• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by toxicALIENS
    If they fcking white wash this I will be so angry

Mulan is a bit underrated tho IMO so hopefully this gives it a reinassance
    I heard that they're holding auditions for CHINESE actresses this month
    In all seriousness, I hope they cast Japanese ones this time. Though it's not really a Disney movie, I really cannot forgive Chinese actresses dominating Memoirs of a Geisha (Japan) in 2005. :(

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
      Originally posted by biscuits
      Originally posted by toxicALIENS
      If they fcking white wash this I will be so angry

Mulan is a bit underrated tho IMO so hopefully this gives it a reinassance
      I heard that they're holding auditions for CHINESE actresses this month
      In all seriousness, I hope they cast Japanese ones this time. Though it's not really a Disney movie, I really cannot forgive Chinese actresses dominating Memoirs of a Geisha (Japan) in 2005. :(
      But this is set in China, not Japan

Comment

If this ends up as another Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or House of Flying Daggers kind of movie, it would be so bad! :-? :-?

Comment

I like the original animated verison, and it could work out to be a great adaptation. There's scope for some really epic sequences - especially the "Huns on the Run" moment.
          "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by WEDway82
            I like the original animated verison, and it could work out to be a great adaptation. There's scope for some really epic sequences - especially the "Huns on the Run" moment.
            Completely agree!! If done right, this will be amazing!!!

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

*expecting breakdowns because of no Mushu and long hair*
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I actually couldn't remember how the original story goes like so the trailer looks pretty exciting to me! Looks like one of those historical Asian dramas that I watch on TV all the time.

Comment

I really find this franchise so boring really. Do not come for me because I also find princess and the frog lame too
                    Forever Young

Comment

Mulan is awesome. It used to be one of my favorite Disney princess movies when I was a kid I can't wait!
                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

So boring! It looks like a typical generic Chinese period drama now that they made it clear that the songs and other characters are gone. Chinese box office scores would be enough for the pockets of Disney producers for sure.

Comment

^Don't you dare coming for East Asian historical dramas! I watch some of them regularly on TV & Netflix and they're AWESOMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I watched Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart (Korean drama based on a Chinese novel) and not gonna lie, I actually cried. And I've heard great things about Kingdom as well from Netlix and I'm excited to watch it!
                          Last edited by abi; Wed July 10, 2019, 06:54.

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

So this will debut on Disney+ now.
                              https://variety.com/2020/film/news/m...234711185/amp/

Unlike the rest of the content available on Disney Plus, “Mulan” won’t be available directly to subscribers. Consumers in the U.S. and other territories will have to pay $29.99 to rent the movie on top of the streaming service’s monthly subscription fee of $6.99. In markets where Disney Plus isn’t available, “Mulan” will play in cinemas.
                              $29.99? This movie is gonna tank
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                So this will debut on Disney+ now.
                                https://variety.com/2020/film/news/m...234711185/amp/

$29.99? This movie is gonna tank
                                The film will be shown in China, the film will make plenty of money there to counter the loss in other countries.

Disney+ has 60 million Subscribers, i'm sure a lot of people will purchase it as it's been so long since a big budget film has come out and people are hungry.
                                Last edited by Ewokguy15; Wed August 5, 2020, 03:33.

Comment

No! One of many movies that could have been a huge hit in 2020 but then Corona came...

$29.99 seems ok to me though. A ticket for the cinema costs even more over here. Definitely gonna do a movie night with friends to watch this, so the price is clearly fine.

Comment

30$??? No thanks madame. People already pay for the Disney+ subscription.... 5$ is ok maybe 10$ but I'm not paying 30$ to watch something on my own screen. Rented only at that

^crazy how expensive tickets in Switzerland are.. Here it's like 13 € for 3D
                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Tansike
                                      Tansike commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Well, Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries for a reason :(

That's pretty expensive :O
                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

I have a feeling Disney might regret going down this road - no other streaming service asks you to pay to join then pay more to view certain content. I get Disney want to make money from this, but the USP of streaming services is the original content they can provide at no extra cost above and beyond the subscription. Plus I cant believe many people are that desperate to watch a live action Mulan film - okay some might, but give it 12 months and it'll be added to Disney+ anyway without having to pay for it.

