Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Is Us

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This Is Us



    Is anyone else watching this? It's absolutely brilliant! Each episode leaves you feeling uplifted, and, in many ways, it's so reminiscent of Sense8.
    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

  • #2
    I don't think I've ever watched a TV show where I've cried at every single episode, and it's only just started. It's fantastic, totally bummed about Jack though as he's my favourite. I didn't really like Kevin until 2 episodes ago but he's warmed on me so much plus, as a kid, he seems to have been the most neglected out of all of them. I will get frustrated if all of Kate's storylines revolve around her being fat though.

    Aside from the split narrative and everyone born on the same day bit, I don't really see the comparison with Sense8 personally.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Spartan
      I don't think I've ever watched a TV show where I've cried at every single episode, and it's only just started. It's fantastic, totally bummed about Jack though as he's my favourite. I didn't really like Kevin until 2 episodes ago but he's warmed on me so much plus, as a kid, he seems to have been the most neglected out of all of them. I will get frustrated if all of Kate's storylines revolve around her being fat though.

      Aside from the split narrative and everyone born on the same day bit, I don't really see the comparison with Sense8 personally.
      Perhaps I'm focusing too much on the diversity aspect, and the scene with Kevin on the flight, where Kate felt the same turbulence he did, reminded me of the interconnectedness of many Sense8 scenes. Sense8 similarities (or lack thereof) aside, this show is exceptional as a standalone series. Randall is my personal favourite, but Jack deserves a 'World's Greatest Dad' coffee mug. He is such an awesome father.

      I hope that doesn't happen, and with Toby by her side (who has to be the most awesome secondary character on the show), I think her story arc should be more multi-dimensional.
      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

      Comment


      • #4
        Randall's kids are literally the cutest kids ever. Very rarely are there likeable kids on TV but these girls are exactly that. And the kids who play Kevin, Randall and Kate are all very good too.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Spartan
          Randall's kids are literally the cutest kids ever. Very rarely are there likeable kids on TV but these girls are exactly that. And the kids who play Kevin, Randall and Kate are all very good too.
          Yeah, his daughters are awesome, as is his wife. Really, everyone on the show is great! Even Randall's father, who I fully expected to be a POS, is a strong, personable character.
          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

          Comment


          • #6
            Caught the pilot and the twist was interesting but it's not a show I could watch every week. I might binge it during the holidays though
            Charlie's Year End Hot 100 Countdown: #100-96

            Bruno Mars '24K Magic' Album Survivor

            Comment


            • #7
              It's a cute little show tbh. Everything about it works well. Agreed that it's very binge watch-able lol.

              Comment


              • #8
                Randall is such a faultless character. I love him! The scene with his wife asking his dad if he wanted some weed to ease his pain was hilarious, though! I wasn't a huge fan of hers in the beginning, but she is awesome!

                I like the direction the flashbacks are going, with Jack and Rebecca reaching a point where they start reneging on long-established traditions (a kiss goodbye before work, dinner, etc.), as I feel like the stage is being set for the big reveal as to how the greatest dad in the world dies prematurely.
                Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Christmas episode was absolutely phenomenal. I would even go as far as to call it the best episode from any TV show in 2016...but that final scene with Toby was heartbreaking.
                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How about William being gay, huh? Did NOT see that coming!

                    They're nominated for a few Golden Globes, including Mandy Moore and Chrissy Metz for Best Supporting Actress and This Is Us for Best Drama Series!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MusicLover88
                      How about William being gay, huh? Did NOT see that coming!

                      They're nominated for a few Golden Globes, including Mandy Moore and Chrissy Metz for Best Supporting Actress and This Is Us for Best Drama Series!
                      Bih I was SHOOK.

                      (also btw, I am obsessed with show. Literally love everyone).


                      Mandy Moore is really doing her thing on this show. I love that it makes you feel good and see positive ways in things without making it corny. that is an ART.


                      And chile my heart couldn't take that cliff hanger. That wasn't the season finale was it?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've started watching it today and I'm hooked, such a great show!
                        My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not a fan of Milo Ventimiglia's new look... he used to be so hot
                          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NothingFails
                            Not a fan of Milo Ventimiglia's new look... he used to be so hot
                            He still is. The moustache look doesn't work for most guys, but I think it works for him!
                            Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Should this be spoiler free? Or we're free to discuss anything and everything?

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I thought this was a thread about the 2013 One Direction film 'This Is Us'
                                Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  like Pete said, I've been crying at the end of every single episode. I mean this is a totally new experience for me - i believe this to be the best show ever - it certainly is the most dramatic.

                                  and yes, I thought Phil (from Modern Family) was the best TV dad ever, but Jack is idk an infinity of miles above him.

                                  I so hope that Toby does not die bc then Kate's storyline will get even more 1-dimensional. + He is awesome.

                                  But oh boy, I know I will not recover when we learn how Jack met his end and i also know that i will not recover when William dies.

                                  Every single episode so far gets a 10/10 rating from me.

                                  + Milo shud win all the damn awards for being the best TV dad of all times.
                                  My Chart

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by NothingFails
                                    Not a fan of Milo Ventimiglia's new look... he used to be so hot
                                    Milo is hotter here than he has ever been. Justin is hot but Milo is another level hot.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Spartan
                                      Originally posted by NothingFails
                                      Not a fan of Milo Ventimiglia's new look... he used to be so hot
                                      Milo is hotter here than he has ever been. Justin is hot but Milo is another level hot.
                                      MILO is extremely hot. the first scene with that towel had me drooling for hours.
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by MusicLover88
                                        Should this be spoiler free? Or we're free to discuss anything and everything?
                                        Once an episode has aired, its contents should be fair game.

                                        Originally posted by JimJim
                                        I thought this was a thread about the 2013 One Direction film 'This Is Us'


                                        Lemme edit the thread title to avoid confusion.
                                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Milo is beautiful but I feel like he buffed up a little too much...he'd look even better if he were a tad slimmer imo.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Bigger arms? All the better to cuddle with, my dear.
                                            Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Milo is super hot, ultimate dad.
                                              My Best of 2014...|Tumblr|Last.fm|Instagram

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by LionH3art
                                                Milo is super hot, ultimate dad.

                                                Major DILFage. I hope he sticks with the show despite what we know about his character.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                                  Bigger arms? All the better to cuddle with, my dear.
                                                  Well, this is true

                                                  I love most things about the show except I feel like they don't really know where they're going with Kevin and while I feel Kate's weight issues should be addressed, I fear that if something were to happen to Toby, that's all we'd ever hear about.

                                                  Like ThatInfo said, it's a lovely and heartwarming show but it almost never dissolves into corny and sappy, which is EXTREMELY hard to do.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X