No announcement yet.

The Handmaid's Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 3 is the slowest so far with very little remarkable progression.

I hope they‘ll make Season 4 a bit more thrilling and wrap it up with a final 5th season.

I think this epos should end very soon. 5 seasons are more than enough to bring this story to a satisfactory conclusion.
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• I can already see the new book become a spin-off when the show ends.
      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• They put the production of season 4 on hold.

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I'm shaking
          Last edited by JeremySpears; Wed June 24, 2020, 16:56.

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Finally finished it yesterday evening! We watched season 1 when it came out, and gave up somewhere in the beginning of season 2. Due to having no life because of Corona we decided to give it another shot, and I'm so glad we did! I still think season 1 is the best season, and season 2 and 3 are on a similar level just beneath it. The last two seasons both had quite a slow build up, but both of them have like that three banger episodes in a row. For season 3 it was the last three episodes, season 2 episode 8 until 11 or something. Loved it, and curious to see how the story will progress. In season 2 I was particularly scared the show would become more of a psychological drama (a similar mistake GOT made), and the sociological imagination would get lost along the way. That's kinda what happened in the beginning in season 2, and also 3 I would say. Which resulted in some minor plotholes more from a sociological point of view (at a certain point I was like why do these guards allow the handmaids to talk so much among each other? Why would they allow x and y? In season 1 they would get shot for similar moves...). But I guess they had to forward the story, but they could have handled it better at some points. That being said, those top episodes made up for it, and the storyline progression feels very natural for me. I'm a bit confused why people call it too slow, cause I would argue season 2 and 3 go a bit too fast in places. The slow-burn effect is what the makes the show so strong for me, and oh so uncomfortable. It is still one of the best series that came out in the last decade or so. Looking forward to chapter 4 !
              Eudaimonia
              Last.fm
              Instagram

Comment

• Reading the book. Hard to get through. Love the concept, but it is so boring. Almost halfway through and still boring.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I never got to finish Season one of this. I think I watched 5 episodes then forgot about it. Wasn't something I was rushing back to.

Comment

Working...
                  X