No announcement yet.

RuPaul's Drag Race - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Your picture with Alyssa is so cool! How were the other queens?
    I was planning to see them in Rotterdam yesterday, but couldn't make it in the end unfortunately.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Originally posted by Frederic
      Seeing Alyssa Edwards, Bianca Del Rio, Detox, Trinity Taylor, Latrice Royal, Violet Chachki, Kim Chi and Shangela live tonight (including meet and greet) #WTW
      Sounds fun! I would love to meet them

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
        Too early for AS3, we need at least one more season.
        Right on the money. Apparently, AS3 starts filming right after S10.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
          Hmmm, seems as bland as ever to me. She already had her second chance on the show so wouldn't want her back in AS.
          agree so much, i dont get trixie mattel at all
          shangela 100% needs to come back for an as3. she brings drama. hardly anyone post season 6 brought drama.

Comment

I think S5 is commonly considered the best but it wasn't for me. I remember not really getting into it until a few episodes in. The Coco vs. Alyssa angle was the first time the show felt really scripted to me. Plus it had the worst winner ever so that really dents it. Tbh, I didn't really like anybody in this season
            After watching AS2 and re-watching S5, I've changed my view! I still think it felt really scripted (it should have been Alyssa vs. Detox instead of the infamous Alyssa vs. Coco lip-sync battle, but of course that wouldn't have provided as much drama and it was inevitable these 2 queens had to face off at some point), and I will forever always think Jinkx Monsoon is the worst ever contestant.

But it's a really fun series overall! Alyssa, Detox, Alaska, Roxxxy, Coco (basically the AS2 queens) are some of the most memorable contestants ever! The first half of the series is really bogged down by filler queens, such as Honey Mahogany and Vivienne Panay, but once it's down to the final 6, it's a 5* series!

And some of the challenges are better than I remember too.

Comment

After watching AS2 and re-watching S5, I've changed my view! I still think it felt really scripted (it should have been Alyssa vs. Detox instead of the infamous Alyssa vs. Coco lip-sync battle, but of course that wouldn't have provided as much drama and it was inevitable these 2 queens had to face off at some point), and I will forever always think Jinkx Monsoon is the worst ever contestant.

But it's a really fun series overall! Alyssa, Detox, Alaska, Roxxxy, Coco (basically the AS2 queens) are some of the most memorable contestants ever! The first half of the series is really bogged down by filler queens, such as Honey Mahogany and Vivienne Panay, but once it's down to the final 6, it's a 5* series!

And some of the challenges are better than I remember too.

Comment

Including Season 9 (but still can't rank S1), I have:

1. All Stars 2
                2. Season 3
                3. Season 4
                4. Season 2
                5. Season 5
                6. Season 6
                7. Season 8
                8. All Stars 1
                9. Season 9
                10. Season 7

Season 9 was fine, but just didn't have enough drama and had some whack challenges (didn't like 9021H0 or Kardashian musical). But the worst thing has to be the reintroduction of Cynthia "Cucu" Fontaine! Really pointless. The finale was one of the best though!

Season 7 wasn't bad either, but a lot of the queens weren't that memorable. The scripting was too obvious too, such as Pearl (undeservedly) winning the challenge in the same episode she argued with Ru, or the 'how's your head?' comments with Miss Fame. Didn't really like the winner either. But it gave us the best Snatch Game.

All Stars 1 was cute, but didn't really feel like a season of Drag Race.

Season 8 went really quickly, but Bob made that series quality. I don't get all the love for Naomi Smalls in our survivor though, she was so weak up until the book challenge.

Season 6 had the fewest filler queens I think, which is why I'm surprised that Bianca is the only remaining queen in our survivor. Adore, Courtney, Ben De La Creme, Gia, Milk, Vivacious, Laganja and Trinity are some of the most memorable queens post Season 5. I'm surprised only Adore was selected for AS2. I guess they'll be more in AS3.

Comment

My ranking would be something like:

1. AS2
                  2. S5
                  3. S6
                  4. S3
                  5. S2
                  6. S4
                  7. S1 (severely underrated IMO, it had five of the best queens ever, namely Bebe, Nina Flowers, Shannel, Ongina and Tammie Brown)
                  8. S9
                  9. S7
                  10. AS1 (a useless stunt to give Chad Michaels a crown)
                  11. S8 (the pits)

Comment

Season 6 had the fewest filler queens I think, which is why I'm surprised that Bianca is the only remaining queen in our survivor. I'm surprised only Adore was selected for AS2. I guess they'll be more in AS3.
                    My feelings exactly.

Comment

Season 8 has had the best final three for me, when all my favourites got into the final and actually loved all three queens. Glad that Bob won in the end, but Kim Chi and Naomi were so good as well.

