Drag Race Canada vs. The World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Her numbers are actually fine enough compared to her fellow Canadian sisters. But what currently hurts her are definitely the black face allegiations and the fact that she was already favored in her first season and people think it's the same yet again as honestly, she wasn't among the best queens this first episode. They could've read her for so much (her outfit in the challenge was BY FAR the worst - and she should know better for someone who says she's a legend). The dancing was off too (the only thing that was off for Silky this week, yet she was just safe so I assume that was the reason why they didn't put her in the top, but why Rita then?). Yes, she has the comedy, but many viewers - me included - don't feel it's coming across that genuine. Look at Ginger Minj for example, who SMASHED the lipsync on AS6 against Mayhem in an upbeat song but with a comedy routine, Rita didn't (or can't) do it the same way.
    Bleh on the Blackface stuff. The fandom got over it with Sharonne so maybe they'll give Rita a pass too. But bleh.

I agree that Silky had a fantastic runway presentation. Was happy to see the Twitter gays were living for it as well.
    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Kill Bill
    AlbumClash 2.0: [SZA vs. Sam Smith]

"These gays, they're trying to murder me."

Comment

• Have they got over it with Sharon? Pretty much all the comments I see around about how awful she is.
      Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
      'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
        Have they got over it with Sharon? Pretty much all the comments I see around about how awful she is.
        sharonne from spain i think, not sharon
        what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post

sharonne from spain i think, not sharon
          Ah of course. Thank you. I confused my racists.

Comment

• Welp, that reading mini-challenge was bleak. Thankfully, the Snatch Game was better, but not by too much. Ra'Jah and Icesis as the top two was fair judging, though I do think Ra'Jah marginally outclassed Icesis in the lip-sync. It might've been Icesis's outfit that got her the win there.

The right queen was sent home.

Oh, sweet of Justin Trudeau to pop in. I was very much here for Icesis hitting on him on his way out.

Comment

• I’m gonna say it. Victoria is insufferable. And how dare she be the first one to do my beloved Kim Woodburn and do her like that.

Pretty meh episode. They need to stop hating on my Anita.

Comment

• Just watched snatch games. First time I’ve ever seen anything from the Canada series.

silky playing herself on snatch. Game again! Legends only

Comment

• Oh, I forgot to mention that Vanity was great! I felt she deserved to be in the top over Victoria.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                    Oh, I forgot to mention that Vanity was great! I felt she deserved to be in the top over Victoria.
                    Victoria definitely wasn’t in the Top - I read it as 4 in the bottom?

The reading challenge was so bad! The snatch game was only a little better although no one was terrible - Ra’jah & Icesis were the clear tops.

Stephanie had her time and rightly left but I thought Rajah won the lip sync.

Another incredible runway - Silky is serving!
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                      Victoria definitely wasn’t in the Top - I read it as 4 in the bottom?

The reading challenge was so bad! The snatch game was only a little better although no one was terrible - Ra’jah & Icesis were the clear tops.

Stephanie had her time and rightly left but I thought Rajah won the lip sync.

Another incredible runway - Silky is serving!
                      Ah, the fandom Wiki page has it as four in the bottom, too. Guess I'm just so accustomed to three highs. Oh, well. Vanity's a high in my book.

I'd also agree that Ra'Jah won the lip-sync, but the show wanted more Canadian on Canadian violence for storyline purposes and Icesis was close enough for light rigga morris to make it so.

Comment

• Finally watched the 1st episode and excited to see snatch game.
                        Proceed with Caution

Comment

• I loved Ra'jah during snatch game. I just couldn't understand her ​​​​​​

Silky done silky again. Expected lol.

Vanity was great. As was Icesis.

I am wanting Anita to bring it so much. She's one of my fav queen's from any season. I hope she smashes the ball.

I feel like it was Stephanies time to go. Even if her runways have been beautiful. I just wasn't ready for Anita to go.

Comment

• Really surprised Icesis sent Stephanie home, but very please Anita stayed. But if Anita doesn’t kill it next week it’ll be game over. She’s been terrible across the last two episodes and is just filler at this point - she’s shown nothing to make us think she’s on the same level as some of the other queens.

Overall a terrible episode. They’re lucky they got Justin to pop in during this episode because the whole thing was just flatlining (aside from Icesis). By the end I didn’t even care about the runway.

Victoria isn’t as much fun as I thought she’d be. I don’t know if she’s feeling intimidated by it all (maybe she feels like she hasn’t earned her place, having left her season so early?) She’s very quiet and timid. To her credit her runways are polished but there’s nothing behind it.

