Liar [ITV]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liar [ITV]

Liar is a six-part thriller miniseries created by brothers Harry and Jack Williams, and co-produced by SundanceTV and ITV. The series stars Joanne Froggatt and Ioan Gruffudd, and debuted on ITV on 11 September 2017.

Laura (played be Joanne Froggatt) is a smart and dedicated teacher, not long out of a relationship and unsure about getting back on the dating scene. Andrew (played by Ioan Gruffudd) is a renowned surgeon whose son is a pupil at Laura's school. An initial attraction leads to a date, but neither fully realizes the far-reaching consequences that their meeting will have on each other or their families. Truth and consequences go hand in hand in the tense and gripping thriller that examines both sides of a relationship and both sides of the truth. Are there really two sides to every story?

My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

I'm a fan of Joanne Froggatt so I had to watch the pilot and it was really good. You couldn't say who of the two was telling the truth because they both seemed so convincing.
    Can't wait for episode two!

Comment

Watched it, enjoyed it.

My theory... they had sex, he left, somebody else came around and raped her. Maybe his surgeon colleague, maybe her brother in law, maybe the ex!?.

Comment

I've downloaded it as Adam said it was good on Twitter.

Will plan some time in to watch it!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
          My theory... they had sex, he left, somebody else came around and raped her. Maybe his surgeon colleague, maybe her brother in law, maybe the ex!?.
          Good theory!

Comment

Excellent second episode. Joanne Froggatt's acting is superb.

Comment

I wonder what's happened with this guy who's claiming she's accused someone of rape before! It's all against her at the moment but I think it'll swing back to her favour soon enough.

Comment

Episode three was amazing! Im really loving this.

Comment

Wait, there's two more episodes! I thought that was the finale and I was really pissed off.

So as it stands, it's seeming that he obviously did do it... it became apparent the minute he asked that police officer in for a drink the second his case was dropped! He's a psychopath. Unless there's another big twist coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                    Wait, there's two more episodes! I thought that was the finale and I was really pissed off.

So as it stands, it's seeming that he obviously did do it... it became apparent the minute he asked that police officer in for a drink the second his case was dropped! He's a psychopath. Unless there's another big twist coming.
                    Im sure theres three more episodes?

I think there will be another twist, theyre both playing really convincing roles!

Comment

You're right, there's six in total.

Comment

This gets better with every episode and probably one of the top programs on TV right now.

Comment

So it's definitely him... as if he raped the police officer too while she was knocked out! He's like a professional sex offender. Look forward to his downfall!

Comment

What did we make of the finale? I think it would've been more satisfying for him to have been arrested and jailed - at least if they're going to have him murdered, let us see it! I'd like to think there's a series two coming based around the murder.

Comment

The drama peaked with Earlham's grisly death - but with unanswered questions of who, when, where and how it happened. As the credits rolled, ITV announced there would be a second series.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41650456

Comment

Season 2 won't air until 2019. :-?

Comment

Season 2 will begin on March 2 on ITV:

From digitalspy:
                                  ITV has been teasing the return of Liar for a while now, and now we officially have the premiere date for the first episode of series 2.

The official ITV Press Centre Twitter account made the announcement today (February 19), stating that the first of six new episodes will air on Monday, March 2 at 9pm on ITV.

The final episode of the first series saw the death of serial sexual assault perpetrator Andrew Earlham (Ioan Gruffudd), but we didn't actually learn who killed him, although many people have a motive to do so.

Series 2 is going to (hopefully) answer the question of who was the killer, and will use shifting timelines to explore the events leading up to Andrew's death. Get your notepad and pens out for this one, people!

As well as the returning cast members/suspects, series two will feature some new characters, including former Coronation Street actress Katherine Kelly as DI Karen Renton. The star previously worked with Liar co-creators on a similar thriller called Cheat.

The Musketeers' Howard Charles and former Emmerdale star Amy Nuttall will also be appearing in series 2.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30998...turn-air-date/
                                  Last edited by Benny; Thu February 20th, 2020, 20:01.

Comment

Hope this is as good as series one.

Comment

The first episode of season 2 was good, the time jumps were a bit confusing though. I forgot lots of stuff that happened in season one, I should have re-watched it before watching the episode.

Comment

So far it’s a bit generic but I like Katherine Kelly’s character. Laura is actually a bit annoying.

Wonder what was in the container?

Comment

Last night's episode was disappointing, there were too many flashbacks which made it feel like a filler episode. The 2nd season in general is mediocre and not nearly as strong as season one.

Comment

Yes it was a pure filler episode for sure!

Comment

The final episode was great, enjoyed how they wrapped it all up.

Comment

Working...
                                              X