Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stranger Things

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Liked the pacing of the season better than 1 & 2, but I thought most of the characters were completely over the top (except Steve & Robin). Most were caricatures more than anything else (especially hopper). Still a fun little show, especially if you grew up in this period.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
      Liked the pacing of the season better than 1 & 2, but I thought most of the characters were completely over the top (except Steve & Robin). Most were caricatures more than anything else (especially hopper). Still a fun little show, especially if you grew up in this period.
      Hopper is amazing! They created a white male character that could have been predictable and boring but made him very real and human and lovable.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
        Hopper is amazing! They created a white male character that could have been predictable and boring but made him very real and human and lovable.
        I would agree with that for seasons 1 & 2, his character is just a little over the top for me in season 3.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by grooveboy View Post
          Millie has returned to form
          She's so annoying IMO — my least favorite character.
          Haven't been early since '88

          Comment


          • Dusty-Bun and Suzie-Poo singing 'A Neverending Story' is sooo cute...

            My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
              Liked the pacing of the season better than 1 & 2, but I thought most of the characters were completely over the top (except Steve & Robin). Most were caricatures more than anything else (especially hopper). Still a fun little show, especially if you grew up in this period.
              I feel the same. The pacing was good, rarely a dull moment, but a lot of things / characters were so over the top this season. At times I felt like watching a spoof of the show. Disagree about Steve and Robin, they had their fair share of over the top moments, too.

              Comment


              • Sorry, double post. That quick reply button acting up...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                  I feel the same. The pacing was good, rarely a dull moment, but a lot of things / characters were so over the top this season. At times I felt like watching a spoof of the show. Disagree about Steve and Robin, they had their fair share of over the top moments, too.
                  Agreed that the entire production was a bit far-flung in many ways. Steve and Robin came the closest to actually being relatable characters (especially among the adults) IMO. I don't know if they changed writers or what, but the tone was definitely different. Somehow there was a lot going on without much going on for the characters, it was kind of spoof like as you said.

                  Comment


                  • This was definitely my least favourite season. I just felt it boring and the characters did seem OTT and a little bit cringe

                    Comment


                    • To me the over-everything about the characters really show that they are young teenagers.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                        To me the over-everything about the characters really show that they are young teenagers.
                        But the adults were just as over the top in many scenes, so to me it just felt as if the writers/directors got a little exuberant this time around. Definitely had a more silly overall feel than the first two seasons.
                        Curious to see if the fourth season will continue in this direction. I mean, all things considered, it's still a great show, but I definitely liked season three the least so far.

                        Comment


                        • Started watching it last night, I was excited for it back in 2016 but trailer looked boring so I gave up. I watched first 2 episodes and I'm in love. Can't wait to see more in next few days.

                          Kids are all amazing actors.

                          Comment


                          • 5 episodes in and Lucas is the most annoying character ever, I can't stand him.

                            Comment


                            • Dustin is very cute.

                              And i'd totally take Steve.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

                              Comment


                              • I just saw this: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...es-for-netflix

                                Over 40 million household accounts have watched the first episode of season 3 during its first four days; over 18 million even watched the whole season 3 during its first four days. These are incredible viewing figures

                                Comment


                                • Started watching S2 last night, am I the only one thinking 'I wish Will was dead because I liked the trio + Eleven more than when there are 4 boys!'?

                                  Comment


                                  • Edit
                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                      Started watching S2 last night, am I the only one thinking 'I wish Will was dead because I liked the trio + Eleven more than when there are 4 boys!'?
                                      Yeah you're the only one.
                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                      Comment


                                      • This was definitely the funniest and most entertaining season. I can't wait for the next one. I love this show.
                                        Gone.

                                        Comment


                                        • I'm on 2x04, and yeah Will ruined show for me. I don't like him at all. He is boring. Season is going nowhere so far.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                            I'm on 2x04, and yeah Will ruined show for me. I don't like him at all. He is boring. Season is going nowhere so far.
                                            Try to pull through. The 2nd season was the least good IMO, but it picks up. And than there is season 3 which is pure delight from start to finish!

                                            Comment


                                            • Yeah, I don't like S2 at all.

                                              Will is dull, basic kid, from any other horror movie...

                                              But season overall suffers the same fate as DH S2, relies too much on previous season. I hoped S2 would've had story of its own.

                                              Watching episode 6 right now, and the best part of the season were Dustin and Steve

                                              Comment


                                              • I liked season 2 other than the random away from Hawkins ep which I think might be ep 7 so good luck with that ep lol. Season 3 is much better
                                                Love you like a love song!

                                                Comment


                                                • Well, IMO Noah Schnapp who portrays Will saved S2 from complete disaster. I think he played his role brilliantly giving the mediocre story that was going on

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                                    I liked season 2 other than the random away from Hawkins ep which I think might be ep 7 so good luck with that ep lol. Season 3 is much better
                                                    Tbh that episode was refreshing because Will wasn't in it

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Why do you dislike Will's character so much?

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                        Why do you dislike Will's character so much?
                                                        He ruined dynamics of the show and kids and their friendship from S1.

                                                        Everything revolves too much around him, charachter is very bland, there's nothing likeable or charismatic about him.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by grooveboy View Post
                                                          Well, IMO Noah Schnapp who portrays Will saved S2 from complete disaster. I think he played his role brilliantly giving the mediocre story that was going on
                                                          I actually agree. I don't quite get the hate lol
                                                          Love you like a love song!

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Last 2 episodes of S2 were great, finally they all worked together

                                                            3x01 was, a choice. It was enjoyable, but it was like watching whole other show.

                                                            And how come kids grew up so fast?? They are not those kids from S1 that I loved so much.

                                                            Mike went from being my fave in S1 to being so rude in 3x01...

                                                            Poor Steve, from IT girl to this, Nancy ruined him

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                              Last 2 episodes of S2 were great, finally they all worked together

                                                              3x01 was, a choice. It was enjoyable, but it was like watching whole other show.

                                                              And how come kids grew up so fast?? They are not those kids from S1 that I loved so much.

                                                              Mike went from being my fave in S1 to being so rude in 3x01...

                                                              Poor Steve, from IT girl to this, Nancy ruined him
                                                              Um season 3 Steve is the best Steve. Closely followed by dad steve
                                                              Love you like a love song!

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X