No announcement yet.

The Handmaid's Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand you folks who say this is boring. I find it completely gripping and compelling. The only flaw was the hospital episode, it was like when breaking bad done the fly episode.

For me this is up there with the best of all time.
    thank u, next

Comment

• Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post
      I don't understand you folks who say this is boring. I find it completely gripping and compelling. The only flaw was the hospital episode, it was like when breaking bad done the fly episode.

People are too hard to please these days! This show is perfection.

Comment

• Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post
        I don't understand you folks who say this is boring. I find it completely gripping and compelling. The only flaw was the hospital episode, it was like when breaking bad done the fly episode.

Hospital episode may be boring, but It was essential since all the planning started there and it was the first time Serena hinted her intentions.
        When we lose what we love
        Don't think anything will ever taste the same
        Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Loved June saying to Fred “at least it wasn’t you” when he made her have sex with Commander Lawrence.

I’m confused as to where Nick’s disappeared to now though!
          THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• That was epic I laughed out loud when she said that
            thank u, next

Comment

• Brilliant season finale! The last three episodes were such a ride.

I hope June & co. will now go undercover and destroy Gilead from within, it would be an exciting plot for S4

Comment

• I'll admit it. I cried so hard during the season finale
                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Excluding some sub-plots, they've made variations of the same season. Such a boring season.
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe View Post
                    Brilliant season finale! The last three episodes were such a ride.

I hope June & co. will now go undercover and destroy Gilead from within, it would be an exciting plot for S4
                    It'll be interesting to see how they play things in season 4. June could be in hiding, or she could just go about things normally (the only person that saw her is dead). Hopefully, the rebellion will continue to be the focus from here on out.

Comment

• Ok, season finale was intense but they still need to speed it up a bit.
                      Watch June plotting the escape of women from colonies in S4

Comment

• Episode 11 was great! She was so badass in the murder scene, the Marthas pulling together for June and then Fred being arrested!

Can’t wait for the last few episodes!

Comment

• I have bittersweet feelings about Serena. I was happy when they clocked her to an arrest but part of me wants to see her evolve and have an active voice in dismantling Gilead.

Comment

• Can I just say. June is awful. Hate her this series and am sick of looking at her deranged face. What she allowed to happen/caused to happen was unforgiveable.
                            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Loved the finale, so heartwarming when the little girl was reunited with her father.

I don’t understand why Serena had baby Nicole when she was arrested, was she given custody or something? Where’s Nick gone?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                Loved the finale, so heartwarming when the little girl was reunited with her father.

I don’t understand why Serena had baby Nicole when she was arrested, was she given custody or something? Where’s Nick gone?!
                                They mentioned her having visitation, if I remember correctly, there was social worker on hand in that scene to take the baby.

Comment

• Okay guys. My palms are sweaty and I‘m literally shaking as I write this. I started watching the third season two days ago and I just finished it.

This season was so different from the others. Mostly of course because June isn’t living with the Waterfords anymore and because Nick only appeared like 3 times for two seconds. But also because June literally gave zero ****s.

June slowly went crazy in this season. I think it started with that hospital episode. That was a huge turning point so I see why the hospital episode was there. I think her crazy phase ended in the finale when she realized that she held a gun to the head of a 10 year-old. But damn, all her power bitch moves this season....she killed that commander, she organized the escape, the way she jumped in front of Janine and protected her when Aunt Lydia hit her, how she put Serena and commander Lawrence in their place....A CHARACTER!

Serena was so fragile at the beginning of the season. "Her baby" was gone, she lost a finger etc. The way she talked to June and how she tried to help her a few times made me think she would change but damn that bitch is only looking out for herself. I really thought she’s just a misunderstood character but I really think she’s evil and is only looking out for herself. She proved it when she turned on June and then again when she turned on Fred.

By the way I was getting my life when the Waterfords got arrested. But then I saw that their cells look like hotel rooms and that excitement wasn’t that big anymore lol. I‘m glad that Serena also got what she deserved in the end btw.

I loved that episode where we got to see a lot of Aunt Lydia‘s past life. I love it in general when we get to see a more human side of her. I was really disappointed that she didn’t die from her injuries from the Season 2 finale though lmfao. By the way her relationship to Janine is so adorable...in a weird way. Still adorable though.

Commander Lawrence. I liked him since the Season 2 finale. We got to see a little bit of his dark side in this season but I think he’s just a bit crazy. First I thought that he’s gay and that’s why there are no ceremonies and stuff but I don’t think so anymore. He really loved his wife and it was so sad when she died.
                                  That scene in the finale where he read that book to the children made me like him so much.

Overall this season made me cry so much lol. When Emily and Nicole made it to Canada, when Mrs. Lawrence died, when Emily met her son for the first time in years and basically the entire finale.

Also that ending??? I bet she isn’t dead but she could be. Also what’s going to happen now? My god I hate their cliffhangers. I do think (and kinda hope as much as I like it) that season 4 will be the end of it. I need closure.
                                  Last edited by JeremySpears; Sun September 8th, 2019, 10:47.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Omg
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• They FINALLY started filming the fourth season and it’s coming this fall.

Comment

• I'm over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                          I'm over it.
                                          I was over it from episode 1. Unfortunately my bf liked it so I watched it with him. Until he gave up on it too. We never started S3.
                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

I was over it from episode 1. Unfortunately my bf liked it so I watched it with him. Until he gave up on it too. We never started S3.
                                            Why? It gets continuously better.

I wouldn’t mind if they cut down the violence though.
                                            YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post

Why? It gets continuously better.

I wouldn’t mind if they cut down the violence though.
                                              I think it got continuously worse. Season 3 was such a repetitive loophole without much development from season 2. Serena hates me, she loves me, no she hates me, she loves me.

Comment

• Just bought the DVD case for Season 3 and binge-watched the first 3 episodes.

Is it me or isn’t there much happening really anymore? I was so pumped when I watched S2 back then but the beginning of S3 leaves me a bit ... unentertained.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

I think it got continuously worse. Season 3 was such a repetitive loophole without much development from season 2. Serena hates me, she loves me, no she hates me, she loves me.
                                                  I'm hoping that things start to move along a little quicker in Season 4. I think the show is a masterpiece in production/direction, the story can just be a bit slow.

Comment

• The start of the third season was a bit slow but it got better with each episode and ended with a bang.

Comment

• Season 3 is the slowest so far with very little remarkable progression.

I hope they‘ll make Season 4 a bit more thrilling and wrap it up with a final 5th season.

I think this epos should end very soon. 5 seasons are more than enough to bring this story to a satisfactory conclusion.

Comment

• I can already see the new book become a spin-off when the show ends.

Comment

• They put the production of season 4 on hold.

Comment

• I'm shaking
                                                            Last edited by JeremySpears; Wed June 24th, 2020, 16:56.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X