Stranger Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
    I love it that because of the show Running Up that Hill is charting all over the world and Kate Bush is trending on twitter in the US.
    Happens when you have flawless discography Kate deserves all the recognition.

Comment

• The last fifteen minutes of episode 7 really blew my ******* mind.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The power this show has.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
          The last fifteen minutes of episode 7 really blew my ******* mind.
          you could hear the jaws dropping everywhere!

Comment

• Netflix France had a post saying that back in season 2, Joyce told Will’s bday was on March 22nd. The camera during the roller disco scene shows that it’s March 22nd, 1986… Poor Will, nobody is thinking about his birthday.

Comment

• After the initial excitement , I'm beginning to see some other things I wasn't comfortable with, like how glossy a lot of things looked, like on the first 2 seasons even the 3rd things looked the way things were back in the day, I was very taken with how accurate everything was, you know what I mean? , now this season things felt like...most things were given a shine over and some stuff seemed like new versus old, but I think it has more to do with cinematography than actual things or set props. Also, some of the shots felt award try-hard wanting to be iconic imho.

Comment

Netflix France had a post saying that back in season 2, Joyce told Will’s bday was on March 22nd. The camera during the roller disco scene shows that it’s March 22nd, 1986… Poor Will, nobody is thinking about his birthday.
                https://www.vulture.com/2022/06/stranger-things-creators-forgot-will-birthday.html

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                  After the initial excitement , I'm beginning to see some other things I wasn't comfortable with, like how glossy a lot of things looked, like on the first 2 seasons even the 3rd things looked the way things were back in the day, I was very taken with how accurate everything was, you know what I mean? , now this season things felt like...most things were given a shine over and some stuff seemed like new versus old, but I think it has more to do with cinematography than actual things or set props. Also, some of the shots felt award try-hard wanting to be iconic imho.
                  Fully disagree I feel like we are watching different shows. I'm rewatching series 4 and I see none of that. I feel like the shots just were iconic. Like Max running to running up that hill. It was just so beautifully shot. I don't feel like they have to try to be iconic. They are just that good that it is iconic
                  Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                  'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• Decent first half of the season, though I must admit that I'm not really a fan of the horror elements of this series and I feel my age watching some of the adolescent dialogue and drama play out.
                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#58]
                    Akini's Favourite Films: [50-46]
                    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [6 weeks]
                    AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Ari Lennox vs. Rina Sawayama]

Yeah, they smile to your face and Prop-8 you in the back.

Comment

• I enjoyed all storylines except for Eleven being in the lab with the other kids, they should have shortened that part a bit.

Comment

• The only storyline I found useless was the Russia part.

Comment

The only storyline I found useless was the Russia part.
                          Same. I mean we basically knew right away how it would end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
                            I enjoyed all storylines except for Eleven being in the lab with the other kids, they should have shortened that part a bit.
                            I loved that storyline. But I agree that it ended up being a bit drawn out and repetitive.

The Russia storyline was the most boring one to me. They managed to make that pretty uneventful for the most part - and then those bits where something did happen where too exaggerated.

Comment

• I really like this season so far! A huge improvement from S3 and probably on par with S2 for me. (I doubt S1 will be matched). Really loving the horror element this time round and Vecna is by far the best big bad they’ve had!

Comment

• I started to watch Series 1 of this and tbh I turned it off after half an episode as I really didnt like it.

Can I just watch Season 5 without watching the rest and is it still about kids ?
                                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  I started to watch Series 1 of this and tbh I turned it off after half an episode as I really didnt like it.

Can I just watch Season 5 without watching the rest and is it still about kids ?
                                  I really think you should try and stick with it. It honestly just gets better and better.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Ugh I'm so hyped. I feel like the final two episodes will be soooo epic!!

Comment

• Spoiler!

Comment

• So I’ve just finished episode seven. I enjoyed all season four except the payoff - I’d already guessed the guy was 001 so no big surprise. I’m a tad confused by the timeline and I dislike the ‘Eleven has amnesia’ plot to make it all work.

I swear that back in season one we saw Eleven open the gate when she found and touched the Demigorgon in the void? I’m guessing now that what we saw then was Papa guy trying to find out where Eleven sent 001? But Eleven conveniently can’t remember anything from before that?

I’m a bit confused over who the actual bad guys are at this point too - 001? The Mind Flayer?
                                          Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Artoo
                                            Spoiler!

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                              Artoo
                                              Spoiler!
                                              Thanks for this.

The show was released almost two weeks ago so I’m not using spoiler tags.

I did wonder if Eleven/001 were creating The Upside Down but I don’t think so. Dustin also theorised that Vecna is probably a general of the Mind Flayer, and I think we can trust Dustin.

My biggest issue with this then is the Mind Flayer seemed to be learning about humanity over the previous three seasons, and has always had it out for Eleven - which makes sense if it’s 001, but why would 001 need to learn about humans when he was one?

It’s possible Dustin has it backwards and the Mind Flayer is the general for 001, but why wouldn’t 001 then teach it everything he knew?

Then if they just happen to be two separate evils living in the same land, surely we’d have had some crossover by now? I actually thought the Mind Flayer was the viney demon initially, having created a body now it had learnt from humans across the previous seasons. The Mind Flayer has been trying to get into our world since the very start so I just don’t understand why he hasn’t used 001 until now.

It’s all a bit confusing

I know we’ve only seen half a season so I’m okay with not having answers, but I am going to need them to clarify what is going on! I just feel like it 001 has been in the Upside Down all along, it’s pretty poor to only introduce him now.
                                              Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Also, how did 008 escape/get out of Hawkins Lab, if 001 killed them all?
                                                Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                                  Also, how did 008 escape/get out of Hawkins Lab, if 001 killed them all?
                                                  She escaped before it happened I think

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

She escaped before it happened I think
                                                    I mean I worked that bit out

But how, and why, when 001 was clearly looking for a way out too?

Also, is 001 Eleven’s father? It was implied the rest all came from him…
                                                    Exsqueeze me!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X