Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK TV Discussion (ratings, news, TV shows)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know if there’s any fans here (I want to give this a go as it does look rather good):

Bloodlands: 'Irish-noir' drama to return for a second series

The BBC crime drama Bloodlands, which is set in Northern Ireland and stars local actor James Nesbitt, is to return for a second series.

The first series concluded earlier on Sunday night after launching last month with an average of 8.2 million viewers.

The BBC said the audience share of the premiere episode in NI made it the broadcaster's biggest ever drama launch locally.

Nesbitt said he was "thrilled" to be returning for a second series.

"I'm always happy to be back in Northern Ireland and to reveal even more about Tom Brannick," said Nesbitt.

It will again be filmed in Belfast and surrounding areas, including Strangford Lough in County Down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56396491

Comment

• BBC One’s police corruption series Line Of Duty returned for its sixth season on Sunday night with a record audience of 9.56 million.

The World Productions drama, written by Bodyguardcreator Jed Mercurio, beat its previous best overnight performance of 9.1M viewers for Season 5’s finale back in 2019, according to overnight BARB figures supplied by overnights.tv. It was the highest-rated show in the UK on Sunday night.

Line Of Duty’s 9.6M viewers for BBC One made it the best performing drama on UK television since Bodyguard broadcast in 2018, per UK trade Broadcast. Its audience will only rise once streaming and catch-up viewing is factored in.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/line-of...-6-1234719015/

Comment

• You know, I feel I’m missing out on this Line of Duty business. Probably need to watch it.
        Words are useless, especially sentences.
        they don’t stand for anything.
        How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
          You know, I feel I’m missing out on this Line of Duty business. Probably need to watch it.
          Oh god, have you not watched it?

All five previous seasons are on iPlayer - start at the beginning, you will not regret it. It’s MUST WATCH television IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Oh god, have you not watched it?

All five previous seasons are on iPlayer - start at the beginning, you will not regret it. It’s MUST WATCH television IMO.
            No, I haven’t watched it. I think I watched episode one of season two thinking it was a brand new show, then took the huff when I found out I’d missed an entire season and turned it off.
            Words are useless, especially sentences.
            they don’t stand for anything.
            How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

No, I haven’t watched it. I think I watched episode one of season two thinking it was a brand new show, then took the huff when I found out I’d missed an entire season and turned it off.
              Can you watch it please?

Comment

• It’s a behemoth that defies the streaming, binge-watching era by sticking to once a week!

Comment

• Don't know who is in charge of scheduling at BBC, but last night we had Masterchef on BBC1 and Great British Menu on BBC2 at the same time It's like Sunday morning TV where someone is making a curry on every channel.
                  1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• I don't know how this show survives without Nicola Walker tbh - has anyone been watching it? I LOVED for the first 3 seasons and I'm halfway through (having binged) the 4th season - the final episode of the 4th series fetched 5.5m viewers, great figures for ITV.

The series has consolidated really well as well (episode 1 consolidated to nearly 10m viewers after 28 days, including streaming viewers - phenomenal).

==========================================

BBC airing a new series I Can See Your Voice with episode 1 airing 10 April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08jrhjz

Paddy McGuinness hosts as Jimmy Carr, Alison Hammond and Amanda Holden try to sort the good singers from the bad. With guest star Danny Jones of McFly.

==========================================

Dragon's Den is also back...

2.8m (15%) for Dragons Den.

Source: Liam Hamilton on Twitter

Comment

• Alison Hammond finally getting her primetime slot she deserves, could do without Holden though.

Comment

• The final episode of Unforgotten is
                        Spoiler!

Comment

• I just can't believe that the BBC have put the same royal programmes on both BBC 1 and BBC 2 all day and all night! It's absolutely disgusting. One channel, yes OK, but not both! I bet there will be thousands of complainants.
                          I thought they learned something when the Queen Mother died years ago. Clearly not.
                          Not everyone liked the guy. Or The royals! And we all know what he thought about when Diana died.

This country gets worse each day!
                          Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

• They’ve had to set up a special complaints page specifically for it, they’ve had so many complaints. It is utterly bizarre.

