Neighbours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by king_oxymoron

Was she the one married to Jim and was Hannahs nanny?
    Helen was Jim's mother-in-law!!!

She was the mother of his first wife who died in childbirth having Lucy...

I have some really really old Neighbours books from when I was much younger that I don't want anymore. If anyone wants them, give me a shout over PM/MSN.

Comment

How big is Lynne getting!?
      You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

Originally posted by philruck
        I remember when Valda thought Harold was gay, but somehow they managed to go through the whole storyline without saying the word gay
        I saw that...wasn't she saying somethinh like TJ Hooker type????
        Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

I'm actually quite amazed at the popularity of this show, around the world. To be honest, I find it to be extremely boring.
          Baaaaad relationship??
          The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

^^^ LMAO.

I wish there were more younger people in the show. Less of Lyn and her hideous husband and that stuck up idiot Carl and his Susan.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzikritik
              I'm actually quite amazed at the popularity of this show, around the world. To be honest, I find it to be extremely boring.
              What ever happened to Kiwi Neighbours - Shortland Street.

Just for the record, I don't watch Neighbours but I think it beats Home & Away hands down.
              She don't like that kind of behaviour.
              So thrown down your guns,
              Don't be so reckless.

Comment

Wow - i'm truly amazed at the amount of replies - this is great - keep it up guys!

Anyhow my favourite charachter would have to be Rick Alesi - and also Lisa Elliot. There are loads that i've liked over the years but those 2 would have to be my all time favourites.

As of those i've liked well Gabby was pretty cool, Darcy was good, as was Paco and Stonefish. You gotta love Angie though - surprised so many have found her annoying!

There have been loads i've depised over the years - i wasn't really the biggest fan of Charlene to be honest! I think everyone hated Danni Stark at one point or another - Marlene was another iritant old bat in all! Libby's quite a pain too - never liked her. Hannah was seriously annoying in her early days too - guess she must have got that from Julie!

I think one of the best storylines would have to be the whole disapearance and re-union thing between Harold and Madge - thanks to Helen of course. It was sad to see Helen go - she was the longest survivor of any of the original cast - over 12 years she went on for - unfortunately of course the actress who played her sadly died shortly after she left the show.

Other good storlyines include Jim's death (and the way she just stood there and watched him die) and also of course you gotta include Sarah and Karl's affair - one of the mose explosive storylines of all time in Neighbours.

Anyhow that's just a few thoughts for the mean time - more to come though.

Comment

I'm amazed you remember Charlene, Deadman.

Weren't you like a baby/toddler at the time?

Comment

Yeah i was very young...i didn't actually watch it at the time - I've seen it since.

Comment

Originally posted by BadRapture
                      What ever happened to Kiwi Neighbours - Shortland Street.
                      Still goin strong!! It's 11 years old now. And it's not really a Neighbours... a lot more edgy, dramatic, exciting and interesting than that!!
                      Baaaaad relationship??

Comment

OMG Harold mentioned Melanie today - she used to crack me up, anyone remember her laugh?

Comment

Speaking of Charlene (Kylie Minogue), remember...

Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan)?
                          Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis)?
                          Henry Michell (Craig McLachlan)?
                          Beth Brennan (Natalie Imbruglia)?

All of whom had "hit songs" ;) HAHAHAHA

Cool sites I found:

http://www.erinsborough.com/characters/
                          List of all the characters - best thing is it orders them all by the year they joined, which is interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/neighbours/whoswho/
                          Official Neighbours site with pictures and information about all the characters past and present

Comment

Just to clariffy Neighbours is around 5 weeks up in Australia from the U.K. and about the same sort of time ahead in Europe. There used to be a time in which in the U.K. every single day of the year Neighbours would be shows - Christmas day, Boxing Day, Bank Holidays, Easter etc etc but from previous years that i can remember its been taken of for all the Bank Holidays, National (Festival and Religious) holidays, for Wimbeldon and sometimes for other sporting occassions. But i don't mind all that much - sometimes you can do with the break. Though even in Australia it missed a few weeks or so while it changed to Channel 10 last year - and also it ain't shown every single day of the year over there anymore either.

Comment

^ Changed to Channel 10 last year? Erm, you might not have your facts quite straight there (or I'm misreading what you're saying), it's been going on Channel 10 here for about a decade or so! It originally was on Channel 7, then Channel 10 got the rights to it and they've had it ever since....
                              Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

Sorry let me explain myself. When it was sifrst shown back in 1985 it started on a Terrestrial channel. I can't remember which but pretty soon it changed to Channel 7. After since there has not been any open bidding for the soap and has always remained withing Channel 7 - until they decided to give it the boot and Channel 10 took over. Then for about 6 years they have had it but then the Australian Television Watchdog insisted as that it was a registered trademark of Grundy Television it had to have open bids from other Networks for the rights to screen it. I.e basically as it is owned by a production company and not an outright channel (like say Eastenders is to the BBC) there had to be open bidding for it. Now what i'm saying is that last year while (or possibly early this year) while the new screening rights were taking place it was off the air for about 2 or 3 weeks or so - can't remember the exact time. Anyway i misworded what i said - i didn't mean it changed networks, it kept its network but of course it did change its time slot - and that's what i meant - while it changed to 6:30 P.M. - sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking this Edwina looks like a complete moron and needs to shut her mouth and stop sticking out her tongue all the time? :evil:

Comment

Damn it was so far back i can't even remember what Edwina looked like! Though as Taj said about Karma "What Goes Around Comes Around" - Nina's just getting a bit of her own treatment. ;-)

Jack is a true player though!

