Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I mean I worked that bit out

But how, and why, when 001 was clearly looking for a way out too?

Also, is 001 Eleven’s father? It was implied the rest all came from him…
    008 can project images in people's mind. I think she said that's what she done and escaped. 001 had the chip in his neck meaning he couldn't use his powers or leave.

I never thought about him being their dads. I just thought 'papa' somehow found a way to harvest his powers and pass them on to others in a way. In my head it was via blood but thinking about it that doesn't sound right
    Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
    'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• I’m guessing we all think Will is gay and in love with Mike?
      Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
        I’m guessing we all think Will is gay and in love with Mike?
        For sure. Don't know why though. Mike is insufferable.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• So based on the fact season four is not the last and there’s a fifth still to shoot, I’m guessing 001 is not the main big bad of the whole thing.
            Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• ‘Stranger Things’ Fans Spot Hints That Vecna Has Been Around Since Series 1

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...ocialflowFBCOS
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                ‘Stranger Things’ Fans Spot Hints That Vecna Has Been Around Since Series 1

I don’t buy it.

Vecna isn’t kidnapping people in S4 so why would he take Will in S1? Will’s storyline has always been about the Mind Flayer, and Vecna’s thus far has been about killing people in order to a) grow stronger and b) open numerous gates.

In S1 the Demigorgons were sent out to bring people into the Upside Down (Will, Barb etc) with Will somehow escaping until he was recaptured and impregnated by the vines (and thus connecting to the hive).

S2 was about the Mind Flayer building a physical presence in Hawkins and possessing Will to protect itself, then S3 was all about taking revenge on Eleven.

This is why I don’t like Vecna - he’s inconsistent with the storyline already being told and feels very much like an idea they had after S3 wrapped. S4 is great but I just feel like if Vecna was the next step in the Mind Flayer’s evolution (e.g. an attempt to personify themselves) it would have felt more organic.

My best guess right now is they’ll defeat Vecna but after Vecna and the flying Demidactals invade Hawkins. I feel like more of the adult characters might end up getting involved in S5 as a result - Hopper is going to need his band of police guys etc.

To be honest I can see something random happening like the Mind Flayer taking possession of Mike in order to setup a Mike vs Eleven S5 storyline. The stakes wouldn’t be high enough if it was Will again, but Will might show some character growth if he has to try fighting for Mike too (being in love with him and everything). I’m pretty sure that guy has some residual insight he isn’t aware of yet - maybe he can control the hive?

But I don’t think Steve is long for this world, sadly, though him being eaten half to death could be a fakeout for Jonathan dying (he’s utterly pointless this season thus far). I think there’ll be a big death in S4P2 and I’m not ready.
                Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                  ‘Stranger Things’ Fans Spot Hints That Vecna Has Been Around Since Series 1

I was expecting an interesting article about some suspicious little details we might have missed… and all they mentioned was a clock chime at two occasions? That’s it??
                  Btw, I started rewatching Season 1 now and I didn’t even notice the apparently oh-so-similar clock chime upon Will‘s disappearance. Was it even really the same sound or rather just a clock chime that they are now building upon?

Don‘t get me wrong, it could very well be that they had this storyline planned since the beginning - but that article was such a letdown for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                    I was expecting an interesting article about some suspicious little details we might have missed… and all they mentioned was a clock chime at two occasions? That’s it??
                    Btw, I started rewatching Season 1 now and I didn’t even notice the apparently oh-so-similar clock chime upon Will‘s disappearance. Was it even really the same sound or rather just a clock chime that they are now building upon?

Don‘t get me wrong, it could very well be that they had this storyline planned since the beginning - but that article was such a letdown for me.
                    Different clock. A better theory that I’ve seen is that when Will was in the shed, something opened the door using the handle - which isn’t consistent with what we know about Demigorgons. But there’s a lot of inconsistencies, like how the Demigorgons repeatedly opened and closed a gate in Joyce’s house
                    Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Also, what’s going on with the date and time in the Upside Down? They’ve deliberately stopped it at a certain point - maybe, somehow, Barb isn’t dead yet if it predates her arrival?

It wouldn’t surprise me if this thing was a multiverse and the Upside Down in S4 is different to the one we’ve been dealing with. The Russians probably created the one in S1/2/3 and Eleven created the one in S4?

It would be absolutely typical for Dr Papa to have Eleven looking in the wrong universe for 001
                      Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• It could definitely be that there are more than one upside downs and that Vecna‘s isn’t the same as the Mind Flayer’s. In fact, the stopped/delayed time is something we‘ve only seen in Vecna‘s realm. Castle Byers existed in Season one‘s upside down, so obviously that one matched present time.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                          It could definitely be that there are more than one upside downs and that Vecna‘s isn’t the same as the Mind Flayer’s. In fact, the stopped/delayed time is something we‘ve only seen in Vecna‘s realm. Castle Byers existed in Season one‘s upside down, so obviously that one matched present time.
                          Thinking about it, we haven’t been into the Upside Down itself since S1, have we? Vecna’s UD is set in 1983, same time period as S1, so Castle Byers should appear in that one too.

M Just give me S4P2 so I can figure this all out
                          Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• I’ve decided Kate Bush deserves another big moment in Part Two: I want to see a montage of the kids all running through a forest in the Upside Down away from demons to ‘Hounds of Love’ - ‘It’s in the trees, it’s coming!’
                            Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• ^ I'd love them to find a way of slipping in 'Get Out of My House'.

My favourite season was the one about Will in the Upside Down (Season 1 I think) but need to rewatch them, the latest season is pretty good so far but I want to find out more about the Upside Down i.e. it's origins, if there are more dimensions, why time has stood still etc...
                              My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• is s4 the last season of ST?
                                what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
                                  is s4 the last season of ST?
                                  No, there will be a 5th season which will be the last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                    For sure. Don't know why though. Mike is insufferable.
                                    Steve would make a lot more sense.
                                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#58]
                                    Akini's Favourite Films: [50-46]
                                    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [6 weeks]
                                    AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Ari Lennox vs. Rina Sawayama]

Yeah, they smile to your face and Prop-8 you in the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Steve would make a lot more sense.
                                      Yessss Steve

Comment

• I am so behind everything, I have actually just started watching Season 2 last night.

But better late than never…

What seasons are the best thus far?
                                        It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                          I am so behind everything, I have actually just started watching Season 2 last night.

It just keeps getting better and better.
                                          Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                            I am so behind everything, I have actually just started watching Season 2 last night.

it's just been consistently good, its kinda one long plot
                                            what's going on?

Comment

• So I‘ll keep on watching then.

Winona Ryder was a bit of a dramatic mess in Season 1 but she grew on me very quickly.

Really like „The Evolution of Nancy“ from dangerously naive to straightforward badass. her progression was really fun to watch.
                                              It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

• Incorrect. Season 1 was phenomenal. S2 was very good. S3 was a slump. S4 is on par with S2

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason2379 View Post
                                                  Incorrect. Season 1 was phenomenal. S2 was very good. S3 was a slump. S4 is on par with S2
                                                  No. Season one was the weakest by far. Season two brought world building, season three brought the comedy and season four brings the backstory.

I’d call it a fun show actually, despite the content, but season one was just bleak - it’s very singular and isolated in its storytelling and drama. But with season two they really go for it - and the higher the stakes, the more fun the show seems to become.
                                                  Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                    X