Comment

• Radio 2 had news coverage all day, and then when I tried it again early evening when Sara Cox is usually on, it had Ken Bruce playing "songs that are in line with the current mood of the day" like "How long Will I Love You" by Ellie Goulding and "This Years Love" by David Gray. Songs to send you to sleep at drive time seems like a recipe for disaster!
                              1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• I’ve been working all day but find it bizarre they’d have the same coverage on both channels, doesn’t feel necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  They’ve had to set up a special complaints page specifically for it, they’ve had so many complaints. It is utterly bizarre.
                                  Well that has cheered me up no end. It's a good job my dad qualifies for a free TV licence, because he hadn't I would have been asking for a full refund. It's time the BBC learned they are not the Royal Channel and not a government propaganda station.

Comment

• There’s hundreds of tv channels and radio stations, you could’ve watched or listened to something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                      There’s hundreds of tv channels and radio stations, you could’ve watched or listened to something else?
                                      That's not the point. People pay for the BBC with a fee and they have no right to broadcast the same thing on the two main channels. It's bad enough with the removal of programs for government propaganda about the Covid updates, most of which could have been held off till the news. But they also suspended BBC Four!
                                      And nearly all of the rest of the channels had removed programmes for specials to do with it.
                                      Fortunately ITV2 had Harry Potter on, so I watched that. Quite frankly I was more upset at the death of Sirus Black, than a Duke who went around shooting animals and claimed to be an environmental advocate.

Comment

• You have hundreds of channels to choose from, there is an even better option: press that magic on / off button on your remote.

​​​​​​
                                        The latter works wonders.
                                        ​​​​
                                        Last edited by Nippian93; Sat April 10, 2021, 12:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post
                                          You have hundreds of channels to choose from, there is an even better option: press that magic on / off button on your remote.

​​​​​​
                                          The latter works wonders.
                                          ​​​​
                                          Missing the point. There were shows I wanted to watch on the BBC channels which were cancelled. They dedicated FOUR channels to the coverage, even playing the same programme simultaneously on two channels at one point.

I don’t see why they couldn’t have just had BBC One and BBC News dedicated to the coverage, moved BBC One’s programming to BBC Two and kept BBC Four as is. It was just excessive and silly.

Comment

• Well, I didn’t watch any of the BBC channels for most of the evening, but I also didn’t have an issue with it - he was a very important figure in the U.K. and there was a fine balance to strike (maybe the BBC did too much, maybe they got it just right).

If you think this is bad, wait until the Queen passes away - it’ll be days on end of non-stop coverage.

Comment

• I do get Graham’s point regarding the BBC though, it’s the only network we pay for, there wasn’t a need to spread it across two broadcast channels. They could’ve done it on BBC1 then on a digital channel instead, plus I’m sure it would have been the only thing on BBC news channel.

We missed out on an episode of EastEnders.

Comment

• Isn't the point that everyone has to pay for the BBC services. All the other channels are done from sponsorships, advertising, or direct payments from individuals, who can A afford to pay, B choose another service provider when they don't provide what they want.
                                                This means that the BBC has to provide a service that provides alternatives - not the same thing on both channels or shut them down for no reason whatsoever.
                                                I do know what it would be like when the Queen goes. But I would expect that to be the case and she is still the head of the Government. So yes it would be a massive change and have loads of political discussions connected with it.
                                                But in this case he was just a member of the family. There will be no change in the way the country will be run as a result of his death and he wasn't that popular a royal with the people, giving out insulting remarks. And we all know what he thought of Diana!

We don't live in the 1920's or 1930's anymore, it's time the BBC woke up to this.

Comment

• How much was there to say about the man that it needed 10 hours on multiple channels? It verged on North Korean propaganda telly

Thankfully Channel 4 saw sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                                    I do get Graham’s point regarding the BBC though, it’s the only network we pay for, there wasn’t a need to spread it across two broadcast channels. They could’ve done it on BBC1 then on a digital channel instead, plus I’m sure it would have been the only thing on BBC news channel.

We missed out on an episode of EastEnders.
                                                    Well, you (might) pay for Sky as well but you don’t get to dictate what goes on there Though I accept the point is not exactly the same, before someone chimes in and accuses me of not getting it.

The BBC is the UK’s public service broadcaster and is duty bound to make sure the nation’s news is shared - they might’ve done too much this time (though I’m not sure they see it like that as they’ve got Phillip related programmes on all day again and he dominates the news).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X