The Good Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Place

Anyone else watching this comedy with Ted Danson and Kristen Bell.

It's on Netflix and updated weekly. I've watched the first 4 episodes and it's actually very funny.

The premise is that after you die you go to either the good place or the bad place. Basically Kristens character has been sent to the good place by accident and it starts to crumble the good place. I'm not explaining it very well but I do think you all should give it a go!
    Love you like a love song!

It's up to near the end of the second season on Netflix (it's on NBC weekly in US). Didn't start watching til i saw some glowing write-ups in Radio Times recently.

A major point of interest and surprise is the fact that Radio 1 DJ and TV presenter Jameela Jamil is part of the main cast - literally her first ever acting job! Not that she's stretched much but she's naturally funny anyway.

There's a big twist at the end of season 1 and it really hits its stride after that.

It's kind of a satire on religion and TV itself - everyone is programmed not to swear so "f*ck" turns into "fork". It's an ingenious way of getting round the stupid censorious US TV system.
    Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

I never miss an episode of this! Such an awesome and hilarious series. There has been no underwhelming episode so far.

The casting is perfect but my favourite characters are Janet and Jason. Chidi is getting annoying lately though.

Also, I get a surrealism feel from this show.

Comment

Re: The Good Place

Yes!!!! Janet is clearly the best character. She's hilarious.

Comment

The second season is now showing on E4 Thursday nights. I think it's brilliant.
          How many seasons are there so far? And is it still in production?
          Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

I started watching this on Netflix a few months ago and instantly loved it - I’m halfway through season two and it just keeps getting funnier. Janet is HILARIOUS and I also love some of Jason’s lines. The only character I dislike is Chidi, he’s infuriating at times.

Comment

There are 3 seasons and 4th one is ordered. It's a consistently great show. And I love how they turn everything on its head in every season finale.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

It was announced yesterday that the upcoming fourth season will be the last season of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                  It was announced yesterday that the upcoming fourth season will be the last season of the show.
                  Gutted

Comment

^I'm glad it ends on creators' terms rather than getting an abrupt cancelation.

Comment

Love this, the storyline is great. However i always have to tell everyone more then 3 episodes to get into it.
                      nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Loved the last few episodes of season 2 with Maya Rudolph as the judge!

Comment

^Even though Maya Rudolph always plays Maya Rudolph, she did fit in great here!

Comment

Why oh why?

Typical the Americans are so fickle with TV shows. If this was a UK made show it would run for much longer.
                            Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham76man View Post
                              Why oh why?
                              When they were mapping out the story apparently they had about 50 episodes worth of story. And when this season ends it will make a total of 52 episodes, so it will end when they tell the whole story as planned. I'm glad it turned out like this. At least this way it will have a proper ending and won't go on forever as many US comedies do and lose their meaning at some point in time.

Originally posted by Graham76man View Post
                              Typical the Americans are so fickle with TV shows. If this was a UK made show it would run for much longer.
                              Well 7 seasons made out of 4-6 episodes each isn't that much longer when you look at the total number of episodes. US and UK TV just work in a different way.

Comment

When they were mapping out the story apparently they had about 50 episodes worth of story. And when this season ends it will make a total of 52 episodes, so it will end when they tell the whole story as planned. I'm glad it turned out like this. At least this way it will have a proper ending and won't go on forever as many US comedies do and lose their meaning at some point in time.

Well 7 seasons made out of 4-6 episodes each isn't that much longer when you look at the total number of episodes. US and UK TV just work in a different way.
                                I agree. I suppose its best to leave on a high

Comment

Thats a shame but glad we have one more season.
                                  Why reach for the Moon when we have the Stars.

Comment

I was told about how good this was so I watched the first episode and thought it was one of the most ridiculous things I've watched. I came here to post that but seen so many people here rave about it too so I gave it another chance. I watched the first season in 2 days and I've just finished season 3.

It turned out to be quite the good show! I thought the first half of season 3 was a bit sluggish but the end was great. Janet saved the season but I love Jason and Michael too

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                      I was told about how good this was so I watched the first episode and thought it was one of the most ridiculous things I've watched. I came here to post that but seen so many people here rave about it too so I gave it another chance. I watched the first season in 2 days and I've just finished season 3.

It turned out to be quite the good show! I thought the first half of season 3 was a bit sluggish but the end was great. Janet saved the season but I love Jason and Michael too
                                      Jason and Janet are my 2 favs. But I honestly love them all. I agree though, if I was showing someone the show I'd make them watch a few episodes to get into it

Comment

Chidi and Eleanor in the last episode was sad! As much as Chidi annoys me I really like them together. Looking forward to how it’s all resolved in the final season. I really want a happy ending for Janet somehow too.

Comment

I thought the season premiere was meh. Hopefully not the sign of things to come.

Comment

I liked the season premiere. Mindy and The Judge are epic characters
                                            When we lose what we love
                                            Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                            When we lose what we love
                                            Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

I enjoyed it. I quite like the direction they are going

Comment

Really enjoyed the first episode, much better than the season 3 premiere anyway

Comment

I wanna see it, but I am not sure when it’s available on Netflix
                                                  nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Working...
                                                  X