Comment

Err yeah anyway a few replies to some of the other points.

Firstly how comes everyone takes such joy in Todd's death...it was great wasn't it? Haha - nah that's bad!

How can you not like Angie Aneta - you just gotta love her! She's great - i know at times she seems a bit "Over The Top" but she's got a heart of gold - truly great person.

Just looking at some of the comparisons over the years - at say the then school gang(s) and what it is now with most of them being involved a lopt more in sexual storylines - i.e. Jack, Lori, Taj, Nina etc etc... - or is that just the inevibility taking place with the advancement in the modern world?

Also some of the other charachters that were slightly annoying over the years - Rosemary - oh boy! And sheesh ain't Lyn just the most annoying cow ever - i just hate her - its thanks to her Darcy's gone! And he was one of the best charchters in years. Also another legendry charachter is Toadie - i think he's been going in the soap for about 6 years as hard as that is to believe - the longest runner behind Harold and Lou.

Though some era's have completely disappeaed - the Robinsons and the Ramsay's who were 2 of the 3 families who started off in the soap right at the very beginning have completely disappeared - now taken the place of by Kennedy's mainly and soon coming up the Scully's.

And boy looking back over the years at some of the jokers that lived in number 30 - and all the different property around Erinsbrough - The Coffee Shop, The Pub, Lassiters etc etc

Damn this is emtoional stuff!

Comment

I love Neighbours but at the moment Home & Away is kicking ass. The Dee storyline just failed to capture any emotiona dn how annoying was that bay blues thing yesterday ? However I can see this Jack-Nina getting quite hot !!
                                        Ollie - The Christmas EP
                                        www.myspace.com/olliegoulding

Comment

Home And Away just doesn't even come close to Neighbours! They're not even in the same league!

Comment

Originally posted by Deadman
                                            Home And Away just doesn't even come close to Neighbours! They're not even in the same league!
                                            What he said!

Comment

Though as Taj said about Karma "What Goes Around Comes Around" - Nina's just getting a bit of her own treatment. ;-)
                                              I didn't watch it back then, I started watching this as Jack and Nina were together. Did she "steal" him in the Edwina manner or something?

Comment

Well you're right about dat. H & A ain't dat great and it's still lightyears ahead of Neighbours!
                                                Baaaaad relationship??

Comment

Ok I wasn't really watching then either but I think Nina was going out with Taj and Jack was going out with Lori and then Jack and Nina had an affair and were shunned by the whole street...

How good is the Delta/Neighbours song thing? It's cool they way today she was singing Innocent eyes and it was related to how her character was feeling.

The idea sounds so cheesy but it's Neighbours it just works!!!!

He's just a neighbour lol!

Comment

I actually have to say that both H&A and Neighbours are quite interesting here right now, but I won't say anything cos we're way ahead of you guys and that would be spoiling the upcoming storylines!

And just for the record, I hated Edwina too!
                                                    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

Shut up Muzikritik!

Originally posted by aneta
                                                      Though as Taj said about Karma "What Goes Around Comes Around" - Nina's just getting a bit of her own treatment. ;-)
                                                      I didn't watch it back then, I started watching this as Jack and Nina were together. Did she "steal" him in the Edwina manner or something?
                                                      Exactly true. Taj and Nina were dating and then Nina had an affair with Jack (his best mate) and evntually dumped Taj for him.

So i take it you saw the episode when Jack and Edwina slepy together then Skelofect?

Oh and Virgostar i'll try not to ruin it for you as i'm a fair way ahead of you and that would be ruining the storylines...or i might tell you actually if i catch you on MSN...

Comment

Booo for Jack. :x

Tears for Nina

Poo for Lyn :evil:

Yay for Home and Away
                                                        Ollie - The Christmas EP

Comment

How can you boo Jack?!?!?

Comment

He could have waited for Nina until she was ready. Now he messes her around

No one messes around with Delta and gets away with it.

He didn't have to wait that long. Couldn't he just keep Mr. Winky in his cage for the time being ?
                                                            Ollie - The Christmas EP

Comment

Yeah he's such a loser for doing that. I mean, purlease, for that monkey Edwina? Yuk!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X