To be honest I've been a little concerned about the Disney live action remakes - Disney are planning a whole bunch of them for Disney+ but also another whole load for cinemas too... and after seeing Lady and The Tramp (made exclusively for Disney+) I had a feeling they would push their better scripts to cinema and keep the lesser quality stuff for Disney+... and this move confirms that to me - they're prioritising the stuff they deem worthy of cinema release even when releasing it through their own streaming service.

I mean they released Hamilton, Onward and Artemis Fowl to Disney+ without having to pay anything on top of the subscription - despite all three being planned cinema releases. I get there's financial decisions behind all this but considering cinemas have re-opened I don't know why they haven't just pushed it to cinema anyway?
                                      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

$29.99? Are they INSANE?
                                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

They are ridiculous for even making people pay for it period. You pay an x amount of money for a streaming service every month for the very reason that all content is accessed. You don't pay for it and have to pay for an individual movie.

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                            no other streaming service asks you to pay to join then pay more to view certain content
                                            Amazon Prime Video does tho. Sooner or later every streaming service will go down this route a la Amazon or even something less aggresive like the Peacock model. No company is going to offer us a bunch of +150M/+200M films for a $8 fee/monthly tbh. Seems pretty unrealistic in the long run.

Its´s like Disney saying this is a one-off. If it works, this won´t definitely be a one-off. I mean, if Trolls 2 was able to pull more than +100M$ in barely a month through PVOD...
                                            Overall it feels way more profitable and less riskier than the scenario the Universal-AMC deal could set

Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post

Amazon Prime Video does tho. Sooner or later every streaming service will go down this route a la Amazon or even something less aggresive like the Peacock model. No company is going to offer us a bunch of +150M/+200M films for a $8 fee/monthly tbh. Seems pretty unrealistic in the long run.

Its´s like Disney saying this is a one-off. If it works, this won´t definitely be a one-off. I mean, if Trolls 2 was able to pull more than +100M$ in barely a month through PVOD...
                                              Overall it feels way more profitable and less riskier than the scenario the Universal-AMC deal could set
                                              Yeah I noticed it with Amazon prime. I was tricked with a 3 Euros per month membership only to find out many movies are on 'rent mode' and you have to pay for them.
                                              I mean, 3 euros is no money and I don't mind paying for what I want, but don't trick people like that.
                                              Who's gonna pay 30 f*cking dollars for a movie? And a Disney remake at that, chhhh

Comment

^ On Amazon Prime you only pay for the stuff that Amazon doesn’t have the rights to though.

Comment

Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post

Maybe my point wasn’t as clear as if should have been - no other streaming service charges you a membership then asks you to pay to access their original content.

Amazon Prime Video is different in that it combines their original content with their licensed content (free to stream as part the membership) and with their video store - Apple has a similar model in that their TV+ app combines their original content with their store.

Disney+ has a different business model - everything was supposed to be covered by the membership and Disney+ doesn’t have an integrated store - it’s basically like Netflix.

You’re also wrong that no streaming service will pay $150M+ for movies. Netflix have already done it - The Irishman cost $160M and an upcoming movies The Grey Man and Red Notice will each cost around $200M.

Plus Disney spent $75M on Hamilton, $200M on Onward and $125M on Artemis Fowl and all three were put straight onto Disney+ without being chargeable.

But the serious spending is on original TV shows. The Mandalorian (Disney+) cost $10M - $15M per episode, The Crown (Netflix) costs around $5M - $10M an episode, and The Morning Show (Apple TV+) spent $12M - $15M per episode. But the major TV show is going to be Lord of The Rings (Amazon), which cost $250M for the rights alone and has a production budget of $750M to make six seasons.
                                                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                  X