Eurovision Song Contest 2019: Tel Aviv, Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Love Australia when you were watching it completely - especially at the beginning it looked flawless. However, during the short recap, it didn't look good so I don't think it will win as many casual watchers will vote after seeing the recap.
    How do you know they will use the same segment for the recap on Saturday? (Especially now that the producers have read your comment here on UKMix ;).)

Comment

• Semifinal 2 (My ranking)
      1. Austria (Paenda - Limits)
      2. Romania (Ester Peony - On A Sunday)
      3. Moldova (Anna Odobescu - Stay)
      4. Croatia (Roko - The Dream)
      5. Ireland (Sarah McTernan - 22)
      6. Latvia (Carousel - That Night)
      7. Lithuania (Jurijus - Run With The Lions)
      8. Macedonia (Tamara Todevska - Proud)
      9. Norway (Keiino - Spirit In The Sky)
      10. Netherlands (Duncan Laurence - Arcade)
      11. Switzerland (Luca Hanni - She Got Me)
      12. Sweden (John Lundvik - Too Late For Love)
      13. Denmark (Leonora - Love Is Forever)
      14. Azerbaijan (Chingiz - Truth)
      15. Russia (Sergey Lazarev - Scream)
      16. Armenia (Srbuk - Walking Out)
      17. Malta (Michela - Chameleon)
      18. Albania (Jonida Maliqi - Ktheju Tokes)

All songs, which I dislike will go into the final.
      Last edited by LastDreamer; Wed May 15th, 2019, 19:27.
      My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
        TBH after that, I'm surprised that Australia still sits behind Sweden and Netherlands in the odds, I mean it was ridiculously good, possibly the best staging I've ever seen on the show...I can't stop watching it.
        Everything about Kate's performance was 1000% perfection. <3 Out of all the performances, Kate's vocal was virtually identical to the studio recording. That's made all the impressive with the fact she was swinging around for most of it.

I especially loved the shot with earth below and Kate and the two backing dancers/singers appearing as aliens overlooking planet earth. A truly wonderful and amazingly well thought out concept and staging.

I didn't even rate Zero gravity as first as opera and dance are two genres i usually find clash awkwardly, but after last night i was blown away and totally won over.

Comment

• When do we get the running order, Friday?

Comment

• Guys, will Eurovision be streamed from Youtube?
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              Guys, will Eurovision be streamed from Youtube?
              First Semi was, so I guess the second Semi and the Final will have a livestream as well

Comment

First Semi was, so I guess the second Semi and the Final will have a livestream as well
                Thanks

Since Turkey don't participate anymore, TRT isn't broadcasting it.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• When do you fans think Madonna will be performing, going on past slots when do artist perform Will it be before voting on Saturday? Any info be greatfully recieved

Comment

Thanks

Since Turkey don't participate anymore, TRT isn't broadcasting it.
                    Serhat is winning for them as well
                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxf4S_4DBnf/

Wow, #conancancelled
                      So once again the Portuguese artist insults other entrants and once again one of my favs of this year is being a rude b*tch.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if we're the most hated ESC country among the fans atm cuz we kinda deserve it.
                      I'm so disappointed because irrespective of the extravagant personality on stage, he seemed like a really nice guy, don't know why he had to ruin that impression with such an unnecessary move.
                      ¡Eh, mamá!
                      Me quiero matar
                      El mundo se va a la mierda
                      Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Good luck for Austria, Romania, Lithuania, Latvia, Moldova and Ireland.

Please DNQ for Russia and Albania.
                        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks the Swedish entry is so damn cheesy? I really don't see why it's a potential winner according to betting odds other than it being the Swedish entry

Comment

• Considering in his interviews, Serhat has only ever been positive and wanted to spread love and happiness, how dare Conan be rude about him like that, the better performance of the 2 got through in my opinion anyhow
                            1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

• Originally posted by stevejb4u View Post
                              When do you fans think Madonna will be performing, going on past slots when do artist perform Will it be before voting on Saturday? Any info be greatfully recieved
                              Most likely during the voting period, so after the performances of all countries. There'll probably be some other things during that break though and it's also possible she'll perform as the opening number (though that would be untypical for the ESC).

