This Is Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: This Is Us

It’s not that Sterling wasn’t brilliant but Justin and Milo were showcased much better last season.

Comment

• Re: This Is Us

Hope Milo gets the Emmy

Comment

• [spoiler:2x5apdne]This Is Us Season 3 Will Spend A Lot Of Time With Jack In Vietnam

The new season will "break all the rules" and jump into decades it never has before.

It has been way, way, way too long since the Pearsons were last on our screen, although the hiatus has at least given us time to recover from the emotional rollercoaster of that finale. Season 3 will premiere on NBC next month, September 25, and a few new details have begun to emerge thanks to executive producers Elizabeth Berger and Isaac Aptaker.

We’re breaking all the rules,” Aptaker told journalists at the Television Critics Association press tour today (August 8), teasing that the third season will jump to decades that the show has never tackled before. And given the flash-forwards that were newly introduced towards the end of last season, you can assume some of those new decades may be is the future.

“[Season 3 is] bigger and more ambitious on a production level,” Berger said, confirming that a substantial part of the new season will take place in Vietnam. Last season brought glimpses of Jack during his military days in the Vietnam war, along with the revelation that he had a brother, Nicky, who served alongside him. The role of Nicky has been cast, and while the producers weren’t ready to announce the actor yet, they confirmed that “we’re going to be spending a lot of time in Vietnam this year.”

The show has hired novelist and Vietnam veteran Tim O’Brien, who is known for his semi-autobiographical books about the war including The Things They Carried, as a consultant on Season 3. “Since most of us were not alive during Vietnam, we wanted to have someone who was an authority,” Aptaker said. “He’s shared so much of his experience, which goes back to this idea that our show is best when it comes out of someone’s real experience.” Season 2's finale ended with a glimpse of Kevin on a flight to Vietnam with his new love interest, Beth’s cousin Zoe, suggesting that the new season will spend time there in the present day as well as flashbacks.

Season 3 will also pick up on the Big Three’s 38th birthday, following the show’s established tradition. “In a show that plays around so much with time, there’s something nice in that [consistency], it grounds everyone,” said Aptaker.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/f ... k-vietnam/[/spoiler:2x5apdne]
        My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• [spoiler:it2xuz33]I love how they refuse to completely remove Jack from the show. Hope they don't overdo it with the Vietnam scenes, though.[/spoiler:it2xuz33]
          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [75-71]

Comment

• I've binged the front half of S3 over the last couple of weeks and enjoyed it much more than I expected. I'm not normally a fan of war storylines but am totally invested in this one, mainly due to Milo playing a blinder (though I don't care about Nicky one bit).

Highlight of the season so far has been the Tess stuff, the actress playing her did a fantastic job with the coming out storyline.

Comment

• Wait, didn’t know season 3 was out! Need to find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                Wait, didn’t know season 3 was out! Need to find it.
                It's still airing. Personally I'm not a fan of this season so far. The Vietnam storyline is boring af and the twist there was predictable. Hopefully it's just a one season slump for me as the first two seasons were a really solid family drama with a very unique approach.
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I feel like it’s definitely lost some of the joy that the first two seasons had. Also, I feel like they haven’t done much with Rebecca this season.

Comment

• Season 3 is finally on Amazon Prime in the UK so I’m gonna catch up.

I heard it was renewed until season 6!

Comment

• I’ve only really watched the first two episodes of S4, I do wanna keep watching it but it’s just not on my must-see list (as good as it is). New Amsterdam is my new This Is Us.

Comment

• I stopped watching it after my dad passed in late '18

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                          I stopped watching it after my dad passed in late '18
                          Aw, I’m sorry to hear that. I can understand why, the show certainly pulls on the paternal heartstrings.

Comment

• Thank you [MENTION=22209]Spartan[/MENTION] I really appreciate it

Comment

• I loved this show in S1 and S2, but S3 bored me. The Vietnam storyline especially. Haven't started on S4. Kind of forgot about this show. Might catch up over summer after the season ends.
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I’ve just finished season 3, it got so much better in the second half once they left Vietnam behind. Jack’s brother really was a pain in the ass.

I’m so glad Randall and Beth stayed together, Kate’s baby lived, and I loved seeing the little reveals in the flash forward.

Rebecca as an old ill woman though... so sad.

Comment

• I don't know why I stopped watching this show, perhaps because it made me cry too much LOL. Gonna catch up soon.
                                  "Lift up your head
                                  Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Just finished season 4, hands down the best season yet. Absolutely loved the twists throughout and again the look to the future. Just love the character of Rebecca! Seems like they may have ended it with irreparable damage between Kevin and Randall though.

Comment

• Damn it’s on my lockdown TV catch-up list to watch S4 so good to hear that you liked it. I’m sensing it’s much less Jack-focused than previous seasons.

Comment

• Jack features a fair bit in some episodes but it’s definitely focussed mostly on Rebecca and the future. You’ll scream at the reveal at the end of episode one.

Comment

Jack features a fair bit in some episodes but it’s definitely focussed mostly on Rebecca and the future. You’ll scream at the reveal at the end of episode one.
                                          I've watched the first two episodes when they first came out. I saw the twist coming unfortunately:

Spoiler!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

I've watched the first two episodes when they first came out. I saw the twist coming unfortunately:

Spoiler!
                                            Yeah! I had no idea!

Comment

• LOVE THIS SHOW.

Comment

• Just finished the Cabin episode of S4. Honestly I’m loving this season so much. How had Mandy Moore not won an Emmy or Golden Glove for this role? She portrays every emotion with such nuance and beauty as old Rebecca and young Rebecca.

Kevin is probably my favourite of the Big 3 this season so far as well. Also really enjoying Toby struggling with Jack Jr.

Comment

• OMG the end of the cabin episode... it killed me off.

Mandy Moore is stunning.

Comment

• Just finished S4 and it was fantastic. I'd definitely rank them S1, 4, 2 then 3.

Randall became so unlikable towards the end though. I was TeamKevin in the final few episodes, he became more likeable in this season and is probably my favourite. Looking forward to seeing what happens with Madison. Also thought it was weird we got a random shot of Cassidy at the end of this episode. I thought she may have been pregnant with Kevin's child. Definitely wouldn't mind that, love seeing Jennifer Morrison.

As soon as Toby and Kate said about adoption I kinda figured out the flashforward though.

Last scene destroyed me, makes me wonder if Nicky and Rebecca get together, or if Miguel dies soon.

Comment

• I might check out season 4. I loved season 1 but lost interest in the show during season 2.
                                                      My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• Yeah the flash forward with the girl at the gallery was a lot more signposted.

Comment

Yeah the flash forward with the girl at the gallery was a lot more signposted.
                                                          You can just tell from the fashion and, any flashforward the show now has, my mind immediately wonders about who it could be. Really enjoy Adelaide Kane as an actress (she was PHENOMENAL in Reign) so I hope she gets some good material next year.

Comment

• I love Baby Jack. I want to see more of his story. It's still the 2nd best show on television after The Handmaid's Tale.
                                                            My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                            X