X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer:

Can't wait for Sunday!

Comment

Two good episodes in a row. I really relate to Molly sometimes.
      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        Two good episodes in a row. I really relate to Molly sometimes.
        I enjoyed the first episode. I'm so much like Issa. I will check out episode 2 later today.

Comment

Kelli is easily the greatest character in this show! "Ni**a, I'm from Philly!"

I really hope Issa and Molly mend their friendship by season-end.

Comment

Loved this article!

Originally posted by The Cut
            More Natasha Rothwell, I Beg of You

When Natasha Rothwell met Issa Rae over a video call, she was a comedian, actor, producer, theater director with no plans of leaving New York City. By the time Rothwell had gotten to the city, she had already cut her teeth within the improv and sketch scene of Washington, D.C. and Tokyo. She joined the Upright Citizens Brigade, and in 2014 landed a coveted position in the SNL writer’s room. But a chance to be part of the Insecure writer’s room crafting the complicated, 30-something, black characters in L.A. was an offer she couldn’t refuse. “Some people leave New York running and I left a little bit kicking and screaming,” she said. “I have a dog and the whole thing now. So the commitment is real.”

While helping write the character of Kelli — the hilarious, self-possessed, and fiercely loyal friend in the group — Rothwell was asked to bring her comedic skill on camera. Confident in her body and sexuality (and the only character that seems to own up to her own mess) Kelli quickly became a fan favorite. Today, Rothwell is a writer, actor, and supervising producer on Insecure, which is currently airing its fourth season and has been picked up for a fifth, and also an aspiring film and television director. And in her spare time, she’s not afraid to talk politics — whether that means encouraging people to vote or tweeting to remind the president he is “absolute trash.” I recently spoke to Rothwell about working on the show, teaching her team how to advocate for black women, and why she’d rather focus on healing people with comedy rather than punching down at them.

How have you been taking care of yourself during self-isolation?
            I’m just taking it one day at a time. I’m an overachiever and a perfectionist, and I think that the pressure to be productive is real. But the reality is, it’s not productivity under normal circumstances. It’s under crippling anxiety and financial uncertainty. Friends, extended family, and relatives might be suffering and so it’s about having grace with yourself and other people when it comes to feeling like you have to do, do, do, and go, go, go.
            Read the rest of the excellent article by following the link below:

https://www.thecut.com/2020/05/more-...ll-please.html

Comment

I still haven't seen the new one yet! need to get on it soon

Comment

Missing Toyota! This is funny, but low-key heartbreaking, too.

Comment

This show is so effortlessly amazing. I love that we got some screentime with Issa and her mom. The scenes with Issa and those girls were a mess, though. People suck!

So it seems that the show gave us a solo Issa episode this week, and we're getting Molly and her beau on a romantic getaway next week. I guess the point is to show how they function separately before they (hopefully!) reunite in the season finale.

Comment

How is this show so damn good all the time? Another awesome episode tonight! Getting to see Regine from Living Single was a pleasant surprise.

Comment

I really really enjoy season 4

Comment

Loved the Lawrence/Issa conversations on Sunday's episode. I'm happy that they've reached the point where they can both acknowledge how they contributed to the demise of their relationship...and it's sweet how they seem to have come full circle and may be ready to give it another shot.

Fingers crossed for a similar mending of bridges this week with Molly! The Issa/Molly friendship is still my favourite relationship on the show, so hoping they reunite ASAP.

Comment

Another great episode this week...though it looks like the Issa/Molly friendship might not be patched up by the end of next week's season finale.

"Do you want to be right or do you want to be in a relationship?" The way Molly's therapist came with all the smoke made me scream.

I marvel all the time at how at ease this show is in its writing and acting. They literally stitched in a slavery joke tonight and had it feel light-hearted, authentic, and funny. I don't want this to end yet.

Comment

I'm two episodes behind! This show puts me in my feelings each episode. I see myself and my relationships played out on screen each week.

Comment

What an incredible season finale. I really enjoyed the Tiffany storyline as she's the one out of the quartet that has a lot of what many people would consider to be the major adulthood boxes ticked (marriage, child, social life) and I like that the show's writers took her character to that point where something was broken and she just didn't know how to fix it.

As for the Lawrence/Condola/Issa bomb-drop, I don't think I've ever really been invested in Lawrence and Issa as a pair. They do have history, but I think that reveal towards the end should be the final nail in the coffin for them, but let's see.

I am very much here for Issa and Molly patching things up. S5 can't come quickly enough, honestly!

Comment

What an ending, can't wait for season five

And check out the music soundtrack (from seasons 1-4) posted by yours truly: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/albums-aa/113467-insecure-music-from-hbo-series

Comment

Points were made.

Comment

Working...
                                  X