Comment

Yeah, season 8 was a good final 3. Although I don't get the love for Naomi Smalls. She was nothing special

Comment

Naomi wasn't the most exciting contestant, but I really liked her personality. And she has to be one of the best looking queens ever featured on the show, both in and out of drag.

Comment

I'm trying to convince my friend to watch this but she's very stubborn. I sent her the Roxxxy vs. Alyssa lip sync to try persuade her. Any other clips to convert her y'all recommend?

Comment

I'm trying to convince my friend to watch this but she's very stubborn. I sent her the Roxxxy vs. Alyssa lip sync to try persuade her. Any other clips to convert her y'all recommend?
                              The Alyssa VS Tatianna lip sync is pretty legendary!!!

Who are your favourite queens Biscuits? you seem to hate everyone I love!

Comment

Some of my faves are:
                                Jujubee
                                Raja (my #1)
                                Latrice Royale
                                Bob The Drag Queen

Comment

Now I see why you were so annoyed when Raja left!!!

Comment

There are queens whom I don't dislike, but think are either overrated or have been ruined by youthful stans

Bianca Del Rio
                                    Valentina
                                    Tatianna
                                    Adore Delano
                                    Sasha Velour
                                    Katya

And I just plain hate Jinkx Monsoon

Comment

Tatianna and Katya are in my top 10 queens, i'll be very interested to see how Valentina goes in AS3 as let's be honest, she's 100% going to be in it.

I like Jinkx Monsoon, not one of my favourite, but a very talented queen.

My top 10 Queens are,

Alyssa Edwards
                                      Tatianna
                                      Katya
                                      Alaska
                                      Detox
                                      Violet Chachki
                                      Naomi Smalls
                                      Adore Delano
                                      Latrice Royale
                                      Raven

Comment

My top 10 from RPDR would be:
                                        Bianca Del Rio
                                        Jinkx Monsoon
                                        Katya
                                        Violet Chachki
                                        Tammie Brown
                                        Sharon Needles
                                        Alaska
                                        Raven
                                        Manila Luzon
                                        Alyssa Edwards

Comment

So, I finally got to watch season one a.k.a. "The Lost Season".

Aside from the camera (which is truly, absolutely awful for 2009 standards), it's a pretty decent season. In fact, if it had been shot in SD or HD, it probably would have been somewhere in the middle of a best-to-worst season countdown. The only other major downside of the season is how short it is, there are hardly any contestants. Watching season one is worth it alone so you can watch the Reunion, which is crazy.

SPOILERS (I GUESS) IN CASE ANYONE DECIDES TO WATCH IT...

That being all being said, Bebe was a totally deserving winner and Nina Flowers is an absolute sweetheart. Ongina is also great, her reveal on the main stage about her HIV was truly a touching moment. There was also a healthy dose of drama, with the villain Rebecca Glasscock, Akashia falling over on the runway, Shannel's attitude and her headpiece falling off etc.
                                          Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

This is what my top 10 would probably look like- it's difficult though.

Bianca Del Rio
                                            Bob The Drag Queen
                                            Milk
                                            Kim Chi
                                            Sasha Velour
                                            Detox
                                            Jinkx Monsoon
                                            Violet Chachki
                                            Naomi Smalls
                                            Katya

Comment

I can't handle these top tens!

Comment

I'm not really sure how Milk could be in anyone's top ten, I can't remember anything she did in her season, other than looking nice as boy Milk... and even then, it's hardly as if she was boy Pearl level of pretty.

Although I'm here for giving her another chance in AS3, because she didn't really get time to shine.

Comment

You must be the weird one!

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim
                                                    I'm not really sure how Milk could be in anyone's top ten, I can't remember anything she did in her season, other than looking nice as boy Milk... and even then, it's hardly as if she was boy Pearl level of pretty.

Although I'm here for giving her another chance in AS3, because she didn't really get time to shine.
                                                    She served some pretty odd looks

But yeah, I think her main reason for being popular is...

Comment

Completely forgot about all of those, although I feel like I should have remembered that RuPaul imitation one

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim

I think she served some of the most interesting/odd looks in the show's history and she was actually far being 'the pretty one' (he looks very good out of drag though). And besides that, I've been following Milk on the social media channels after the show and she comes accross as a really cool, levelheaded, inspiring person so that's why Milk is so high up in my ranking. Can totally understand why it would surprise people though

Comment

Originally posted by Fan
                                                          ...and she was actually far being 'the pretty one' (he looks very good out of drag though).
                                                          We definitely weren't claiming the former

Comment

Milk is just like Pearl to me, nice/good looks but that's about it. I find them a bit mediocre.

Comment

I didn't mind Pearl but not sure she should have been in the final. Definitely one of the hottest guys on the show!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X