Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLOW

[youtube:37awhtqk]AZqDO6cTYVY[/youtube:37awhtqk]

GLOW is an American comedy-drama television series created by Liz Flahive and Carly Mensch. The series revolves around a fictionalization of the characters and gimmicks of the 1980s syndicated women's professional wrestling circuit, the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (or GLOW) originally created by David McLane. The first season consists of 10 episodes and was released via Netflix on June 23, 2017.
    This may be the best out-and-out comedy Netflix has produced. Kimmy Schmidt couldn't sustain the novelty of the first season.
    Great soundtrack, costumes, lots of (not just gorgeous) women (a surprising amount of nudity) and our own Kate Nash in a recurring role. OITNB's Jenji Kohan is an exec prod and wrote episode 6. The creators were writers on OITNB and Nurse Jackie.
    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (25th Jan 20) - TBM and 19 Albums incl. Hatari, LBT, Aplin

I binge-watched this over 2 days and found it quite entertaining, I also liked how they managed to mesh a bit of the mid 80s vibe with some bits of 70s stuff here and there, which back then was very much the case, depending on how "advanced" the city/region you used to live in was. I mean it wasn't like: end of the 70s.... -BOOM- everyone's wearing mesh gloves and painting themselves in neon colors, it was much more gradual than that, but I knew it was sorta "inspired" by the 80s anyway. LOL at that pregnancy test!

Comment

Love this show!! Favorite part was the black wrestlers vs. KKK. I almost shit my pants

Whats the chances of Season 2??
      Please Stop the Music

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen
        I binge-watched this over 2 days and found it quite entertaining, I also liked how they managed to mesh a bit of the mid 80s vibe with some bits of 70s stuff here and there, which back then was very much the case, depending on how "advanced" the city/region you used to live in was. I mean it wasn't like: end of the 70s.... -BOOM- everyone's wearing mesh gloves and painting themselves in neon colors, it was much more gradual than that, but I knew it was sorta "inspired" by the 80s anyway. LOL at that pregnancy test!
        Thank god I wasn't the only one that noticed. Stranger Things was also adept at that, but that was set in the early 80s. There's still people that have kept their perm from 30 years ago, its never gonna be completely one decades style in a decade.
        Please Stop the Music

Comment

I was a bit surprised to see "F**k Nixon" grafitti still on a toilet door ten years after Watergate.
          Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (25th Jan 20) - TBM and 19 Albums incl. Hatari, LBT, Aplin

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
            (a surprising amount of nudity) and our own Kate Nash in a recurring role.
            Nude scene from Kate Nash
            Too Much Music
            Too Much Music @Facebook
            Too Much Music @Twitter
            Scotland Social League

Comment

^ "How do they stay up there?"

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
                ^ "How do they stay up there?"
                That made me laugh
                I've yet to watch any of the series other than that scene
                Too Much Music
                Too Much Music @Facebook
                Too Much Music @Twitter
                Scotland Social League

Comment

http://deadline.com/2018/04/glow-season ... 202366862/

‘GLOW’ Pins Down Season 2 Premiere Date;

The ladies of Netflix’s GLOW will be back for their 10-episode Season 2 on June 29.

Comment

Just started today. The Pilot was hilarious.
                    DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

GLOW S3 Aug 9

Genna Davis has joined the cast!

Comment

I love this show, I'm definitely looking forward for season 3.
                        Ain't you ever seen a princess be a bad bitch?

Comment

Originally posted by 17Something View Post
                          I love this show, I'm definitely looking forward for season 3.
                          Agreed! I think it's the real hidden gem of Netflix. One of my favourite shows for sure but I don't know anyone who has watched it.

Comment

I liked the first season, though it was good, but the second one was so much better and truly great. I think it's great they're switching things up for season 3 with LA.
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

new season is OUT!

Comment

I'm halfway through season 3. The opening scene of the season was brilliant, but the show is kind of crashing and burning faster than the Challenger. It's... Boring? Geena Davis is badly underutilized.

Comment

I might have spoken too soon because episode 5 is one of the best episodes of the show. It's crazy AF

Comment

I thought Season 3 was the best season yet. I love how it manages to equally balances comedy and drama so well. Was also great that season shone some light on the supporting ensemble too. Hoping that season 4 will be confirmed soon

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                      I might have spoken too soon because episode 5 is one of the best episodes of the show. It's crazy AF
                                      I did speak a bit too soon because from episode 5 to the end it's amazing. S2 was more even and fun for me though, but this one definitely progressed the characters a lot more and I love where each of them is heading.

Comment

I am still stuck on epi 2 lol I almost fell asleep, is it my idea or Geena's character should be more prominent? like, she's a good actress yet she's somehow just plunked there.... hope she's featured more later on ..

Comment

I watched this first 2 seasons over the summer. I loved it. Bash is hot.

Comment

Working...
                                          X