Rod Taylor
    Tippi Hedren
    Jessica Tandy
    Suzanne Pleshette
    Veronica Cartwright

Trailer
    [youtube:202fzkcl]0fJh2gIBOto[/youtube:202fzkcl]

Let's discuss
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

One of my favorites. I remember there was talk of a remake with George Clooney and Naomi Watts years ago but nothing transpired.

Comment

I loved this film growing up. It used to proper scare me!

Apparent poor Tippi went through hell making this lol. Hitchcock wasn't very nice to her. Even going as far as using real birds without telling her.
      Love you like a love song!

Comment

Love seeing threads like this, good to know there are people who appreciate classic films.
        As for the Birds never really liked it. No celluloid magic here and It's one of my least favorite Hitchcock films. Tippi never was much of an believable actress and was so bad here but to be fair she was slightly better in Marnie.

Comment

Originally posted by Odyssey
          Love seeing threads like this, good to know there are people who appreciate classic films.
          As for the Birds never really liked it. No celluloid magic here and It's one of my least favorite Hitchcock films. Tippi never was much of an believable actress and was so bad here but to be fair she was slightly better in Marnie.
          Glad you like it, more movies to come all from last century I suppose

I liked Tippis performance in this movie overall

And I watched the movie for the first time this year, it's great but yes, not Hitchcock's best from those I watched yet
          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

One of Hitchcock's best films, Tippi Hedren was not the best actress but she did fine in this (especially considering the way he treated her during filming), Jessica Tandy was great as ever, that scene she has in the bedroom is not one I'll forget

Seems that the BBC are set to do a remake but it will follow the book more closely ie will be set in Cornwall and focus on a farmhand and his family (as in the book)
            RIP The Queen Of Disco

Comment

Re: The Birds (1963)

I do know it went on to inspire Steven Speilberg when he did Jaws.
              Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

Classic film but when I re-watched it recently I realised Hitchcock had copped out slightly - we see a corpse with empty eye sockets early on but the birds don't really go for anybody's eyes in the later attacks.

There was a silly but fun and gorier semi-remake called Birds of Prey directed by Rene Cardona Jr in 1987.

Comment

Watched this at an Open air cinema 1-2 years ago. I thought it was horrible and terribly long.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalweb View Post
                    Classic film but when I re-watched it recently I realised Hitchcock had copped out slightly - we see a corpse with empty eye sockets early on but the birds don't really go for anybody's eyes in the later attacks.

There was a silly but fun and gorier semi-remake called Birds of Prey directed by Rene Cardona Jr in 1987.
                    That was a scary scene for me in the movie ^^

Comment

I thought I left a post but I did not hit "Post Reply."

This is my 2nd all-time favorite Hitchcock Film. My first being Rear Window. I can't believe there is an actual topic regarding this film. I honestly think out of all of his Oscar snubs, Hitchcock should have WON Best Director for The Birds.
                      Diva!!!

Comment

Ridiculous he never won even one Best Director Oscar...

Comment

That's true :O

@Tifan: Rear Window is my favourite too. Maybe I finally should make more topics like this one.

Comment

I love rear window but this holds a special place for me. When I was like 10 I went to Disney world with my nan and she took me to the 3d Birds experience. It was terrifying but it made me want to watch the film and I'm glad I did. Poor tippy though. She did not have an easy time making this.
                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

It's been a few years since I've seen this and I don't remember too much of it but I definitely enjoyed it.
                              I remember enjoying 'Rear Window' more though...so good!

As cliche as it is, 'Psycho' is my fave Hitchcock movie. Want to see 'Vertigo' sometime soon.
                              "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                              "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

Working...
                              X