• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dahmer [New Ryan Murphy TV series]

September 21st on NETFLIX
    It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Evan will get all those big awards

Comment

Ryan Murphy really does seem to have a very select pool of actors he chooses from.

Comment

I’m looking forward to this but Ryan Murphy’s production looks the same in every series and he’s way OTT. His latest stuff has felt very manufactured (The Politician - even though I liked it)
        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I’m on episode 3. I wish he’d create a linear series for once.

Comment

I‘ll start with episode 1 and will progess slowly. The topic is hard to digest imo.

Is it bearable?

I could do every AHS season with no problem but since this is based on true horrific events… I better tap into it with caution.

Comment

Reading about the victims, the 14 year old in particular made me so sad. I'm not sure if I can stomach watching this. It was hard enough watching American Crime Story season 2, first half especially.

I'll probably end up watching this eventually though.

Comment

I’ve watched the first two episodes and it’s really well done, I find this kinda stuff really interesting in the most awful way.

Even Peters is doing a great job emulating him.

Comment

It’s very slow paced and jumps between multiple timelines in a single episode, but it’s pretty good so far. Nothing has made me wince so far.

Comment

Originally posted by hun View Post
                    It’s very slow paced and jumps between multiple timelines in a single episode, but it’s pretty good so far. Nothing has made me wince so far.
                    I was gripped by the first episode, I didn’t realise it was a Ryan Murphy series but if it starts doing his usual style, backwards and forwards, all over the place, it’s gonna irritate me! I did wonder why they first episode seemed to be the end of the story.
                    1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I was gripped by the first episode, I didn’t realise it was a Ryan Murphy series but if it starts doing his usual style, backwards and forwards, all over the place, it’s gonna irritate me! I did wonder why they first episode seemed to be the end of the story.
                      That’s exactly what it does

Comment

It feels like they’re kinda making him into a sympathetic character

Comment

Murphy sure knows how to portray heroines

Lana Winters, Sister Jude, Marcia Clarke, now Glenda Cleveland

Comment

Evan is an excellent actor!

Comment

SPOILERS a little bit:

Finished it now. Hated pretty much all the white people involved in this - his father is atrocious and the racist, corrupt cops are the worst thing in the world. Nothing makes me angrier than crimes occurring due to crooked cops and then them getting away with it.

There was no follow up to the disgusting cops making those phone calls. I hope that part was fictitious and Murphy added it in for drama because I’d hate to think they got away with that too.

Evan did a good job, but I’ve seen him so much that I just couldn’t see past him as Evan playing another role. I think I’ve seen him kiss more boys than girls.

I liked Glenda at first but her holier than thou attitude got tired by episode 8.

Decent series though.

Comment

Watched the first episode now and it was super intense tbh. I was so relieved when that man escaped

Comment

I just watched the first episode and I think it was well done.

I’ve read and seen multiple stuff about the Jeffrey Dahmer case before. I’m familiar with this case for YEARS as it’s one of those things you can’t believe it actually happened. I’ve read biographies, seen all kind of documentaries, Jeffrey himself interviews done while in Prison, I’ve seen the actual trial online, even graphic real pictures from the crime scene as well as leaked victims photos from his camera. . . And I could tell the first episode was so accurate based on the info that is out there, that victim Tracy Edwards was so brave, he escaped and because of him Jeffrey was caught up by Police … Everything that they showed on first episode was detailed and described by both Tracy and Jeffrey .. even actual lines such as the part when Jeffrey said Tracy [Spoiler Alert]: He wanted to hear his heartbeats because he wanted to eat his heart … the way the police discovered him, all was detailed and described when events came out and the first episode captured everything … because it’s a Netflix show many people might think they were mixing some fiction into it … but the scary part is that everything that happened on the first episode was completely real.

This case always haunted me and I always felt so sorry for Jeffrey’s dad.
                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Have watched the first three up to now, really enjoying it and not finding the time shifts as jarring as usual! Evan Peters is doing a great portrayal.

The stuff with the 14 year old was awful, those bloody useless police. I was half expecting a similar situation with the guy from the first episode.

Comment

Evan deserved all the awards for this and a theraphy!

The show is so disturbing but can’t stop watching it.
                                      BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                      YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Originally posted by hun View Post
                                        It feels like they’re kinda making him into a sympathetic character
                                        Felt the same.

Also I am sorry but Evan is too fine looking in this. That snatched body and ass

The epsiode with the deaf guy and the 14 yo old boy broke me though
                                        DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

Netflix Removes LGBTQ Tag From ‘Dahmer’ Series After Viewers Protest

Netflix has taken an “LGBTQ” tag off of its true-crime series Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story after an outcry from viewers.

The tag was one of several categories initially used to categorize the limited series about the serial killer from Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan, along with labels like “dark,” “horror” and “vintage crime.” Viewers noticed and raised objections online: “Anyone else think it’s pretty gross of Netflix to list Dahmer under LGBTQ, especially when the True Crime tag would have worked?” read one representative tweet.

A well viewed TikTok video expressed a similar sentiment, noting that the show is “not the representation we’re looking for.” Netflix subsequently removed the category tag.

The Hollywood Reporter has asked Netflix for comment.

Dahmer was gay, as were a number of his victims, but Netflix typically uses the LGBTQ tag for titles that reflect more rounded experiences in the LGBTQ community, among them Uncoupled, Sex Education and Heartstopper. As of Wednesday afternoon, Monster was listed under “crime,” “ominous,” “psychological” and “horror.”

The series has also been criticized by a survivor of one of the victims. In an essay for Insider, Rita Isbell — the sister of Errol Lindsey, whom Dahmer murdered in 1991 — wrote that “it bothered me” to see her victim impact statement from the killer’s 1992 trial dramatized in the show.

“I could even understand it if they gave some of the money to the victims’ children.… The victims have children and grandchildren,” Isbell wrote. “If the show benefited them in some way, it wouldn’t feel so harsh and careless. It’s sad that they’re just making money off of this tragedy. That’s just greed.”

Dahmer – Monster was Netflix’s most popular series for the week of Sept. 19-25 (it debuted Sept. 21). The streamer said its subscribers worldwide spent more than 196 million hours watching the show during its premiere week.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...sh-1235229535/

Comment

Episode 6 great episode
                                            BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                            YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Can we talk about those two cops who let boy go back to Dahmer? What the actual f*ck?

There were no consequences whatsoever.
                                              "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Now I have to watch the documentary about that other serial killer who was referred to in the last episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo View Post
                                                  Can we talk about those two cops who let boy go back to Dahmer? What the actual f*ck?

There were no consequences whatsoever.
                                                  Even though the series is very accurate it still has a small % of fiction for certain parts. The story about the two cops letting the boy back into the killer’s apartment is disturbingly true … but in real life those two cops were fired.

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Working...
                                                  X