Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuPaul's Drag Race - General Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by biscuits

    As long as we don't have to see Cynthia "CuCu" Fontaine again!
    Please no

    I'd love to see Milk back for All Stars. Always loved her and felt she was very underrated during her season. Acid Betty would be cool as well, just as Kim Chi, Naomi Smalls and Pearl.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

    Comment


    • #52
      AS1 was such a mess with a horrible winner! Raven, Jujubee and Latrice Royale are much more legendary than boring Chad Michaels

      Comment


      • #53
        They've definitely got to get Acid Betty and Trixie Mattel back in AS3 together. I'm 100% for Shangela being in it, she just HAS to be - does she still do drag?

        Also, I'm more interested to see who they could pull from S6 or prior that hasn't already won or been back. Kinda like how Tatiana came back so many years later.

        Then again, we still need to at least get through S10 before that is gonna happen.
        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

        Comment


        • #54
          Shangela still does drag, I met her in my local a few weeks back. She was lovely!

          Comment


          • #55
            Why is Trixie Matel popular? I assume she's doing some web show?

            Comment


            • #56
              Trixie is amazing. She really didn't come across so great on the show but she is hilarious on her YouTube show with Katya and in interviews. She tours with her own comedy show too. Watch her RuPaul impressions, they have me in tears

              [youtube:17knyyh7]tjRcecdGwQ8[/youtube:17knyyh7]

              And also...This

              Comment


              • #57
                Hmmm, seems as bland as ever to me. She already had her second chance on the show so wouldn't want her back in AS.

                Comment


                • #58
                  Bland? Oh, Katya is the one on the right.

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    Too early for AS3, we need at least one more season.

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Seeing Alyssa Edwards, Bianca Del Rio, Detox, Trinity Taylor, Latrice Royal, Violet Chachki, Kim Chi and Shangela live tonight (including meet and greet) #WTW

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        ^^Your picture with Alyssa is so cool! How were the other queens?
                        I was planning to see them in Rotterdam yesterday, but couldn't make it in the end unfortunately.
                        i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          Originally posted by Frederic
                          Seeing Alyssa Edwards, Bianca Del Rio, Detox, Trinity Taylor, Latrice Royal, Violet Chachki, Kim Chi and Shangela live tonight (including meet and greet) #WTW
                          Sounds fun! I would love to meet them

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            Originally posted by Thriller
                            Too early for AS3, we need at least one more season.
                            Right on the money. Apparently, AS3 starts filming right after S10.

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              Originally posted by biscuits
                              Hmmm, seems as bland as ever to me. She already had her second chance on the show so wouldn't want her back in AS.
                              agree so much, i dont get trixie mattel at all
                              shangela 100% needs to come back for an as3. she brings drama. hardly anyone post season 6 brought drama.

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                Originally posted by biscuits
                                I think S5 is commonly considered the best but it wasn't for me. I remember not really getting into it until a few episodes in. The Coco vs. Alyssa angle was the first time the show felt really scripted to me. Plus it had the worst winner ever so that really dents it. Tbh, I didn't really like anybody in this season
                                After watching AS2 and re-watching S5, I've changed my view! I still think it felt really scripted (it should have been Alyssa vs. Detox instead of the infamous Alyssa vs. Coco lip-sync battle, but of course that wouldn't have provided as much drama and it was inevitable these 2 queens had to face off at some point), and I will forever always think Jinkx Monsoon is the worst ever contestant.

                                But it's a really fun series overall! Alyssa, Detox, Alaska, Roxxxy, Coco (basically the AS2 queens) are some of the most memorable contestants ever! The first half of the series is really bogged down by filler queens, such as Honey Mahogany and Vivienne Panay, but once it's down to the final 6, it's a 5* series!

                                And some of the challenges are better than I remember too.

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Originally posted by biscuits
                                  After watching AS2 and re-watching S5, I've changed my view! I still think it felt really scripted (it should have been Alyssa vs. Detox instead of the infamous Alyssa vs. Coco lip-sync battle, but of course that wouldn't have provided as much drama and it was inevitable these 2 queens had to face off at some point), and I will forever always think Jinkx Monsoon is the worst ever contestant.

