Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Gods

[youtube:2zj8fwy2]z6HLeNl8DOs[/youtube:2zj8fwy2]

Can't believe there isn't a topic on this. It contains some of the most jaw-dropping scenes ever seen on TV. Based on Neil Gaiman's novel.
    Ricky Whittle (yes, him from Hollyoaks!) and Ian McShane lead the cast. Bryan Fuller who ran Hannibal is the joint showrunner. It's the show Constantine should have been.
    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (22nd Feb 20) - Xymox, Purity Ring, Selena, Blancmange, Sparks, Angelic Process, SDH, Tennis

Well if gay Muslim God-sex doesn't get you talking, i don't know what will.
    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (22nd Feb 20) - Xymox, Purity Ring, Selena, Blancmange, Sparks, Angelic Process, SDH, Tennis

Comment

The book was a struggle to get through lol
      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
        I might watch it for this

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo
          I heard it's very long with a multitude of characters. I was a big fan of Gaiman's Sandman comics but i've never read any of his books. I always check out TV / radio or film adaptations.

Comment

I heard it's very long with a multitude of characters. I was a big fan of Gaiman's Sandman comics but i've never read any of his books. I always check out TV / radio or film adaptations.
            Try The Ocean at the End of the Lane. It's rather short but very moving and beautiful.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
              Wasn't worth it

Comment

Originally posted by beredy
                Try The Ocean at the End of the Lane. It's rather short but very moving and beautiful.
                I believe I started with the wrong one. It has a brilliant premise, but it's not the most enticing story unfortunately, maybe it's better in TV series form.
                "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Wasn't worth it
                  I disagree.
                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

Really great blackly funny episode with Laura's backstory.
                    It's a bit of a bummer that this clashes with Twin Peaks in the US. Doesn't affect me but you'd think schedulers would be less mean.

Comment

Crispin Glover finally! A feast of gods this week with Gillian Anderson doing double duties as "Bowie" and "Monroe".

Comment

I literally have no idea what the second season was about. The gods were apparently setting themselves up in two camps, except that never lead nowhere. There's some weird backstory about Shadow we still know nothing about. There was one random episode where Thor was introduced and made pointless. And they killed off the best character.

I liked the first season. It was a bit slow but things happened there at least. This one had no focus or anything.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Yeah - they changed showrunner and the new one was fired midway through production! The later episodes had extensive rewrites. I liked the Thor ep. And the Mad Sweeney thing is a shame.

Comment

Working...
                          X