Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lion King [2019]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    Scar doesn’t look right. He just looks like a normal lion. Where’s his black mane?
    Yeah especially that dark-maned lion actually exists in the wild.

    Anyway, I'm just happy that they increased the color saturation so that it doesn't look like a National Geographic documentary anymore.

    Comment


    • Yes that's a fact which annoys me as well. Even with a darker mane it would've been realistic. It didn't even have to look like a wig like in the animation
      MY INSTAGRAM


      Free Amazon Vouchers

      Comment


      • whinge whinge whinge

        Lion king the music is like a cash cow that is milked every 3 years in most regions.


        This movie will be fine
        Forever Young

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GetBack View Post
          The problem with Disney remakes is that almost everything was done too soon. I mean, it's not like the case of A Star Is Born, where the remakes are done in different generations. There is a different appreciation for each version.
          Cinderella is was done 65 years after the animation. Dumbo is 78 years later. Peteís Dragon was 39 years later, Maleficent was 55 years later. Even Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty and The Beast are roughly 25 years after the initial movies.

          In comparison, A Star Is Born has 3 remakes, with the first two roughly 20 years after the previous version. Only the recent Gaga version had the longest gap, and thatís because of issues getting it off the ground a decade earlier, and partly because the Streisand version was hugely successful.
          M08T10

          Comment


          • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
            Cinderella is was done 65 years after the animation. Dumbo is 78 years later. Pete’s Dragon was 39 years later, Maleficent was 55 years later. Even Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty and The Beast are roughly 25 years after the initial movies.

            In comparison, A Star Is Born has 3 remakes, with the first two roughly 20 years after the previous version. Only the recent Gaga version had the longest gap, and that’s because of issues getting it off the ground a decade earlier, and partly because the Streisand version was hugely successful.
            Took the words out of my mouth... I'm sure one can find a LOT of faults with the Disney remakes, but saying they have been done "too soon" makes no sense.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
              Cinderella is was done 65 years after the animation. Dumbo is 78 years later. Pete’s Dragon was 39 years later, Maleficent was 55 years later. Even Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty and The Beast are roughly 25 years after the initial movies.

              In comparison, A Star Is Born has 3 remakes, with the first two roughly 20 years after the previous version. Only the recent Gaga version had the longest gap, and that’s because of issues getting it off the ground a decade earlier, and partly because the Streisand version was hugely successful.
              I meant to say that almost all the "live-action" remakes came out at the same time. I mean, why can't Disney just continue to come out with new stories on film? They're doing amazing with all the new Disney classics like Coco, Moana, and Frozen, they could just create new ones rather than try to resurrect the old classics.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                I meant to say that almost all the "live-action" remakes came out at the same time. I mean, why can't Disney just continue to come out with new stories on film? They're doing amazing with all the new Disney classics like Coco, Moana, and Frozen, they could just create new ones rather than try to resurrect the old classics.
                Well, that's not what you wrote. And they ARE doing new stories aside from the remakes. If you look at the entire history of their "original" animated movies, there's always been at least 1-2 year gaps inbetween. Most recently we had Zootopia and Moana (2016), then "Ralph breaks the internet" (2018) and this year we'll get "Toy Story 4" and "Frozen 2" - granted, those are sequels, but I'm pretty sure 2020 will bring something brandnew again.

                Yes, we are currently being flooded with "live-action" remakes of their classics, but I'm not sure what leads you to think that they stopped doing original stuff in parallel.

                Comment


                • 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                  Comment


                  • MY INSTAGRAM


                    Free Amazon Vouchers

                    Comment


                    • Wrong move that they're hyping the A-list voice talents, really? Kids don't even care about that.

                      It should be about the movie. I hope they do all the songs justice. I wonder how they will top Timon and Pumbaa and that "Circle of Life" scene.

                      Comment


                      • Kids don't read Entertainment Weekly either..
                        MY INSTAGRAM


                        Free Amazon Vouchers

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                          Kids don't read Entertainment Weekly either..
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                            Kids don't read Entertainment Weekly either..
                            Do you even get the point? The hyping of the A-list cast is not only in Entertainment Weekly. Have you seen how the roll out for this is like? They are making it to be like the animated version of Black Panther with a 'stellar' cast, etc. They are obviously invested in winning back the ones who watched this 20 years ago rather than appeal to kids today, which was the real focus of making Disney films.
                            Last edited by GetBack; Fri April 26th, 2019, 13:34.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                              Do you even get the point? The hyping of the A-list cast is not only in Entertainment Weekly. Have you seen how the roll out for this is like? They are making it to be like the animated version of Black Panther with a 'stellar' cast, etc. They are obviously invested in winning back the ones who watched this 20 years ago rather than appeal to kids today, which was the real focus of making Disney films.
                              Disney movies have always been targeted to the whole family, not just the kids. This is the remake of a beloved classic... what exactly do you expect them to focus on, if not the cast and the visuals? Everything else is already well known.
                              I really don't get the Black Panther comparison, either. So random.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                Disney movies have always been targeted to the whole family, not just the kids. This is the remake of a beloved classic... what exactly do you expect them to focus on, if not the cast and the visuals? Everything else is already well known.
                                I really don't get the Black Panther comparison, either. So random.
                                The comparison comes from the main cast being black, you know...GetBack and the issue of black people...
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                Comment


                                • Funny thing also is, that he quotes me to say "How do you know if I read it as a kid?" when I got my notification, just to edit his post to this mess a good 45 minutes later
                                  MY INSTAGRAM


                                  Free Amazon Vouchers

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                    Well, that's not what you wrote. And they ARE doing new stories aside from the remakes. If you look at the entire history of their "original" animated movies, there's always been at least 1-2 year gaps inbetween. Most recently we had Zootopia and Moana (2016), then "Ralph breaks the internet" (2018) and this year we'll get "Toy Story 4" and "Frozen 2" - granted, those are sequels, but I'm pretty sure 2020 will bring something brandnew again.

                                    Yes, we are currently being flooded with "live-action" remakes of their classics, but I'm not sure what leads you to think that they stopped doing original stuff in parallel.
                                    Toy Story 4 is a Pixar release, not part of the same Disney canon. I know Disney own and distribute Pixar productions, but Toy Story and Coco are technically from a different studio to Frozen and Moana (which are part of the Disney Animated Studios). A distinction many never make but a slightly annoyance of mine
                                    M08T10

                                    Comment


                                    • Iíd like to see the remake top this:
                                      Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                                      All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

                                      Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

                                      Comment




                                      • 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                        Comment


                                        • Hope this becomes a hit. The new trailer is critically panned since the new voice actors didn't meet the expectations of the original fans. Chiwetel is getting bashed and scrutinized for being a weak Scar just like how Will Smith is being treated for his weak Genie portrayal.

                                          Comment


                                          • Hope this becomes a hit. The new trailer is critically panned since the new voice actors didn't meet the expectations of the original fans. Chiwetel is getting bashed and scrutinized for being a weak Scar just like how Will Smith is being treated for his weak Genie portrayal.

                                            Comment












                                            • 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                              Comment


                                              • I think it would be mediocre at best.. But I am very interested in music - if Zimmer will just recycle his old score or he will compose sth new..
                                                Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

                                                Comment


                                                • MY INSTAGRAM


                                                  Free Amazon Vouchers

                                                  Comment


                                                  • MY INSTAGRAM


                                                    Free Amazon Vouchers

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X