                                  But it's a really fun series overall! Alyssa, Detox, Alaska, Roxxxy, Coco (basically the AS2 queens) are some of the most memorable contestants ever! The first half of the series is really bogged down by filler queens, such as Honey Mahogany and Vivienne Panay, but once it's down to the final 6, it's a 5* series!

                                  And some of the challenges are better than I remember too.

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    Including Season 9 (but still can't rank S1), I have:

                                    1. All Stars 2
                                    2. Season 3
                                    3. Season 4
                                    4. Season 2
                                    5. Season 5
                                    6. Season 6
                                    7. Season 8
                                    8. All Stars 1
                                    9. Season 9
                                    10. Season 7

                                    Season 9 was fine, but just didn't have enough drama and had some whack challenges (didn't like 9021H0 or Kardashian musical). But the worst thing has to be the reintroduction of Cynthia "Cucu" Fontaine! Really pointless. The finale was one of the best though!

                                    Season 7 wasn't bad either, but a lot of the queens weren't that memorable. The scripting was too obvious too, such as Pearl (undeservedly) winning the challenge in the same episode she argued with Ru, or the 'how's your head?' comments with Miss Fame. Didn't really like the winner either. But it gave us the best Snatch Game.

                                    All Stars 1 was cute, but didn't really feel like a season of Drag Race.

                                    Season 8 went really quickly, but Bob made that series quality. I don't get all the love for Naomi Smalls in our survivor though, she was so weak up until the book challenge.

                                    Season 6 had the fewest filler queens I think, which is why I'm surprised that Bianca is the only remaining queen in our survivor. Adore, Courtney, Ben De La Creme, Gia, Milk, Vivacious, Laganja and Trinity are some of the most memorable queens post Season 5. I'm surprised only Adore was selected for AS2. I guess they'll be more in AS3.

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      My ranking would be something like:

                                      1. AS2
                                      2. S5
                                      3. S6
                                      4. S3
                                      5. S2
                                      6. S4
                                      7. S1 (severely underrated IMO, it had five of the best queens ever, namely Bebe, Nina Flowers, Shannel, Ongina and Tammie Brown)
                                      8. S9
                                      9. S7
                                      10. AS1 (a useless stunt to give Chad Michaels a crown)
                                      11. S8 (the pits)

                                      Comment


                                      • #69
                                        Originally posted by biscuits
                                        Season 6 had the fewest filler queens I think, which is why I'm surprised that Bianca is the only remaining queen in our survivor. I'm surprised only Adore was selected for AS2. I guess they'll be more in AS3.
                                        My feelings exactly.

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          Season 8 has had the best final three for me, when all my favourites got into the final and actually loved all three queens. Glad that Bob won in the end, but Kim Chi and Naomi were so good as well.
                                          i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

                                          Comment


                                          • #71
                                            Yeah, season 8 was a good final 3. Although I don't get the love for Naomi Smalls. She was nothing special

                                            Comment


                                            • #72
                                              Naomi wasn't the most exciting contestant, but I really liked her personality. And she has to be one of the best looking queens ever featured on the show, both in and out of drag.
                                              i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

                                              Comment


                                              • #73
                                                I'm trying to convince my friend to watch this but she's very stubborn. I sent her the Roxxxy vs. Alyssa lip sync to try persuade her. Any other clips to convert her y'all recommend?

                                                Comment


                                                • #74
                                                  Originally posted by biscuits
                                                  I'm trying to convince my friend to watch this but she's very stubborn. I sent her the Roxxxy vs. Alyssa lip sync to try persuade her. Any other clips to convert her y'all recommend?
                                                  The Alyssa VS Tatianna lip sync is pretty legendary!!!

                                                  Who are your favourite queens Biscuits? you seem to hate everyone I love!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #75
                                                    Some of my faves are:
                                                    Jujubee
                                                    Raja (my #1)
                                                    Latrice Royale
                                                    Bob The Drag Queen

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X