Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK TV Discussion (ratings, news, TV shows)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC reporting a peak viewership of 31m.
    I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
      BBC reporting a peak viewership of 31m.
      Euro 2020 final: TV audience peaked at 31m as England lost on penalties

A TV audience of 30.95 million watched the tense closing minutes of the Euro 2020 final, overnight figures show.

Ratings peaked during the penalty shootout between England and Italy at Wembley Stadium on Sunday, which was broadcast on both the BBC and ITV.

An average of 29.85m watched the whole match, according to the figures.

Broadcast on both the BBC and ITV, the combined figure makes it the highest TV audience since the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1997.While England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford saved two of the Azzurri's spot kicks, the Lions' striker Marcus Rashford hit the post before Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka had their spot-kicks saved to hand Italy victory.

"You can cut ratings in so many different ways and audience measurement has changed over the years, but safe to say this: it is among the biggest audiences in UK broadcasting history," said Deadline's international editor Jake Kanter.

To give a recent comparison, Prime Minister Boris Johnson's statement announcing strict new coronavirus restrictions in March last year was watched by more than 27 million, the highest audience in recent history.

The official audience for Sunday's match may rise when those who saw it via catch-up services are taken into account.
      The majority of people watched on BBC compared to ITV by a factor of more than four to one. The figures include those watching on ITV+1.

Comment

• Anyone watch Lie With Me on Channel 5 with Charlie Brooks as lead? Really great series, only four episodes. A whiff of Janine about it too.

Spartan one for you.

Comment

• X Factor formally axed by Simon Cowell - will not be coming back (it was previously put on hold for a couple of years).

Jedward are delighted…

Comment

• Good, shame it didn’t have one last planned final series where they could’ve gone out with a bang instead of a whimper.

Comment

• Won’t miss it in its most recent form - it was never going to reclaim its former glories. Probably for the best for all involved that the Allstars series didn’t happen.

Comment

• I wonder what the ratings were like on ITV last night, they were really trying to push the Saturday Night TV vibe again with their advertising. The Cube and Beat The Chasers would have probably done well as tried formats, but I decided to watch Paul O'Grady's Saturday Night Line Up as I love Paul and was interested to see him on a new entertainment show, but my God it was drab. Incredibly boring long winded show, ranking the celebrities on very dull questions, that seemed to take forever.
                1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

Comment

• Mega ratings for the tennis, C4 had more viewers than the other three main channels combined.

Comment

• Didn’t even know any tennis was on!

Nor did I know The Cube and BTC are back on… I’m really out of touch with weekend telly these days, all the best stuff is on in the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Mega ratings for the tennis, C4 had more viewers than the other three main channels combined.
                      Awesome ratings, The BBC are under fire for not paying for the rights considering they show Wimbledon.

Comment

• Binged "The Cleaner" on BBC. It's a must view. 10/10
                        trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                        trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor View Post
                          Binged "The Cleaner" on BBC. It's a must view. 10/10
                          I’m meaning to start this!

Comment

Working...
                          X