No announcement yet.

Eurovision Song Contest 2023 - 13th May - Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I don’t hate the Belgian entry, it’s quite early 90s. But I hate his outfit, it cheapens the whole thing.
    1 Majestic |2 Sub Focus |3 Cristoph |4 Subwoolfer |5 Rudimental

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
      Well I don’t hate the Belgian entry, it’s quite early 90s. But I hate his outfit, it cheapens the whole thing.
      He Boy Georged the whole thing
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• the way Gustaph's other song sounded like a Will Young album track from 10 years ago. Iconic

Comment

• Helsinki 2024 BOP !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nost View Post

Helsinki 2024 BOP !!!
            Fans love it, i am not 100% sure it won't crash and burn live but fingers crossed for it being great live.

Comment

• Finland is great - very different and exciting! It’s a definite contender if the staging is done right.
              You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Don't know if Finland is really great, or really bad
                People will go nuts for the live stage though!

Comment

Helsinki 2024 BOP !!!
                  I love it! It's so addictive and unique. But honestly, i think it will be the banger that will not win the Finnish national final like Cicciolina and Ram pam pam.... maybe it won't be good live.. who knows! But I do believe if it wins and represents Finland, it will smash the televoting in Eurovision!

Finland has a collection of really good songs, just like many fans I'm also impressed by the quality.

Comment

• Surprisingly, i like this one from Norway:

It's very Kpop style (which is not my genre) but it's very entertaining and the beat is cool.

Originally posted by Frederic View Post

They don’t but they receive VRT so our Walloon friends are able to watch as well as vote.
                    I doubt they bothered to watch it and vote

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

It's very Kpop style (which is not my genre) but it's very entertaining and the beat is cool.
                        the beat really reminds me of ...

i mean, they really try to cosplay k-pop, but it's a bit messy as of now

Comment

Another disappointing year for the Denmark. They used to have stronger songs in their national selection in the past but the last few years it's been really weak, especially compared to their neighbours.

My favourite is EYJAA with the Nordic nostalgic sound

Reminds me of Iceland 2022. EYJAA are actually sisters (like the 2022 Icelandic group) and they are half Icelandic half Danish!

Comment

• O Jardim pink-haired girlie Claudia Pascoal decided to return to the Festival Da Cancao, this time with a self-penned upbeat folksy song, but I am afraid the portuguese Taylor Swift that is Barbara Tinoco may be the one to beat

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

Another disappointing year for the Denmark. They used to have stronger songs in their national selection in the past but the last few years it's been really weak, especially compared to their neighbours.

My favourite is EYJAA with the Nordic nostalgic sound

Reminds me of Iceland 2022. EYJAA are actually sisters (like the 2022 Icelandic group) and they are half Icelandic half Danish!

that tiktoker Reiley has a pretty well-produced Nordic pop/Melodifestivalen (Felix Sandman-like) type of a song which is going to be 100% butchered live

Comment

• Claudia Pascoal’s song is amazing!! Would be great if that represented Portugal. That other folk lady sounds so replaceable. Nasci Mulher already sounds iconic.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

O Jardim pink-haired girlie Claudia Pascoal decided to return to the Festival Da Cancao, this time with a self-penned upbeat folksy song, but I am afraid the portuguese Taylor Swift that is Barbara Tinoco may be the one to beat

Barbara's 2020 FdC song was better IMO.

I like Ai Coração:

Comment

• Hmm FdC is a little disappointing to me after the first listen. Some songs feel a little underproduced (but that's normal at this point) and the songs that do sound interesting lack an interesting hook or something else that catches you.
                                    Too Much Sauce starts off really interesting and the verses are great and then it just gets completely destroyed by its awful chorus.

I'm surprised that I'm liking Barbara's track as it's very Taylor Swift, but that one is a good example for underproduced/needs more instruments etc. I feel like she is not going to win though despite being a huge star in Portugal.

Endless World is cool, Sapatos de Cimento is kinda stuck in my head but Portuguese people won't choose that one.
                                    Both Bandeiras and Nasci Maria have an interesting production, but don't grab me as much I would like them to.
                                    Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• There's a rumour that Gladiator is one of the songs considered to represent Poland:

At this stage, it is not know whether there will be a national final or just an internal selection...

Comment

• my fdc favourite at the moment, reminds me of Inercia from fdc 2019, what a beautiful instrumental

Comment

• Norway:

A fan favourite from last year, Elsie Bay, performed a few hours ago and qualified to the final. Loving the staging concept of her performance, unsure about her styling. She missed some notes so I think that's what she needs to pay attention to in the final.

Comment

• CHA CHA CHA SMASH HIT !

Comment

• https://tvmnews.mt/news/aidan-cassar...bSnMZQm2Tb_e_E

On twitter it says that the biggest Maltese site reports that Aidan (Maltese selection) is disqualified

Comment

CHA CHA CHA SMASH HIT !
                                                ChaChaCha over a million already. SMASH!

Comment

• From reddit:

Ben Mawson from TaP music (management in charge of finding the UK act) confirms in (since deleted) insta comments that they haven’t decided on the song yet and it’s not Frankenstein by Rina Sawayama (as many people have speculated)

Last edited by greek_boy; Wed January 25, 2023, 00:26.

Comment

https://tvmnews.mt/news/aidan-cassar...bSnMZQm2Tb_e_E

On twitter it says that the biggest Maltese site reports that Aidan (Maltese selection) is disqualified
                                                    Yeah, apparently he breached the festival's regulations https://newsbook.com.mt/en/aidan-boo...-contest-2023/

Honestly, I couldn't care much as he didn't have a good song this year. I think it's a pity he didn't win last year though as he clearly had the best song in the national final. Having said that, I don't understand the hysteria around his name within the Eurovision fan community.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X