quite expensive.
                                  It does, but 5 for a dessert isn’t massively over the top. I guess they’re trying for that bespoke, artisan vibe and you’d look to pay around 4 to 5 at like a farmer’s market for something similar. You’d be looking at the same price point for a loaf of bread too.
                                  Straight white men rule everything around me

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                                    It does, but 5 for a dessert isn’t massively over the top. I guess they’re trying for that bespoke, artisan vibe and you’d look to pay around 4 to 5 at like a farmer’s market for something similar. You’d be looking at the same price point for a loaf of bread too.
                                    You're right. The cheapo in me just seen 38 for 8 cupcakes and thought nah I'll just stick to Tesco
                                    Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                    'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

                                      You're right. The cheapo in me just seen 38 for 8 cupcakes and thought nah I'll just stick to Tesco
                                      38 then delivery on top!
                                      Straight white men rule everything around me

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                                        38 then delivery on top!
                                        I'll defo stick with Tesco
                                        Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                        'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

                                        Comment


                                        • I dunno if any of you guys watched the Australian Celebrity Apprentice that's been on BBC iPlayer, but I have to say it was a lot more enjoyable than this series, the tasks were more fun and interesting, and despite being celebrities (who I admit I mostly didn't know) it felt less scripted and more organic.
                                          1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                            I dunno if any of you guys watched the Australian Celebrity Apprentice that's been on BBC iPlayer, but I have to say it was a lot more enjoyable than this series, the tasks were more fun and interesting, and despite being celebrities (who I admit I mostly didn't know) it felt less scripted and more organic.
                                            Didn’t one of them get their friends and family to come buy their products so they’d win a task?
                                            Straight white men rule everything around me

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                                              Didn’t one of them get their friends and family to come buy their products so they’d win a task?
                                              Yes she did! She was caught out though and penalised!
                                              1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

                                              Comment


                                              • I'm torn with the Australian one. I feel like they edited the Veronica's as villains. But it was still an enjoyable series. ​​​​
                                                Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                                'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                                  I'm torn with the Australian one. I feel like they edited the Veronica's as villains. But it was still an enjoyable series. ​​​​
                                                  They did come across as pretty unlikable tbh! Martha was the one that pushed herself the most, she seemed like she couldn't really be bothered at the beginning but pushed herself more and more through the series and then ruined it at the end by saying it was all to further her own career. (which while I'm sure was a contributing factor for most of them, wasn't really the point!).
                                                  1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

                                                    They did come across as pretty unlikable tbh! Martha was the one that pushed herself the most, she seemed like she couldn't really be bothered at the beginning but pushed herself more and more through the series and then ruined it at the end by saying it was all to further her own career. (which while I'm sure was a contributing factor for most of them, wasn't really the point!).
                                                    I just feel like it was the wrong time for them to appear. Their mum was dying and they weren't fully 'in it'

                                                    I agree. They didn't come across well at points. It also had a knock on effect with their music I feel. They never regained the fans they lost due to their behaviour.

                                                    Yes I agree about Martha. I also agree that the task were a lot better than the UK version and it was also filmed during lock down wasn't it? So there really was no excuse for so many design tasks on the UK version.
                                                    Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                                    'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X