Maybe Vanity can lend her a dose of confidence? Because Vanity has it by the bucketful and then some this season

I think this season belongs to Icesis. I can’t see her going bottom two and compared to some queens, she’s in a totally different league. She’s not acting like she has something to prove, she’s just doing what she does and letting her talent speak for itself.
                            I have a bad feeling about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                              I think this season belongs to Icesis. I can’t see her going bottom two and compared to some queens, she’s in a totally different league. She’s not acting like she has something to prove, she’s just doing what she does and letting her talent speak for itself.
                              That's the thing about Icesis. She's been doing drag for long enough (16 years I believe she said) that she's comfortable and confident in her craft. Check her banter with the judges on the runway. She feels very much at home this season and rigga morris is the only obstacle between her and a second crown. And maybe Ra'Jah, too, who I feel is the second-best queen competing this season and not far off from Icesis at full strength.

Comment

• Yeah I’m here for Icesis, such an all rounder. And she’s going to kill the ball next week. Loving Rajah and Rita too.

Not feeling the UK queens, feels like they have such chips on their shoulders. Lighten up.
                                LJC--->>

Comment

• I didn’t like/get the hype around Victoria scone on her first showing but I love her as ‘narrator’ this season. Her Kim Woodburn was the best impression of my legend I’ve seen but also the easiest attempt.

I love this show as I don’t know who Icesis is (didn’t watch her season). She’s great though. Anita, I never ever got the hype around other than he seems nice and quirky but she’s not actually very good.

Vanity hasn’t had the ‘glow up’ for me that everyone seems to rave about. The entrance wig was loose at the back just like a costume shop piece and ‘dirty rice’ was not a thing. She probably has the best chance of making an impact though.

One queen I couldn’t stand was Rajah but she has been funny as hell and immaculate. She reminds me so much of Porsha Williams.

Silky will always be my fave regardless of how she do.

It’s weird AF Brooklyn judging them but she’s leaning into knowing some of them which makes it much more comfortable.

Im glad Kendall has gone, her big emphasis on being pretty and fishy was jarring to me because she really presents as very masculine.

"What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• icesis is not playing like UK Vs the world, she isnt doing friends, only track record
                                    what's going on?

Comment

• Uk vs the world didn't exactly do it friendly they literally got rid of their biggest competition. Its smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                        Uk vs the world didn't exactly do it friendly they literally got rid of their biggest competition. Its smart.
                                        i felt the worst thing about uk vs was that no one felt they could get rid of jujubee because they all thought she deserved to be there no matter how rubbish she was doing. icesis doesn't seem afraid to cut anyone if your track record isn't up to scratch. the gals better start getting in the top, if they don't want the chop
                                        what's going on?

Comment

• why does this say 2023 in the title
                                          what's going on?

Comment

• Rajah and Silky are my least favorites so far, wish they chose other queens from USA. I’d have enjoyed it way more

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
                                              why does this say 2023 in the title
                                              Now it doesn't.

Comment

• Episode two was roughhhhhh... Thank God, the runway and lippy were there to save the episode. I absolutely loved the lip-synch to 'Sk8er Boi', so much energy, so much fun.

I dare say poor Anita is probably on the way out next week, as a ball is not going to be her thing.

Ra'jah for the win.
                                                Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Ra'Jah is giving me a lot of Mo Heart UKvsTW energy. I don't like her that much this season yet even though I was looking forward to her so much. I actually like Silky the most so far and hope she can get the redemption she deserves and maybe even makes it all the way.

I'd also root for Icesis but I just don't see her winning the crown. Once in the bottom she'll be gone - unless there'll be a queen voting who will do it fairly. But I just don't see most of them keeping her (Rita and Victoria especially).

The second episode was WILD and reading through this topic + the internet it seems like everyone has different opinions about it. Personally I've seen Vanity & Rita being the worst especially with runway included. But they'd never risk such an early elimination for Rita and Vanity just won. Icesis truly destroyed the runway and was by far also the best in the Snatch Game. I also thought she won the lipsync, my eyes were on hers the whole time, so I watched the lipsync a second time just to see if I missed some things from Ra'Jah but nope, Icesis won for me.

Poor Stephanie, the Asian Snatch Game curse strikes again! Her runway though, the second best of the night behind Icesis, woah! A shame we won't get to see more from her, but honestly, the challenges were already her downfall in her season. She seems just to be a runway queen or doesn't know how to put her brand in the challenges yet. Maybe we'll see her on a Canadian All Stars season at some point (surely this will happen at one point). With that being said, her Snatch Game wasn't *that* bad IMO and there were worse.

Anita's Snatch Game was rough, but she still had a few jokes in there. And her runway looked beautiful. But yes, she's the next to go as the next episode will be the Ball challenge. Would've loved to see her in a comedy acting challenge and slay that, but so far she's not giving on the same level as everybody else. I hope this won't hurt her reputation.

I don't really like Rita and Victoria so far. Though the latter serves on the runway.

Will Icesis and Ra'Jah win again next week? High expectations on them both with the Ball.

Comment

• brooke lynn hytes looks like michael cena
                                                    what's going on?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X