Mulan (2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mulan (2018)

With Marvel Studios, Pixar, and Star Wars all on their slate now, Walt Disney Pictures could probably be the #1 studio in some years even if they didn’t release any other films. Looking forward to the year 2018, it’s now almost a certainty, because that year will give us Wreck-It Ralph 2 (3/9/18), Toy Story 4 (6/15/18), the “Jack and the Beanstalk” adaptation Gigantic (11/21/18), and Mary Poppins Returns (12/25/18). Before this week, there were also three mystery films (including ones on 4/6/18 and 8/3/18), but we now know what the film scheduled for November 2, 2018 is going to be. It’s a surprise, too, because it’s one of the films that, until this week, wasn’t known to be on Disney’s “fast track.” Specifically, we’re talking about a live-action remake of Mulan, based on the Chinese legend of Hua Mulan, a warrior heiress who takes her father’s place in the army before a great war, and we can make a couple of guesses as to why it’s been scheduled. One is that the year 2018 marks the 20th anniversary of the film, which debuted in 1998. Secondly, Sony Pictures announced last month that they are also developing a live action Mulan movie. Walt Disney Pictures is now beginning an international casting search to find an actress to star as Mulan. In the meantime, the screenwriting team of Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes; cowriters of Jurassic World) have been rehired to rewrite the Mulan screenplay to get it ready for filming to start in 2017 in time for its release in late 2018. Jaffa and Silver are also working with James Cameron on his Avatar sequels (the first of which is also scheduled for late 2018). In other Disney news for late 2018, Emily Mortimer was cast this week as the adult Jane Banks in Mary Poppins Returns, joining Ben Whishaw (as her brother Michael), Lin-Manuel Miranda (as a lamplighter), and Emily Blunt as the title character.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/ar ... ovie-news/
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Hoping for some stunning visuals

Comment

My favourite Disney movie
      *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

Comment

I don't want this :-?
          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

If they fcking white wash this I will be so angry

Mulan is a bit underrated tho IMO so hopefully this gives it a reinassance
            BS:TS:IA:NM

Comment

Originally posted by toxicALIENS
              If they fcking white wash this I will be so angry

Mulan is a bit underrated tho IMO so hopefully this gives it a reinassance
              I heard that they're holding auditions for CHINESE actresses this month

Comment

I hope Lucy Liu is cast as someone

Comment

Originally posted by Biebz
                  I've always pictured her to be in a live action version of Mulan.

They better not white wash this!
                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

I want to believe that Disney are smarter than to whitewash the movie.
                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Noahh
                      I've always pictured her to be in a live action version of Mulan.

They better not white wash this!
                      This!

They better not mess this up! It's one of my favourite Disney films!
                      Really hope Eddie Murphy reprises his voice role as Mushu!!
                      Also I wonder who will sing Reflection

Comment

Never seen the original, I must confess.

I'm sure I'll watch this though.

And no doubt the animated version once IrishSpam reads this and nags me to watch it...

Comment

The backlash is going to be huuuuge if they turn it into a white mess

Comment

Zac Efron? :evil:
                            ? Girls' Generation ?
                            ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                              Zac Efron? :evil:

That's a fake news site DW
                              BS:TS:IA:NM

Comment

Originally posted by Airwrecka
                                Whut?!
                                "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Whut?!
                                  I think it's because I'm a few years older than you guys. I'd have been about 12 when it came out, and probably in the "too cool for Disney" phase you get when you start secondary school. There's quite a lot of the late 90s classics I don't seem to have seen. :(

I actually just went on my TV box to download it, but they only had Mulan II. :( I'll keep an eye out for when it's next on the Disney channel.

Comment

omg

Comment

I think it's because I'm a few years older than you guys. I'd have been about 12 when it came out, and probably in the "too cool for Disney" phase you get when you start secondary school.
                                      That does not exist

Comment

omg
                                        Don't you start.

My era was the older stuff:
                                        Beauty & The Beast (always my fave)
                                        Aristocats (second fave)
                                        Lion King
                                        Cinderella
                                        Snow White
                                        Jungle Book
                                        Aladdin
                                        Peter Pan
                                        Dumbo
                                        Pinocchio
                                        101 Dalmatians

etc.

I think it's because I'm a few years older than you guys. I'd have been about 12 when it came out, and probably in the "too cool for Disney" phase you get when you start secondary school.
                                        That does not exist
                                        Well, I kind of agree and disagree. I love Disney, but the pressures of trying to fit in / not appear gay etc at secondary school were immense. I was bullied a fair bit at school for being a suspected "gay". It's only now I'm an adult that I'm mature enough to accept myself and not give af what people think.

Comment

Well thank god I'm not the only one to be side eyeing airwrecka over not seeing Mulan
                                          Or Hercules

Comment

Whut?!
                                            I think it's because I'm a few years older than you guys. I'd have been about 12 when it came out, and probably in the "too cool for Disney" phase you get when you start secondary school. There's quite a lot of the late 90s classics I don't seem to have seen. :(

I actually just went on my TV box to download it, but they only had Mulan II. :( I'll keep an eye out for when it's next on the Disney channel.
                                            I watched them at every age, same for music and so on. My age does not change what I like
                                            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Wow, I'm really get dragged here! :(

I'm just saying I probably didn't see these more recent movies at the cinema as I was older, and it wasn't really the thing to invite your mates to watch a Disney film. If I look at the list of Disney movies released vs. What I've seen, it pretty much cuts out for me from 1995 onwards, excluding present day.

My friend made me watch The Princess And The Frog the other day because I'd not seen that either.

Next time it's on TV, I'll watch it.

Comment

did not want to drag anyone

Comment

JLaw is literally everywhere these days.
                                                  Whitney Houston

Comment

Working...
                                                  X