RuPaul's Drag Race - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
    I thought so at the time too but watching it back, she's just hurt and bitter. A lot of the queens really like her.
    Same. I really disliked her and didn't get her at all when I first watched S10, but I recently re-watched it and finally got her drag and her attitude. I even felt sorry for her and enjoyed some of her runways.

Comment

• Not sure if opening a separate topic makes sense, but there's a Canadian Drag Race coming with Brooke Lynn Hytes, Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman, Stacey McKenzie and Traci Melchor as judges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
        there's a Canadian Drag Race coming
        Yes!
        Originally posted by Tansike View Post
        with Brooke Lynn Hytes,
        Yes!
        Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman,
        Pretty but a one note actor, don't really think he should judge anything TBH. Although The Bitchelor was fun, but not because of him.
        Stacey McKenzie and Traci Melchor as judges.
        Don't know them.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Are they all permanent judges and Brooke taking Ru's spot?

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
            Are they all permanent judges and Brooke taking Ru's spot?
            Brooke is a permanent judge as she wrote this on her insta, don't know about the others. Probably same. So yeah, Brooke will basically have Ru's spot on the Canadian version.

Comment

Brooke is a permanent judge as she wrote this on her insta, don't know about the others. Probably same. So yeah, Brooke will basically have Ru's spot on the Canadian version.
              Wow the first time a drag race spin off has a previous contestant as a proper judge. Most likely Australia will follow suit with Courtney Act
              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                Wow the first time a drag race spin off has a previous contestant as a proper judge. Most likely Australia will follow suit with Courtney Act
                I‘m surprised this hasn‘t happened yet to be honest.

A shame the German panel will have Heidi Klum instead...
                esit: Nevermind, Conchita Wurst just joined the judges for the German version. That‘s more than ok to me!

Comment

• I just hope Heidi isn’t the „main“ judge.
                  2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• I'm so happy for Brook!

Comment

• Random, but Eureka deserved to win the lip sync against Aquaria and it shouldn't have been a double shantay. Aquaria was simply set for the crown that's why there was a double shantay and I'm still mad about that.

Comment

Random, but Eureka deserved to win the lip sync against Aquaria and it shouldn't have been a double shantay. Aquaria was simply set for the crown that's why there was a double shantay and I'm still mad about that.
                        Eh. Eureka was walking on stage most of the time. And she fumbled the lyrics. Both were meh, but Aquaria won by a smidgen.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                          Eh. Eureka was walking on stage most of the time. And she fumbled the lyrics. Both were meh, but Aquaria won by a smidgen.
                          And Aquaria was stumbling and doing random moves. It felt (to me) that Eureka at least had a concept and I loved her last reveal at the back of the stage.

People who were there also said the crowd were chanting Eureka's name and Aquaria even fell sometimes, but they edited it out.

That's also why there was a double shantay. They couldn't eliminate Aquaria because she was set for the crown, but Eureka won that lip sync, so it ended up as a double shantay with the hope Aquaria turns it out for the last performance.

Comment

• ^Not the first or last edited lipsync to make it seem something it really wasn't, we have had many reports about that. And in the last season they gave up on editing and just sent Suga home because they wanted to, not because she lost the lipsync.

And of course Aquaria not winning would not make sense for the season narrative. The whole lipsync for the crown format is wrong. It basically invalidates all the work done during the season if you nail that lipsync. RPDR needs to go back to the roots a bit.

Comment

• What is this hideous sounding Celebrity edition about?!!
                              You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                                What is this hideous sounding Celebrity edition about?!!
                                It sounds more like drag u but with ''celebrities''
                                Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Just came here to post about the Celebrity edition. That will be interesting...

But I'm surprised we haven't heard a thing about AS5 for a while now.

Comment

• Celebrity edition?
                                    German version?

Is this true or?
                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• RuPaul's Celebrity Drag Race Ordered at VH1 — Which Queens Are Returning?

Hmmmmm, Celebrity Edition sounds a bit like Drag U and that wasn't a success. Has a faint smell of Xmas special train wreck.

Comment

• ^ Yep, I also had to think about the Xmas Special when I read about the Celebrity version. Still never watched that tho, but I can't imagine it being not a trainwreck

btw I'm still mad S11 is still not on Netflix over here

Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                                        Celebrity edition?
                                        German version?

Is this true or?
                                        Both true.

Celebrity edition officially announced.

German version called 'Queen of Drags' will start on the 14th November

Comment

• Wasn't there rumours of a Halloween special? Also, I'm here for all of the Drag Races! I don't have a problem with the overload...I'm not burnt out at all.

Comment

• I don't think the celebrity edition will be good, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong!
                                            Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• Random update, but I really like Violet now. I always respected her as one of the show's top fashionistas (part of the Big 4 that includes Tyra, Raja, and Detox), but she comes off as a lot more relatable in some of her post-RPDR interviews.
                                              Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• Having re-watched the S10 final again and I still think Eureka won her first lip sync battle, but Aquaria easily won the final battle (and it would have been very boring with Kameron Vs. Eureka).

In other news, Miss Fame was asked to be part of Justin Bieber's upcoming new music video but declined because they only offered her $500 Violet seems to be the backup, so let's see if this actually happens or not.

Comment

• Since Rigga Morris became the producer these past few seasons all lipsync battles have questionable results.

Comment

• Ever since Sasha deservedly won over fan favourite Shea and there was uproar because of it they do seem to be putting through the fan favourites to keep that particular fan group happy

Comment

Working...
                                                    X