Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockTheBoat
    replied
    I really thought the tube was going to crash down on top of everything as well, they built it up with the constant tube scenes and the three of them taking the photo.

The camera work at the beginning and end was great, it felt like a disaster film. And then we got people trying to lift the bus How annoying was Max in this episode? Just shouting/acting badly and not actually helping but ordering everyone around.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Something will happen to Martin. An excuse for Lacey to show off her skills (she's tiresome for me now). And I guess either Bex or Louise is gonna want Shakhil now

I really don't think many people are gonna be affected by it though. I'm not sure what the purpose of it was (we'll find out soon enough of course)

I really hope Lee doesn't die from this. It would be a terrible and completely unrelated exit to what has been a long story arc for him.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Presumably Whitney has the kid somewhere looking for his mother, and her phone got lost along the way. Or Lee is under the bus - doubtful as they couldn't kill Lee or Whitney off with Linda off on maternity leave.

Martin bring under the bus was silly - we all know they'd never kill Martin Fowler off, especially so close to re-casting his sister!

Genuinely thought the tube would have come down too. Loved the tube scenes - who would ever have thought Shirley would be getting the comedy relief scenes on a serious episode

I think Donna or Kush will die, as both refused medical help when clearly they needed it. Denise I suspect will slip into a coma or something with a brain bleed, but will pull through and wake up after the writers think Kim has been punished enough. Probably wake up wanting her baby too, knowing Eastenders...

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Loved the Whitney twist! Overall it was an enjoyable episode, loved the camera work at the beginning and end but the lifting of the bus was silly.

The missing kid thing must be leading somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Absolute tosh.

I hate these aftermath episodes where the community all works together. The scene of them lifting the bus was laughable and the camera effects were naff. I reckon Thursday's should be better.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Not Whitney. I got chills at the end. I hope Lee has her phone and he's dead. There has to be some significance to that missing kid, right?

Overall, very well acted in general. Could've done without the tube scenes.

I half expected Sonia to show up and see Martin and shout "someone get Den Watts, he'll know what to do" like in the fairground disaster. This was infinitely better than that.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    I don't think anyone is gonna die tbh

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Perhaps EE got an offer if it booked a hospital set and a hearse for a long period of time

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Denise won't die but don't mind if she does. Overrated character.

I wonder if Tina or Sylvie will die. Seems quite likely after that photo business. I don't think they'll be brave enough to kill off a teen, it'll probably just bring them all together (minibus crash 2003/4 teas). Johnny randomly appearing means something could happen to him or just a red herring.

No departures other than Lee and Babe have been announced, so i would be shocked if anyone but them died.

I'm not here for long term injuries either. They usually make such boring storylines, like Jane and her physio.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Well I thought it was interesting Billy was talking about how lucky he was to have Honey, Louise wished Keegan dead, and Rebecca doesn't want Shakky to speak to her again, Donna's wheels and Kim saying that Denise was dead to her. I want loads of deaths, we still have to see if anything else happens since Shirley's lot are on the tube. I wanted Lee and Babe dead, it would be good to kill a load of deadwood off.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    The mickey-mouse fast forward effect was AWFUL I loved Denise flinging open the cab door to try and save the day. It was alright, I'm interested to see what they'll do with the tube next and whether any characters will perish. I'm not sure any will after Ronnie and Roxy being less than a month ago but we might end up with something like an amputation or life-changing injury?

Agree about the bully portrayal, yawn. I didn't get the relevance of the Jay and Billy scenes, I was expecting them to tie in somehow but obviously not.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    The build-up was awful IMO. Market storyline #86373 and horrible Keegan character, who is just so OTT. Why would he kick Denise's book for no reason? Soaps are so bad are portraying bullies.

Stunt was kinda cool. Rumours are that the tube will fall off the track (thanks to the bus crashing into the line) and fall onto the square - that would be good!

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    The actual disaster was a bit shite but I liked the build up and the red herrings.
    I sincerely hope Denise doesn't die because I will be fuming and I'd find it incredibly convenient storytelling given her recent storylines. Plus would they really kill if three big female characters in one month?

I had a weird inkling Donna night die, she was having trouble with her wheels after all. I hope the kid from school dies, and Johnny can die too for all I care.

Honey appearing at the end was quite telling as Emma Barton was out of filming for panto season so maybe she's injured in it.

Or maybe it was just a stunt for ratings and the only person to die is the bus driver?

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123
    So clearly Sharon will become landlady
    I can't stand her lately. But love her camp one liners, like '......and I tan easily'

Even at the funeral she annoyed me when she offered to read the poem. She's a major shoehorn these days, almost to the extent of Stella (Michelle Collins) in Corrie a few years ago!

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    So clearly Sharon will become landlady

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Right, they've pretty much just confirmed that Babe's beer serving will have consequences and Mick will lose his license

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by RockTheBoat
    I'm growing to like new Michelle a bit more now, but all the way through her one to one episode with Sharon I kept thinking how much more powerful it would have been with the original actress. A shame Susan Tully didn't come back. Never mind, the new one is doing a good job and it must be hard stepping into such an iconic role.

Weren't they supposed to be rebuilding the Albert Square set so it's HD ready, but on the same site as the current set? Perhaps disaster week is something to do with that...

Everything to do with Michelle would be much more power with Susan Tully, but those days are long gone. It's a shame she wouldn't come back, but considering how well Martin's recast has gone, it's nice to see the character back and almost all Fowlers back where they belong (Mark Jr and Vicki surely aren't far behind).

If they intend to rebuild the set in HD (which I've heard too) but on the same site, I've no idea how that would work - the outside is needed! Unless of course they set a few episodes away from the square for a bit...

Leave a comment:

• RockTheBoat
    replied
    I'm growing to like new Michelle a bit more now, but all the way through her one to one episode with Sharon I kept thinking how much more powerful it would have been with the original actress. A shame Susan Tully didn't come back. Never mind, the new one is doing a good job and it must be hard stepping into such an iconic role.

Weren't they supposed to be rebuilding the Albert Square set so it's HD ready, but on the same site as the current set? Perhaps disaster week is something to do with that...

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Disaster week next week apparently!

Rumours:

Babe has been selling beer with her breakfasts. Well supposedly she sells a bus driver beer and he ends up driving his bus through the market, leading to Mick and Linda losing their license.

I hope this means Phil and Sharon buy The Vic!

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy
    Hopefully it will be related to Dot and Ethel Esquire, otherwise wtf is going on there with it breaking up the drama

I feel like this loneliness storyline could be the slow start of Dot's exit. June Brown is 90 soon... she can't go on forever. I would like them to really build something over the next year and give Dot a huge Christmas Day send-off.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Dot retiring though and becoming a lonely cat lady is such a cliche though. Nice to see Dot getting screen time though and I do like being able to say at work "This storyline about Dot's pussy is doing me head in"

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

Legend

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    He did murder Boots, didn't he?

I genuinely liked that storyline, really felt sorry for Shirley

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by Spartan
    Did Dot find her pussy in the end? I don't recall being as riveted by a storyline quite like this.
    Yeah he came home.

I know they're trying to portray her loneliness, but nothing will ever top Shirley and Boots

Remember when she kept accusing her neighbour of murdering Boots. Classic.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan
    Did Dot find her pussy in the end? I don't recall being as riveted by a storyline quite like this.
    Yeah he came home.

I know they're trying to portray her loneliness, but nothing will ever top Shirley and Boots

Leave a comment:

Working...
X