Comment

• While it's nice to have Austria, Germany and Switzerland being able to vote in the same Semi-Final tonight, it's pretty unlucky as today's Thursday and Germany's Next Topmodel airs as well which is huge in these three countries and basically has the same audience that would vote for Luca Hänni as well.

I know he should be a sure qualifier but it's Switzerland after all. I'm still worried...

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  When do we get the running order, Friday?

on Friday after midnight, eurovision.tv will announce the running order

Comment

While it's nice to have Austria, Germany and Switzerland being able to vote in the same Semi-Final tonight, it's pretty unlucky as today's Thursday and Germany's Next Topmodel airs as well which is huge in these three countries and basically has the same audience that would vote for Luca Hänni as well.

I know he should be a sure qualifier but it's Switzerland after all. I'm still worried...

Haha but Switzerland doesn't need Germany's help this time so all good. Fingers crossed they will help Austria qualify!!

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the Swedish entry is so damn cheesy? I really don't see why it's a potential winner according to betting odds other than it being the Swedish entry

Sweden has a very good song, radio-friendly and catchy but i cannot see it as a winner. It will do very well with juries.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevejb4u View Post
                                        When do you fans think Madonna will be performing, going on past slots when do artist perform Will it be before voting on Saturday? Any info be greatfully recieved

It will be during the voting. Netta said she will perform before Madonna

Comment

Guys, will Eurovision be streamed from Youtube?

Yes! You can also watch Eurovision on İctimai Television (Azerbaijani public broadcaster)

Youtube streaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMnZWPe-UaM

Comment

Most likely during the voting period, so after the performances of all countries. There'll probably be some other things during that break though and it's also possible she'll perform as the opening number (though that would be untypical for the ESC).
                                            Thanks for the information, appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                              https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxf4S_4DBnf/

Wow, #conancancelled
                                              So once again the Portuguese artist insults other entrants and once again one of my favs of this year is being a rude b*tch.
                                              I wouldn't be surprised if we're the most hated ESC country among the fans atm cuz we kinda deserve it.
                                              I'm so disappointed because irrespective of the extravagant personality on stage, he seemed like a really nice guy, don't know why he had to ruin that impression with such an unnecessary move.

What did he say exactly? I couldn't hear well.... all i heard was the nanana part.

Portugal is not a hated ESC country, fans love Portugal and this year's entry. However, we had provided feedback on the staging and it's a shame that the PT delegation did not do anything about it... it was quite clear that the wide audience would not get behind this weird and random performance (and horrible outfits...). :(

A shame because it is a great song and for the first time the ESC entry was a hit in Portugal..

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
                                                https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxf4S_4DBnf/

Wow, #conancancelled
                                                Love people with attitude. Yeah, a bit of a sore loser (or sore winner in Salvador's case) attitude, but Eurovision doesn't have enough scandals and drama, we need more and more.
                                                I think he was just poking fun at Eurofans in general

Comment

• Favourite entries tonight:

Switzerland
                                                  The Netherlands
                                                  Austria
                                                  Ireland
                                                  Sweden
                                                  Romania
                                                  North Macedonia
                                                  Azerbaijan
                                                  Norway
                                                  Malta

Austria could be a surprise qualifier if juries support it. Ireland might end last unfortunately.

Albania-Armenia-Romania-Denmark are borderline. Armenia and Denmark have friends voting in SF2 and Albania has the big voice that juries will appreciate, plus some countries voting tonight with big Albanian diaspora.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post
                                                    Sweden has a very good song, radio-friendly and catchy but i cannot see it as a winner. It will do very well with juries.
                                                    Sweden has a slightly updated Boyz II Men song from the 90s and a one-man boyband John Lundvik. It only sounds good live because that studio cut is lifeless and polished.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X